KingDebater
imabench

Resolved: Only cool animals should be protected under the endangered species act.

imabench

KingDebater

Con

This is a Round 1 debate of Subutai's tournament with the theme of it being the environment. For clarification, this challenge was sent specifically to imabench.

I will give imabench the option to either use the first round for acceptance or to start his arguments there.
imabench

Pro

I accept this debate and will argue that only cool animals should be protected under the endangered species act
KingDebater

Con

Sunglasses
I am guessing (by his use of the word 'cool') that Imabench is one of those teenage rebelling punks that you always catch doing mean things on the street. The truth is that Imabench (What a silly name!) would consider an animal 'cool' if it was a 'footy fanatic' or could do something really neat with its belly button. All of these things are simply novelty, so to only save cool animals seems really stupid to an intellectual such as myself.

How to not have a brain
Everyone knows that animals are dead stupid, (In fact, I'd be an advocate of renaming them 'dumbimals') and I'll list a few examples in case hesabench decides to daringly disagree.
1. Crazy Kickin' Cats - Cats just want to see us normal living things die. Also, cats are fat.
2. Horrible Horses - Horses are dead dumb because they've never done any good things. A horse has never won a gold medal at the o-lympics, a horse has never discovered radiation left over from the big bang, and not a single horse has ever won the WWE Championship [1].
3. Bickering Birds - Birds are really not good because the only thing they're good at is singing, and I have never ever seen an album from a bird in the super shop.

Malicious Money
Everyone knows that money is the best thing ever. People also know that the endangered species act will cost some serious spondulix (But I bet you won't catch a frog that knows that!). If we just let all the animals die, then nobody will have to give away any of their wonga and everyone will live on piles of money and be very happy.

Shut up!
Everyone (except the ignorant animals (that's all of them)) knows that whenever there is an annoying program thing such as the endangered species act, there are always these annoying activists who always have to bug us normal people who still have wonga in our wallets. If we just let the animals die, then these shouty dimwits will be non-existent when I go to the shop to buy some well-earned sweets.

Let 'em be
If a certain species all snuff it, then we know that they were just a bunch of weaklings that evolution didn't favour. I can't remember the last time an animal launched a program to help us humans, so I don't see why we should help those boring beasts.

Riskin' it!
We all know that humans were designed to be on this planet and that we're the perfect species to be kings (or quirky queens) of the world, so the way I see it, trying to save the animals is stupid. For all we know, they will adapt and evolve into super robots beyond the moon who want to take over the world and we'll be too inept to stop and then there'll be injustice forever. We all know that this would be real bad, so we should take risks and let the animals die.

BUT IF WHAT HUH?!
But even if we knew that these endangered pests weren't going to evolve into robotic robots, I say that 'cool' animals should simply be left to die. I know from experience that 'cool' beings are jerks that steal your chips and tie your shoelaces together. Cool = not good.

I'm excited to hear Pro's response.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
imabench

Pro

My argument:

There are several dozen animals on the endangered species list, some of which include the Chinese Giant Salamander, the kakapo, the saiga, the goliath frog, the malaysian tapir, the catarina pupfish, and several other animals you probably never heard of.

There are a ton of animals on the endangered species list that youve never heard of, because the Endangered Species Act is hipster like that, and everyone knows that Hipsters are f*cking annoying.

To the main point.... Who is the government to decide which species people care about? Whats next, Congress will decide which video games people like or which singers are important? When the Endangered species act was signed in 1973, Nixon and all of Congress made the mistake in thinking that people cared about ALL endangered animals. Nixon though wasnt exactly the best judge of what people would or wouldnt care about (Watergate, Vietnam, Hippies), and weve had to suffer from him being disconnected from the public ever since. I know its shocking to think there was once a time when Republican politicians were disconnected from reality, but that was the case back in the 1970's.

So why should only cool animals be protected under the endangered species act? Because your money shouldnt be spent to protect animals you didnt know existed, and the only animals that people know exist that are on the endangered list are animals that people think are cool. Why spend money on things people dont care about when we already dont spend money on things people DO care about? That just doesnt make sense! Theres also no real loss from protecting animals that people dont know exist, because if they did something useful or important, then people would know about them and therefore would care about those animals, because those animals do something cool that helps people.

