AnimeFanTony
pfdebater

Resolved: That, on balance, the rise of Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) has had a positive i

Con Tied Pro

AnimeFanTony

Con

>I shall be taking the Con side of this Debate.

Definitions:
GDP: Gross domestic product is one of the measures of national income and input for a given country's economy. GDP is defined as the total cost of all finished goods and services produced within the country in a stipulated period of time.

C1-Brazil
Brazil has a history of high inflation, high interest rates and high import duties which contributed to the bad US economy. Also major drug trafficking occurs from Brazil. Many drug gangs have their origins in Brazil and escape capture their for many years. Recently it took 100 police forces in Brazil to finally capture a mere 35 drug traders. So with people buying drugs from Brazil money is not flowing in the American economy further contributing to America's economic decline. Also Brazil, a Latin American superpower, has been plagued by political corruption and seems to be surrounded by many of the strongest socialistic governments in the word, such as the ones in Venezuela and Bolivia. How can we trade with a corrupt government? This could on a international scale make America seem corrupt itself. Additionally if a government has corruption it can not be trusted so trading with Brazil is and obvious mistake. Furthermore Brazil is also one of the top ten countries America imports oil from. By continue to sell huge amounts of oil to us Brazil is helping in keeping America addicted to oil proving once again that it is detrimental to the United States of America.

C2-Russia
One of Russia's big negatives is organized crime. And with Russia's immigrating to America organized crime is on the rise. With crime rising police are extra busy and to prevent officers from working to much cities often have to hire new officers whose salaries is paid through taxes causing an increase in both crime and taxes. Russian diplomacy had been described as secretive and suspicious, untrustworthy, and displaying unusual hostility toward the Western powers. If Russia can not be trusted who is to say that they won't eventually turn on the United States. Therefore Russia has in fact not had a positive impact on the United States

C3-India
India, in spite of being a strong democracy for the last 60 years, has had internal conflicts that are based on caste, religion, ethnicity, and language. Its troubled relationship with its nuclear neighbor Pakistan and the militancy in Kashmir continue to distract the government and its resources in that country. If it is too focused on internal conflict or its neighbors it could not possible have time to contribute positively to the United States thereby proving that it can not contribute positively to the United States.

C4-China
A new study has found that the United States' growing trade deficit with China has had an increasingly negative impact on the U.S. economy, causing job losses that reach into the most technologically advanced industries in the manufacturing sector and affect every state, according to a January 11 press release by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC). By effecting America's economy negatively it has impacted America negatively henceforth it had not positively impacted America.

C5-Overall detriment
All the four BRIC countries: a) are among the top seven largest countries in land area, b) among the top eight most populous countries (accounting for about 40 percent of the world population), c) among the ten biggest economies in terms of GDP purchasing power parity and d) are among the top fourteen biggest economies in terms of nominal GDP. Russia and China are also part of the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council and the two of them, along with India, possess nuclear capabilities. America owes China 585 billion dollars, Brazil 141.9 billion dollars, Russia 69.7 billion and India 14.2 billions in debt. Predatory trade, especially as practiced by China, has led to more than 3.3 million U.S. manufacturing job losses since the beginning of 2001. China's illegal undervaluing of its currency combined with its peg to the U.S. dollar gives China's manufacturers a substantial competitive advantage over their U.S. competitors. Not only is China's cheating costing U.S. manufacturer's market share, it also is discouraging investment in manufacturing in the United States, and this lack of investment is contributing to weakness of the U.S. economy. Furthermore China remains a communist country, while Russia is slowly crawling out of its communist USSR past. Each one of the G7 countries is a matured democracy with free press, free elections, and the guarantee of free speech. Some of the BRIC countries have a long way to go in assuring these freedoms and a lack of these freedoms will be detrimental to the world population. So as one can see BRIC had not positively impacted the United States and in some case negatively impacted it.
pfdebater

Pro

C1-Brazil

C2-Russia

C3-India

C4-China

C5-Overall detriment

I win!
AnimeFanTony

Con

As my opponent who is supposed to be the affirmative side of this legislation has not posted any arguments in his favor I should win this debate. In fact all my opponent did was to copy and paste my points as his own which is in fact against his side of the argument therefore I win the debate.
pfdebater

