Resolved: School lunches are better than home prepared meals.

First round is for acceptance, second round for main argument, third round for rebuttal, fourth round for final focus. No new information may be presented in this round. Does my opponent accept?

I accept the debate as presented. It will be my burden of proof to prove that school lunches are better then home prepared meals.

Definitions will be defined by the opponent if need be.

I await the reply.

thedebatekid forfeited this round.

In arguing for school lunches, I will focus on 3 main points. My opponent may make new points as he pleases. My 3 points are nutritional value, availability, and cost.

Nutrition: According to the USDA, Meals (usually )contain no more then
1. 30% of calories from fat
2. 10% of saturated fats. [1]
Also, a 2001 study [2] shows that kids who bring school lunches are more likely to bring sugars and fats then school lunch kids.
According to my first source, only 2% of kids who eat sack lunches meet dietary guidelines.
On the other hand, over 75% of schools have vegan options, and 100% have substitutes for milk to still meet nutrition guidelines.
Also, meals all meet guide lines for calcium, vitamin d & A, and Iron.
2. Availiability
As of now, there are over 30 million school lunches served each day. This is obvious that you can get a school lunch if you need one.

3. Cost. An average meal cost 2.48$, a small sum. Even then the average reduced, there is a 9 billion dollar budget for free lunches each year. With so much money, there is no reason money will not be a problem. [3]

P.S These are my 3 points. I am keeping my argument short so my opponent will have room for what his previous argument was going to be.

Thank you for reading.

I am sorry for my absence. I have been sick recently and have not been on to post my debate. I here by frofiet the debate to my opponent TheAntidoter. Thank you for your co-operation.

It appears due to personal reasons, My opponent cannot finish this debate.

I ask that you vote how it would see fit in this situation.

Thank you for understanding.

Nothing More needs to be said.

The debate will now be in the voting period.
Posted by TheAntidoter 4 years ago
That would Explain your absence. It's ok.

P . S Good luck in our next debate.
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
Good job antidote. Sorry i have been sick since Friday and have not been able to debate. I will set up another for us in the near future if you wish. Everyone vote for him and sorry for the confusion.