===================================================================

1) Sunglasses

"The truth is that Imabench (What a silly name!) would consider an animal 'cool' if it was a 'footy fanatic' or could do something really neat with its belly button"

Of course not, the only animals I consider to be cool are animals that would look good wearing sunglasses. Hence why the title of this argument is 'Sunglasses'

2) how to not have a brain

"Everyone knows that animals are dead stupid"

Dont compare animals to Republicans just because both are dead stupid, thats an insult to the good name of animals!

All animals have some noble characteristics that make them cool even though they arent as smart as people.
- House cats rule over the internet while Lions have given us 'The Lion King', the greatest movie ever
- Horses are great racers, and Sarah Jessica parker actually is an iconic actress
- Birds like Eagles and Falcons are symbols of national pride and dont sh*t on our cars like crows do

Money

"If we just let all the animals die, then nobody will have to give away any of their wonga and everyone will live on piles of money and be very happy."

Yeah they will, when you cut government spending in one place they end up just spending that money on something else even stupider, like their own salaries, or tax cuts for the rich, or to keep paying off the media so they dont admit that Obama actually lost Ohio.... I dont think ALL animals should be protected, just ones that people care about, aka the cool ones.

Shut Up

"Everyone knows that whenever there is an annoying program thing such as the endangered species act, there are always these annoying activists who always have to bug us normal people who still have wonga in our wallets."

'money' isnt a curse word that if you say it three times in your bathroom mirror a ghost will appear or something...

"If we just let the animals die, then these shouty dimwits will be non-existent when I go to the shop to buy some well-earned sweets."

They wont not exist, they'll be more pissed off then ever!!! If polar bears and whales died we would never hear the end of it from activists, but do you think people will be up in arms over whether or not the West Virginian blue shelled snail went extinct? Of course not, because the West Virginia blue shelled snail isnt cool like whales or polar bears are.

Let em be

"I can't remember the last time an animal launched a program to help us humans, so I don't see why we should help those boring beasts."

Well f*ck you for thinking that BACON ISNT IMPORTANT

Yeah thats right, BACON. In 1980 in response to the Endangered Species Act, pigs launched the most successful recycling program ever made, the conversion of apples, INTO BACON. Helping animals has yielded immense benefits to humanity, and we cant turn our backs on them just because PRO THINKS BACON IS STUPID.

Risking it

"For all we know, they will adapt and evolve into super robots beyond the moon who want to take over the world and we'll be too inept to stop and then there'll be injustice forever"

Youre thinking of Transformers not animals.

BUT IF WHAT HUH?!

"I say that 'cool' animals should simply be left to die. I know from experience that 'cool' beings are jerks that steal your chips and tie your shoelaces together. "

Well thats because you wore a stupid a** shirt to school. Anybody who is a fan of one direction deserves to get their chips stolen and their shoes tied together, now get rid of the shirt before we shove a urinal cake in your mouth, got it?

KingDebater

Con

P*nis-lovin' Pro says: There are several dozen animals on the endangered species list, some of which include the Chinese Giant Salamander, the kakapo, the saiga, the goliath frog, the malaysian tapir, the catarina pupfish, and several other animals you probably never heard of.
http://en.wikipedia.org......

In the words of Nev the Bear, too right bro! Endangered animals are so annoying and we should just let them die.

Pointless Pro says: To the main point.... Who is the government to decide which species people care about? Whats next, Congress will decide which video games people like or which singers are important?
Imabench has a suprisingly good idea here, because then, people would like good bands like Union J instead of rubbish piles of testosterone like one direction or JLS (Jumping lousy suckers).

Punchin' Pro says: So why should only cool animals be protected under the endangered species act?
That's a brilliant question from Con, but I'm pretty sure that nobody in the world could give a good answer.