Pro

As the voters should know, I am not a fool that posts his contentions online so that everyone can see them. I obvioulsy did not come 14th in nationals last year because of putting my cotentions on the web and letting potential opponents see my case. I believe that you should vote for me, because I am not a fool, and as you can see, my opponent does not realize that now, everyone can take, use, modify, and fight against his argument.
Thus, my superiorness is why I should win this debate.
Thank you very much voters. I count on you to make me win!
AnimeFanTony

Con

Apparently my opponent believes me to be a fool for posting arguments on a website even though i will win this debate because of it. What my opponent does not know is that I am in Lincoln-Douglas Debate whilst this is a Public Forum Topic. As I don't do Public Forum I have no need to worry about stolen arguments. Furthermore if my opponent had no plan to post any arguments he is apparently the fool for accepting the debate knowing that he would not post any arguments. Therefore I win due to my arguments, my opponents failure to post any arguments for his side and for him knowingly accepting a debate when he knew that he would not post points.
Posted by dragonfire1414 7 years ago
dragonfire1414
@pfdebater
What an idiot.
Enough said.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Defaulted CON...lol
Posted by majormerak 7 years ago
majormerak
This debate was obviously pointless. And judging on pfdebater's conduct, I have serious concerns with his/her claims. Plus, if he is not "a fool" why does he have an account here? And, a truly good debater would not have to worry about opponents that just copy his or her arguments; it would actually make their job easier. Anyway, about the arguments the con made; there are no sources to back up the claims. Plus, many were assumptions and did not tie BRIC together as one.
Posted by genyblogger 7 years ago
genyblogger
In my opinion both sides have committed too many fallacies for this debate to have a definite winner. Work on your form and actually read something about the topic before you post a debate about it.
Posted by Russia 7 years ago
Russia
If "pfdebater" is so good, he would have watchd the debate and got arguments, or his arguments were so good that he could refute them, if you're a good debator you must be able to refute your points, and your answers, I BET that "pfdebater" isn't good and is just being abnoxous at his debate, b/c that is the only time I loose PF, on the flow I win, but b/c the idiots in PF are so stupid and can't argue the point they just ignore them and lie throughout the debate, POLICY debate is the best debate and PF ****s
Posted by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
The Instigator took the Con side of the debate, which is legitimate. Con made a long series of doubtful assertions without any references to support them. However Pro offered neither rebuttal nor counter evidence. Con gets the nod in a debate that is a waste of time.

BTW, don't assume that everyone knows the topic. Spell it out in full.
Posted by MewxVenus 7 years ago
MewxVenus
If the stupid site would text my phone I would totally vote for you, AnimeFanTony!
Posted by AnimeFanTony 7 years ago
AnimeFanTony
No your not and the only reason you have seven is because u voted for your self. If you looked at the comments you would see im the favored one here so your plan to vote for your self doesnt really work.
Posted by pfdebater 7 years ago
pfdebater
oh...dayum..
its seems like IM WINNIN!
aight guyz. peace
Posted by FlamingSheep 7 years ago
FlamingSheep
I really don't like this new Public Forum topic. There's only one way to argue for both sides. Pro-hegemony and anti-hegemony. It's really a letdown how awful most of the Public Forum topics have been this year, I'm glad I do LD.

Also, pfdebater, you need some talent. Ad Hominem doesn't win you rounds.
Vote Placed by Conor 7 years ago
Conor
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by Scyrone 7 years ago
Scyrone
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by Chase_the_Bass 7 years ago
Chase_the_Bass
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by Lexicaholic 7 years ago
Lexicaholic
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by Charlie_Danger 7 years ago
Charlie_Danger
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by MTGandP 7 years ago
MTGandP
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by SuperPerfundo 7 years ago
SuperPerfundo
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 7 years ago
s0m31john
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by dragonfire1414 7 years ago
dragonfire1414
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied
Vote Placed by dvhoose 7 years ago
dvhoose
AnimeFanTonypfdebaterTied