ScarletGhost4396
Riversidegirl4life

Resolved: Sex education ought not include in curriculum information of birth control.

Riversidegirl4life

ScarletGhost4396

Con

This round is for acceptance only. The second will be for presentation of arguments. Third through fifth will be for rebuttals. In case if anyone doesn't know what I refer to, this is it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Tennessee Sex Education Bill Promotes Abstinence-Only, Warns Against Gateway Sexual Activity" (Huffington Post)

Riversidegirl4life

Pro

I accept, although I just realised I'm not 100% sure which side you're arguing (I realise this is NOT the cleverest thing to do, haha!) I want to argue that kids SHOULD learn about contraception. . .
ScarletGhost4396

Con

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Pro

Riversidegirl4life forfeited this round.
ScarletGhost4396

Con

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Pro

ScarletGhost4396

Con

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Pro

ScarletGhost4396

Con

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Pro

Posted by ScarletGhost4396 5 years ago
ScarletGhost4396
Perhaps the "ought" would've been just fine rather than "ought not". lol
Posted by Riversidegirl4life 5 years ago
Riversidegirl4life
Sorry, the double negative confused me.
What now?
Posted by ScarletGhost4396 5 years ago
ScarletGhost4396
To opponent: I was going to be arguing that. lol. You were supposed to argue that birth control should NOT be included in the curriculum.
Posted by ScarletGhost4396 5 years ago
ScarletGhost4396
Yet at the same time, it's curriculum has probably prompted for remaining abstinent and while there are contraceptives, they emphasized that they are not 100% effective, right? Again I ask you: can you name even 1 sex ed program that actually has a 100% effectiveness rate in preventing sex and pregnancies. Furthermore, you're using a small sample size to try to make a general argument about the public at large. Why is your public school representative of all of America when it comes to the effectiveness of the sexual education program?
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
Or...you can promote other stuff get sex out of the media and not even mention it till their 17. I mean seriously the public school down my street has birth control in their curriculum and yet I know at least 20 girls there that is pregnant. I mean seriously if we just not even mention the word sex they wont even know about it.
Posted by Aaronroy 5 years ago
Aaronroy
@Deathbeforedishonour

Because children are sentient beings who tend to make decisions for themselves, and have the ability to not do what they are told. Children (by this, we mean people who take sex ed, typically teenagers) are curious about sex and will probably end up doing it even if some old women in Sex-Ed tells them not to. The best solution is to tell them they risk pregnancy and the only way to not have a child before marriage is abstinence, but should the predicament arise, contraception and birth control are a necessity.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Ought would imply a moral obligation by definition. I don't see why you couldn't.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
can I argue morality?
Posted by ScarletGhost4396 5 years ago
ScarletGhost4396
Message me when you find a sex ed program that is 100% effective at promoting abstinence whether or not they teach about birth control. If abstinence is absolutely not an option, the very least they could have is a knowledge about how to do it safely and prevent problems in the future. That's just my two bits.
Deathbeforedishonour
And how is telling CHILDREN about birth control gonna help out with getting CHILDREN not to have sex.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
ScarletGhost4396Riversidegirl4lifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff first, did not meet BOP