lannan13
Cooldudebro

Resolved: Same-sex couples outght to have the same adoption rights as straight couples

lannan13 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

lannan13

Pro

This debate challenge has been sent to Cooldudebro as I would like to thank him ahead of time for accepting this debate.

Resolution
Resolved: Same-sex couples ought to have the same adoption rights as straight couples.

Rules

1. No forfeits
2. Citations should be provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final speeches
4. Observe good sportsmanship and act civilly/decorously in the debate
5. No trolling
6. No "kritiks" of the topic (challenging assumptions in the resolution)
7. My opponent accepts all definitions and waives his/her right to add resolutional definitions
8. The BOP is evenly shared
9. Follow the structure of the debate properly
11. Rebuttals of new points raised in an adversary's immediately preceding speech may be permissible at the judges' discretion even in the final round (debaters may debate such rebuttals' appropriateness)
12. Violation of any of these rules, or of any of the R1 set-up, merits a loss

Structure

R1. Pro's terms and definition; Con accepts
R2. Pro's Case/arguments; Con generic Case/arguments
R3. Pro generic Rebuttal; Con generic Rebuttal
R4. Pro generic Rebuttal; Con generic Rebuttal

Definitions

Same-sex- of or involving a sexual relationship between two men or between two women: [1]

adoption- the act or process of adopting a child [2]

rights- morally or socially correct or acceptable [3]

Ought- used to say or suggest what should be done [4]

1. (http://tinyurl.com...)
2. (http://tinyurl.com...)
3. (http://tinyurl.com...)
4. (http://tinyurl.com...)
Cooldudebro

Con

I accept. Arigatou guzaimasu!
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
I'm pro equality, funnily enough. I think people - infertile or not- should be able to pass on their family name. Since infertile couples cannot do this via the usual method of the sideways monster mash, adoption is the only thing left and I see no real reason to deny them of this, since adopting a child is far better than just letting the child stay in the orphanage.
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
"Herio...are you asking why a family name should die out beacuse the family line died out? You simply asked "why" without anything intelligent. Do you think otherwise?"

You said that infertile couples shouldn't be able to adopt; you said that their family name should die out. If they don't have any kids, sure, it will happen. But you stated that infertile couples' family names SHOULD die out.

Why?

Do you think they are less deserving to pass on their family name? Infertility is not a choice.
Posted by TheBenC 8 months ago
TheBenC
Herio...are you asking why a family name should die out beacuse the family line died out? You simply asked "why" without anything intelligent. Do you think otherwise?
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
I have a few tips for you if you wish to be a better debater; you didn't seem to realise these things when you debated me:

1. Read your sources and understand them. You didn't do this last time and some of your sources actually supported me.
2. If something is caused by both hetero and homo, you cannot simply single out homo and say only homo causes it.
3. Don't commit any logical fallacies.
4. Don't ignore your opponents arguments.
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
@Cooldudebro
"But, I will not respond to anymore of your comments. Good day. :D"

Cute.

But not surprising, considering your temperament to loss and opposition.

@TheBenC
"I think the same about infertile couples as gay couples. Their family name should die out, plain and simple, but it is better for the kid to be adopted than to sit in an orphanage."

Why should it?
Posted by TheBenC 8 months ago
TheBenC
I think the same about infertile couples as gay couples. Their family name should die out, plain and simple, but it is better for the kid to be adopted than to sit in an orphanage.
Posted by Cooldudebro 8 months ago
Cooldudebro
@Keirio

No. I've got plenty of new arguments now. But, I will not respond to anymore of your comments. Good day. :D
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
Because that'll be making things just a touch too easy.
Posted by Heirio 8 months ago
Heirio
I hope you don't intend on making the same arguments you made in our debate.
Posted by Cooldudebro 8 months ago
Cooldudebro
@Heirio

Oh crap I'm gonna get vote bombed this debate. XP