afflictedsolace
Hunton711

Resolved: The US ought to go to war with North Korea.

afflictedsolace

afflictedsolace

Con

I thank Mr. Hunton for accepting this debate.

The affirmative must prove that the US has just cause to go to war with North Korea.

I believe the US should not go to war with N. Korea because:

1. N. Korea is not a threat being that they are isolated from virtually the entire international community. So they have no legitamate allies to protect them if they did want to start a war.

2. N. Korea has not given any reason that I know of for the US to need to go to war with them.

3. Anything accomplished by going to war with N. Korea would not be worth the thousands of lives lost and families destroyed as a result.
Hunton711

Pro

Thank you Mr. Nasworthy for this opportunity to debate with you!
First off, North Korea does not have any guaranteed allies but it is thought to believe that Russia & China would back them up if anything was to ever happen.
Also, I can almost promise you that they would force S. Korea to back them up too.
So, N. Korea possess an emanate threat to the U.S.
They also have been threatening us for many years and are waiting for the right time to hit us.
They have missiles, that's granted, and they are letting us know by dropping them off in the ocean.
NYC, Chicago, Boston, St. Louis, Los Angeles and Philadelphia are easy targets.
And trust me, they are crazy enough to do it.
Oh, btw... The U.N. Security Council passed a resolution encouraging inspections of North Korean ships suspected of transporting weapons and prohibiting the refueling or re supplying of the ships.
Now that that's cleared up.
You say, "Anything accomplished by going to war with N. Korea would not be worth the thousands of lives lost and families destroyed as a result." Well, this MAY be true, but, if they drop missiles on us, there will be more lost lives than WWII its self.
Kim Jong-il is a pshychoand it would NOT surprise me if he started dropping bombs off on N. America!
I look forward to your response.
afflictedsolace

Con

afflictedsolace forfeited this round.
Hunton711

Pro

he forfeited, so I win.
Or is it just for this round?
Well, I can't say much!
Nothing to debate against yet!
afflictedsolace

Con

afflictedsolace forfeited this round.
Hunton711

Pro

I guess I win. LOL.
Posted by Hunton711 8 years ago
Hunton711
nags has a point
Posted by Hunton711 8 years ago
Hunton711
great group of debaters you guys are!!
im trying my hardest and im noo more copy paste,
i urge your PRO vote
Posted by Hunton711 8 years ago
Hunton711
thnak you all for observing my debate...
i did not say that russia and china were there allies, i said we may have intel that leads us to believe so.
Posted by Common_Sense_Please 8 years ago
Common_Sense_Please
This is ridiculous. So any country that doesn't get on with the US and has missiles should be invaded because they might just use them on you? Ha. What about France? They have missiles and god knows they don't like America. Going to go to war with them too? And believe me, the US would certainly think twice about starting a war with Russia and China...
Posted by feverish 8 years ago
feverish
lol
I wish the US government was as honest in their motives as Nags is.

Hunton: "it would NOT surprise me if he started dropping bombs off on N. America!"
I think it might cause you to raise an eyebrow at least.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 8 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Nags, the things you say never cease to get a laugh out of me. You could be a pitchman, seriously; because you can take the worst sounding thing, and sell it like it's gold. :D
Posted by Xer 8 years ago
Xer
"Alright; I was going to say, if one nuclear bomb killed over 90 million people, we might as well bother shooting ourselves. :)"

Nonsense. If 90 million people in the Middle East died, then a lot of foreign problems (ie. Iraq, Iran, terrorists) would be immediately solved and then the US could just swoop in and take the oil.

BAM. Look at all the benefits.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 8 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Ah haha. Alright; I was going to say, if one nuclear bomb killed over 90 million people, we might as well bother shooting ourselves. :)
Posted by Hunton711 8 years ago
Hunton711
Yes and may be it was an exxageration but it's somehwat correct.
Thnaks for bein observant. Lol.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 8 years ago
Cody_Franklin
"Well, this MAY be true, but, if they drop missiles on us, there will be more lost lives than WWII its self."

... You do know the official approximate death toll for WWII, right?
Vote Placed by Kantus 8 years ago
Kantus
afflictedsolaceHunton711Tied