It's-a-punishment-to-listen-to-him Pro says: Of course not, the only animals I consider to be cool are animals that would look good wearing sunglasses. Hence why the title of this argument is 'Sunglasses'
Sunglasses are stupid though, which is why when you say 'Stupid sunglasses' it's alliteration. Sunglasses were designed to be stupid, and stupid animals shouldn't be saved.

Punk Pro sez (His spelling, not mine. Don't give him the vote for spelling and grammar): Yeah they will, when you cut government spending in one place they end up just spending that money on something else even stupider, like their own salaries, or tax cuts for the rich, or to keep paying off the media so they dont admit that Obama actually lost Ohio.... I dont think ALL animals should be protected, just ones that people care about, aka the cool ones.
First of all, the government is really smart and good and productive and wouldn't do dumb things, and even if they did, we could correct them. We, the people. Also, Pro makes the messy mistake of saying that people care about beings that are cool. Nobody does. They're chavs who tie your shoelaces together and steal your chips.

Pesky Pro says: They wont not exist, they'll be more pissed off then ever!!! If polar bears and whales died we would never hear the end of it from activists, but do you think people will be up in arms over whether or not the West Virginian blue shelled snail went extinct? Of course not, because the West Virginia blue shelled snail isnt cool like whales or polar bears are.
Well, I'm pretty sure that they'll just realize they're wrong and stop.

Pink Pro says: Well f*ck you for thinking that BACON ISNT IMPORTANT

Bacon is rubbish, and it doesn't save endangered humans.

Poisonous Pro says: Youre thinking of Transformers not animals.
I know what I'm thinking, and I'm thinking of animals. Pro is so arrogance that he thinks he knows more about what I think than me. How DUMB.

Porky Pro says: Well thats because you wore a stupid a** shirt to school. Anybody who is a fan of one direction deserves to get their chips stolen and their shoes tied together, now get rid of the shirt before we shove a urinal cake in your mouth, got it?
OMG! It's Union J, not those losers one direction! Get it right! Uhh, I hate dealing with the ign*rant.
imabench

Pro

"Endangered animals are so annoying and we should just let them die."

Well Justin Bieber fangirls can be annoying too but that doesnt mean we should let them die.

Bad example, let me try again

Barack Obama haters can be annoying too but that doesnt mean we should let them die. (That one works). Some endangered animals are worth saving, Im simply arguing we should save the ones that people actually care about, such as whales and polar bears and sh*t

"Sunglasses were designed to be stupid, and stupid animals shouldn't be saved."

No they werent, sunglasses were designed so that people with Lazy eyes could get with women much easier then normal, they just happened to catch on and become a popular item. Its true some people use them in a stupid way, like d-bags wearing them indoors when its not bright or anything, but they were not designed to be stupid.

"First of all, the government is really smart and good and productive and wouldn't do dumb things"

Theres a difference between a troll debate and an idiot debate dude :P

"Also, Pro makes the messy mistake of saying that people care about beings that are cool"

Well excuse you, but here is a list of cool things people care about:

-Cars
-Metallica
-Television
-The Avengers
-Money
-Smart Phones
-Xbox and PS3
-Tanks and Attack Helicopters
-Girls
-Tosh.0
I can go on but it is completely ridiculous to claim that people dont care about cool stuff.

"Bacon is rubbish, and it doesn't save endangered humans.'

Oh you whore. How dare you sully the good name of Bacon!

"Pro is so arrogance that he thinks he knows more about what I think than me"

Well Con is so arrogant that he tries to make me look bad while using 'arrogance' as a verb.... You cant use that word as a verb you moronic.

"OMG! It's Union J, not those losers one direction! Get it right! Uhh, I hate dealing with the ign*rant."

Union J is just the gayer and even less popular cousin of One Direction, who is already very gay and unpopular to begin with which says a lot about the gayness and popularity of One Direction.
KingDebater

Con

con is so dumb...............................................................................................................................................

" Well Justin Bieber fangirls can be annoying too but that doesnt mean we should let them die.

