Yavneh
debate_power

Resolved: The Statement, "The world is younger than 5,800 years," cannot be disproven.

Yavneh

Pro

I enjoyed Mike's debate with Jimmy BoJangles, so I decided to join in. Notice the exact formulation of the debate topic.

Con can choose either to argue in the first round and not argue in the fourth, or to use the first round as an acceptance round and argue in the final round.

Good Luck! I'm hoping for an interesting debate. Also, for all the atheists out there, please read the whole debate instead of voting solely on your belief.
Yavneh

Pro

Yavneh forfeited this round.
debate_power

Con

debate_power forfeited this round.
Yavneh

Pro

Yavneh forfeited this round.
debate_power

Con

debate_power forfeited this round.
Yavneh

Pro

Yavneh forfeited this round.
debate_power

Con

Well, all I have to do is give an argument. Sorry for the previous forfeits.

The question is one of a scientific nature.

Based on current scientific findings discovered through the use of radiometric dating, Planet Earth is at least 4.4 billion years old. That estimate was formulated on the discovery of the age of the oldest known rocks on Earth. There is currently no scientific evidence in favor of the Earth's being 5,800 years old, and as there is no evidence to support the notion that Earth is 5,800 years old, and there is evidence to the contrary, the statement is easily refuted, for now.

I was the only one to present an argument, so please take that into account, voters.

I thank my opponent for this debate.