bookwormbill111
Bjork-Taco

Resolved:The Legend of Zelda francise(music, book, games) is one of the best ever

bookwormbill111

Pro

In the beginning, the was nothing. Then...there was The Legend of Zelda. This is one of the best series ever to come to Earth.
Bjork-Taco

Con

My oponent will try and tell you that The Legend of Zelda is the best series ever, i will strongly disagree. First I would like to point out that the series is called The Legend of Zelda, but in all the games it follows the trials of a young elf named link. What is my point? That the entire series is misleading and misguiding and overall stupid, why would you make a game called the legend of zelda if your going to follow a character named link, shouldnt the series be called the the legend of link? its nothing more than absolute idiocity.
My question to my opponent is how is it the best series ever?
He might say that either it is the most recognized series or characters, or he might say that it the most awesome series and/or characters.
To those arguments I will say that Mario is the most series and characters, and that Master Chief (Halo Series) and Marcus Fenix (Gears of War Series) are way cooler than link will ever be. Now let me defend that statment, Link has saved the land of hyrule while Master Cheif has saved the entire universe from the invading flood. That is why The Chief is way more awesome than Link. So yeah take that.
bookwormbill111

Pro

First off, my opponent said: 'the trials of a young elf named link.' Link is not an elf. In some of the games, he is either human or hylian. Hylian is a race deemed 'better' or 'higher' than the human race. Legend has it, the gods created the hylians, and the hylians in turn created humans.

Second, my opponent said: 'why would you make a game called the legend of Zelda if your going to follow a character named link.' My opponent fails to realize that -while the protagonist is indeed named link- The Legend of Zelda follows the exploits of Princess Zelda and her attempts to 'save the day'. She does this by 'hiring' link to go fetch items, defeat enemies, and defeat Ganandorf.

Third, my opponent said: 'To those arguments I will say that Mario is the most series and characters, and that Master Chief (Halo Series) and Marcus Fenix (Gears of War Series) are way cooler than link will ever be.' My opponent fails to realize that these arguments do not fall under the resolution. We are talking about The Legend of Zelda, not Halo, or Gears of War, although I do not find fault in those games. I do have a problem with my opponent attempting to change the resolution.

I await my opponent's rebuttal.
Bjork-Taco

Con

first, Thank you for clearing up that link is not an elf, it was an honest mistake. (the ears threw me off)

second, the lengend of zelda does not "follows the exploits of Princess Zelda" it follows a character named link, in every video game of the series you gain control and follow the character link. which goes back to the original arguement that it is misleading and misguiding and therefore cannot be graced with the title of "best series ever"

third, my opponent misses the whole point of that arguement, How is it the "best series ever"? Is it the most recognized? Indeed it isn't, that title would go to marrio and his series. Does it have the best characters?(judging by the deeds and performances throughout the series) no alot of characters can be attributed with that title more than link in zelda can. i brought up Master Chief because he not only saved his homeworld(which link did as well) but he also saved the entire universe and millions of other homeworlds for other beings as well(even link, granted they would be considered in the same universe, but with video games you never really know). so to my opponent i ask how is it the best series ever? and i said those things not knowing why you claim the series to be the best ever, i was just assuming the most logical reasons why you would claim that and aguing against that since you gave me no reason of why you claim that.

4th, and as for the rest of the resolution as in music and books(the only form of books i could find were comic books) i would also have to strongly disagree because 1. being the only for of book being a comic book the marvel and DC comics are more successful series 2. and music as far as my recolection goes zelda music has never been on a billboard top 100 chart or is considered a classical(such as beethoven or bach) so cannot be considered the best series in music.
bookwormbill111

Pro

First off, I'd like to bring up that my opponent cannot even use proper grammar and spelling. Please consider that when voting.

Now to my arguments:

1) I admit it would be a simple mistake to mistakenly identify Link as an elf, instead of a Hylian. Saying that, I would appreciate my opponent reading up and studying the topic of discussion, instead of just blindly debating the resolution.

2) My opponent said: "the Legend of Zelda does not "follows the exploits of Princess Zelda" it follows a character named link." My opponent fails to realize that without Princess Zelda, the series would be diminished. Of course, there would still be Ganandorf, Link and others, but the series wouldn't be the same. The series is - in essence - Ganandorf trying (and failing) to seize control of Hyrule by kidnapping Princess Zelda. Similar to Mario Bros., the protagonist has to rescue the princess and save the kingdom. Yes you 'take control' of Link, but he is not the only character. The resolution does not specific state Link. It states: The Legend of Zelda Series. That's ALL of the series, not one specific character.

3) my opponent fails to realize what the word 'series' means. It does not mean merely the books or the music or the games individually. A series is ALL of these combined to form a group of similar ideas and mediums, in which the targeted audience might enjoy. In all The Legend of Zelda games, Link - with the help of Princess Zelda, amongst other allies - defeats Ganandorf every time. Unless of course you are unable to complete the game due to loss of hearts, lives, etc. The point is, Link's 'team' wins. The reward: The peace and safety of the entire known world (Hyrule). Master Chief does defeat the Covenant and successfully saves the universe. The universe: His known world. He saves all that he knows. Link saves all he knows. They both are equal on that aspect. However, again I bring up the fact, that we are talking about The Legend of Zelda, not Halo. My opponent mentioned Mario, however he fails to realize that Mario is no better than Link. They both are the protagonists, they both save the day, etc. My opponent cannot say that Mario is a better series or character.

http://www.merriam-webster.com... - Definition of 'series'

"so to my opponent I ask how is it the best series ever?"
My opponent wishes to know why? I'll tell you why. Imagine facing a horrid beast, and obliterating it using your tools, and your own talents. Imagine facing an army, and coming out victorious. Imagine the feeling of victory. The Legend of Zelda franchise/series, has given many people those feelings. It is the best.

4) I would like to first off ask my opponent where he found Legend of Zelda comic books. Second, there has never been any video-game music in the top 100 chart, and it is too recent to be considered a classical. But it is a classic. The top 100 chart is for bands, and soloists. Video-game music needs not associate them self with music that is nothing like it. It was not written 100s of years ago, so it couldn't be considered a classical. But neither would today's top 100 chart musicians either. You are comparing two different and obvious unsimiliar items of music.

I have proved that The Legend of Zelda series is one of the best ever. Not THE best. The resolution states: 'one of the best.' I have defended my arguments, and my opponent has failed to fully attack my position.

Vote Pro

Thank You
Bjork-Taco

Con

Bjork-Taco forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Bjork-Taco 7 years ago
Bjork-Taco
bookwormbill111Bjork-TacoTied
Vote Placed by bookwormbill111 8 years ago
bookwormbill111
bookwormbill111Bjork-TacoTied