imabench
Pink_unicorns_forever

Resolved: Sad commercials with sad music should be banned from TV completely

imabench

imabench

Pro

I have had it up to HERE *Raises arm at full length above head with hand parallel to the ground) with these damn sad commercials by the ASPCA or those sad white people talking about starving children in Africa.... Is it tragic that it happens? Yeah, but you dont have to frick up MY good mood because of it!

Im not saying that all commercials about bad things should be banned, im just saying that any of those commercials that try to guilt-trip you into doing something should be banned since 1) They CLEARLY dont work, and 2) Everyone who sees those commercials responds by muting the TV or changing the channel!

I know that you all hate those damn commercials to, and that some of you are thinking that they shouldnt be banned because doing so in your mind means you are not a terrible person.... But wake up to the real world already. Each and every one of you who have seen those commercials have NEVER actually called the number and donated to them, and there is a chance that those commercials have STOPPED people from helping because the ads are depressing, and everyones reaction to those commercials is to change the channel.

And that is why I believe sad commercials that play sad music and all that crap should be banned.... Because they help no one and can ruin a good vibe.

For the record this is a troll debate... And im saying that for the idiots who didnt pick up on that before.
Pink_unicorns_forever

Con

I agree that in some cases people don't call the number and donate money, but that is not the only point of theses commercials the main point it to spread awareness. My beast friend adopted a dog from the humain society the other day because she knew that she was helping and animals because of all the sad and cute commercials she has seen. Many can even save a human life because of all of the commercials about the sad consequences of smoking. Normally people will not research the effect of things like smoking, animals being abused, and drunk driving, theses commercials teach people thing. That might save there lives. Why would you want to ban them if they benefit us so much? These commercials are the only commercials that should not be banned. How would you in force this ban? It would be impossible; what is considered sad music? Who will choose the adds that are allowed? What will be a sad commercial ? What will be the punishment for publishing such a commercial?
imabench

Pro

"the main point it to spread awareness"

You can spread awareness though without gulit-tripping the living hell out of unsuspecting people though!

"My beast friend adopted a dog from the humain society"

Judging from your spelling I highly doubt that is true.....

"Many can even save a human life because of all of the commercials about the sad consequences of smoking."

Now youre not even on topic.

" theses commercials teach people thing"

Again, you can teach people/raise awareness about something without making it as depressing as possible, and im arguing that these sad commercials are excessively sad to the point that they hurt their own cause, and therefore should be banned.

"Why would you want to ban them if they benefit us so much?"

Cause they DONT benefit us, they literally depress the living hell out of people and drive us to ignoring a key issue in humanity

"How would you in force this ban?"

Itll be pretty easy, the government managed to ban beer commercials from showing people actually drinking beer, if they can pull that off they should be able to ban sad ASPCA commercials.

"what is considered sad music?"

Are you really too stupid to know what qualifies as sad music or is this just a rhetorical question? I ask because It could honestly be either one judging from your arguments.
Pink_unicorns_forever

Con

Pink_unicorns_forever forfeited this round.
imabench

Pro

Yeah I figured....
Pink_unicorns_forever

Con

Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
TROLL DEBATE TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DID NOT KNOW. (Aka ball, and con. The other two people who have said something in this debate)

The point is to make people laugh, not make outstanding arguments.

AND YES... I KNOW HE EVEN SAID IT IN HIS ARGUMENTS. BUT SOMEHOW, CON MISSED IT.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop

Posted by CheyenneBall 3 years ago
CheyenneBall
I Disagree. Yes The Commercials Are Annoying At Times But For The Most Part It's An Insight Into What Is Going On And How Bad It Can Get. Even Though I Cant Donate My Money I Like To Volunteer With Organizations And That Also Makes A Difference. I Can Honestly Say I Wouldn't Know About Some Of The Things Going On Without These SAD COMMERCIALS.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
My mom just starts crying and then donate 500$. Following that, my family doesn't eat for the rest of the week.
Vote Placed by Jay-D 3 years ago
Jay-D
imabenchPink_unicorns_foreverTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited and hence lost conduct. Con also had really bad spelling. The only source used in this debated was provided by Pro, so he gets points for that too. Pro gets points for arguments as he provided valid (as valid as it can get in a troll debate) arguments and effective rebuttals.