Bad example, let me try again

Barack Obama haters can be annoying too but that doesnt mean we should let them die. (That one works). Some endangered animals are worth saving, Im simply arguing we should save the ones that people actually care about, such as whales and polar bears and sh*t"
Yeahhhhh, but those dumbimals are some of the suckiest suckers who ever sucked. They are so big and one dropped one on me the other day, and then just last week, a whale was leaning on me when all of a sudden it decided to snuff it. I was crushed.

"No they werent, sunglasses were designed so that people with Lazy eyes could get with women much easier then normal, they just happened to catch on and become a popular item. Its true some people use them in a stupid way, like d-bags wearing them indoors when its not bright or anything, but they were not designed to be stupid."
Oh yes? Well if they weren't designed to be stupid, then why is there alliteration when you say 'stupid sunglasses'? Also, even if you're right, sunglasses are really dumb because lazy people should just get off their fat bum. We shouldn't have to help them.

"Theres a difference between a troll debate and an idiot debate dude :P"
*There's as in There's an idiot for you!

" Well excuse you, but here is a list of cool things people care about:

-Cars
-Metallica
-Television
-The Avengers
-Money
-Smart Phones
-Xbox and PS3
-Tanks and Attack Helicopters
-Girls
-Tosh.0
I can go on but it is completely ridiculous to claim that people dont care about cool stuff."
That list is so fake.

"Oh you whore. How dare you sully the good name of Bacon!"
Bacon is absolutely rub rub.

"Well Con is so arrogant that he tries to make me look bad while using 'arrogance' as a verb.... You cant use that word as a verb you moronic. "
Hey! Pro stole my joke! D:< ): o:

"Union J is just the gayer and even less popular cousin of One Direction, who is already very gay and unpopular to begin with which says a lot about the gayness and popularity of One Direction."
Nope.
imabench

Pro

"They are so big and one dropped one on me the other day, and then just last week, a whale was leaning on me when all of a sudden it decided to snuff it. I was crushed."

Dont call your mother a whale, that is an insult to the size of whales.

" sunglasses are really dumb because lazy people should just get off their fat bum"

Youre not even making sense anymore.

======================================================================

^ Those were the only solid responses the con gave to my arguments. Everything else was basically dropped.

List of dropped arguments:
- Animals are not dead stupid
- Some endangered animals are worth saving
- People shouldnt pay money to protect species they dont even know exists
- Activists would be up in arms if popular endangered animals went extinct
- Bacon is amazing and great
- Just because something is annoying it doesnt mean they should die since annoying is subjective
- Union J is the gayer and even less popular cousin of One Direction

Vote Pro on all counts
Posted by AriellaSoulliere 3 years ago
AriellaSoulliere
All animals should have a chance to be protected, weather their "cool" or not. What a stupid debate.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Ragnar, Gamer's vote is countered by Pennington and LotusNG. This means this debate should be a tie.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
(LotusNG's vote still uncountered)
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Votebombs from thegamer1998 and LotusNG. Thegamer1998 gives no explanation for his vote and LotusNG ignores the fact that imabench also dropped a lot of what I said, especially considering that this was a troll debate :p.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Votebomb much?
Posted by TN05 3 years ago
TN05
This is going to be amazing.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
youre so cute when you get angry <3
Posted by Anti-atheist 3 years ago
Anti-atheist
Fuckyou ima in theass. Hope you get fuckedand not get a reach around.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: CVB TheGamer1998.
Vote Placed by Pennington 3 years ago
Pennington
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: I find it hard to counter a votebomb here because all are VB's. I think the best result is to give 4 points to bench. This was a good debate BTW. I think bench won. But, I am goingto vote based on both Lotus and gamer. If I counter gamer then Lotus would be considered valid. I do not think it was. I offer four points to counter both.
Vote Placed by TheGamer1998 3 years ago
TheGamer1998
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Every endangered animal should be on the list, not just the cool ones
Vote Placed by LotusNG 3 years ago
LotusNG
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: King dropped nearly everything, and I wish I could give both of them conduct that was fantastic :P
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter GeekiTheGreat.
Vote Placed by GeekiTheGreat 3 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Agreed with the lower guy.
Vote Placed by effimero89 3 years ago
effimero89
KingDebaterimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: lame boring gay