Resolved: Just governments ought to enusre food security for their citizens

This will be a LD debate. If you don't know what that is, don't accept...

Round 1: AC
Round 2: NC/1NR and 1AR
Round 3: 2NR and 2AR

Good luck to my opponent

This topic is the exact topic for the Novice Lincoln Douglas (LD) division for the state tournament in Louisiana.
I accept this challenge set by Jacksegs13, and look forward to a nice, clean, and educational debate.

As people around the world starve should it not be a requirement for just governments to provide food security?
According to in 2013, 49.1 million Americans live in food insecure households " (33.3 million adults), (15.8 million children)
I affirm the resolution " That just governments ought to ensure food security for their citizens.
I value just governments feeding their citizens through Food Security.

Food Security is defined as: "When all people at all times have access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food to maintain a healthy and active life" by The World Food Summit. describes Food Security as being divided into three different sections: Food Availability, Food Access, and Food Use.
-Food Availability
-Food Access
-Food use
Food availability: sufficient quantities of food available on a consistent basis.
Food access: having sufficient resources to obtain appropriate foods for a nutritious diet.
Food use: appropriate use based on knowledge of basic nutrition and care, as well as adequate water and sanitation.

Contention 1:
The fact is " There is enough food in the world to feed everyone adequately; the problem is distribution.
-The number of Americans who lacked reliable access to sufficient food shot up last year to its highest point since the government began surveying in 1995,
-The escalating unemployment rate and the number of working poor, lead us to believe that the number of people facing hunger will continue to rise significantly over the coming year
-Issues such as whether households get enough food, how it is distributed within the household and whether that food fulfils the nutrition needs of all members of the household show that food security is clearly linked to health.

Contention 2
Food insecurity produces cyclical poverty.
-Without adequate food, people cannot break the vicious cycle of poverty.
-Thus, in our country, poverty has greatly influenced food insecurity and we have, therefore, to determine the poverty line with relation to calories to be consumed.
-Those people who do not have a daily calorie intake of 2100 kcal or more in urban areas and 2400 kcal or more in rural areas are said to be living below the poverty line.

Contention 3
Food Security also means that the people who produce our food are able to earn a decent living wage.
-And serving food

Contention 4
Economic vitality and environmental health are in direct correlation with social equity and human health.
-Environmental Health " ensures that food production and procurement do not compromise the land, air, or water now or for future generations.
-Economic Vitality " ensures that the people who are producing our food are able to earn a decent living wage doing so. This ensures that producers can continue to produce our food.
-Human Health & Social Equity " ensures that particular importance is placed on community development and the health of the community, making sure that healthy foods are available economically and physically to the community and that people are able to access these foods in a dignified manner.

In whole as the viewers can see, Food Security is a fantastic idea.

My NC is attached:
If there is a problem with opening the case, say something in the comments section and I will do what I can.

Implementation necessary for aff shell:
Again, same as above

Additionally, my opponent has not provided any empirical evidence to why we must vote for them. They just provide speaking points and I honestly have no idea how to respond as my opponent has not provided any real arguments

Thus I negate

mdmark forfeited this round.

Jacksegs13 forfeited this round.

Anyway, I couldn't read your argument, so I'm going to assume It somewhat negated my case. I don't really have a rebuttal because i don't know what you said in it.
Posted by mdmark 1 year ago
Still cant access the argument
Posted by Jacksegs13 1 year ago
I'm not in LA tho for states. It's the national resolution
Posted by mdmark 1 year ago
And I cant access your case because my school has restricted the website.
Posted by mdmark 1 year ago
I'm going
Posted by Jacksegs13 1 year ago
Idk yet, I'm gonna see how it works in some practice rounds and then decide. Why?
Posted by mdmark 1 year ago
Are you going to State with this case?