imabench
Regaladia

Resolved: The US should tell Russia that Ukraine is gay so that the Russians leave

imabench

imabench

Pro

Dont act like thats not a brilliant idea......

Ill be defending this resolution as a solution to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Con will be against this resolution and will argue against it.

First round is acceptance only
Regaladia

Con

I, Regaladia, accept the challenge proposed by imabench. First off, thank you challenger for making this debate. My objective is to persuade the audience to believe this: "The opponent's proposed resolution is ineffective." Good luck, imabench. My audience, may the debate intrigue you all.
imabench

Pro

Reasons why this proposal is a good idea

1) Minimal backlash

The US has an extensive history of doing things that later turned into a complete quagmire for them that annoyed every nation in the world and exploded the national debt. However, saying that Ukraine is gay doesn't have NEARLY the same scale of potential consequences if it doesn't work. The only thing that could happen is the US being found out to be a liar, which the US was already known for.... (NSA doesn't spy on allies, Iraq had WMD's)

2) Russia is hugely afraid of gays

As you could tell from the Sochi Olympics, Russia and Putin hate gays with a passion. If we could convince them that Ukraine is gay, it would play to one of the worst fears that Russia has, that they themselves are gay!

We all know that Russia invaded Ukraine through their back door (which sounds gay in itself already). If Russia though invaded a GAY country through their back door, then that makes Russia not just gay, but super-duper-mega-gay. Like gayer than Prince and Freddie Mercury having butt-sex on a unicorn flying over a rainbow level gay.

3) There isn't much else to beat the Russians

If two invasions from Germany and a 50 year nuclear standoff didnt bring Russia to its knees, then there aren't many other things that will. A deep fear of gays though could be that surprise weakness that shakes Russia to their core, because fearless countries could turn out to have surprising fears of minor things.

Just take women: women can pour hit wax all over their leg, put tape over that wax, and then rip off that tape to rip out their leg hair at the root, and not be scared at all...... But put a ladybug the size of a dime on the wall and they are completely helpless + paralyzed with fear. Russia could be the same way, since they are acting as crazy as a typical woman these days anyways :P

4) What else can the US really do?

Apart from the Russians not having any other weaknesses, the US doesn't exactly have any other options. Invading countries historically doesn't work, negotiation isn't its strong suit, the NSA can only do so much, and Obama is probably too pissed off at Congress for their continued idiocy to care about what's going down in Ukraine.

Trying to sell the idea that Ukraine is gay though is cheap, not risky at all, and is clearly the most effective option the US can pursue in this situation....
Regaladia

Con

Introduction
I would like to thank my opponent for their response.
The U.S. attempting to use a fear tactic on President Putin will not work. Pres. Putin is not a man that will show any cowardice traits, especially to gays. If anything, he is not homophobic but rather a perfectionist. If Ukraine was considered a gay nation, he would feel even more justified to “cleanse” the nation. President Putin also wouldn’t back down, because Crimea is ethnically close to Russia. Pres. Putin claims to answer the “calls of help,” since many there want to be part of Russia again.

Section 1: Homophobia is a false claim
Russia is definitely a nation that is conservative; however, they’re not a nation to have much fear. My opponent mistakenly considered disapproval with fear. Russia is a strong nation and can definitely overwhelm the Ukrainian army, Russia has no fear. There is no reason for them to leave now because of some form of “fear.”

Section 2: Real Life Attempted Solution: Economic Sanctions
President Obama (U.S.A.) tries to prevent Russia from interrupting Ukraine’s civil affairs. President Obama threatened to put economic sanctions on Russia, so trades and banks will be frozen. President Putin argues that the sanctions “cut both ways.” He explains how Russia was a big contributor in the European economic market, and that sanctions will affect all of Europe. President Obama has failed to address the situation appropriately. The only “safest” move he did so far was to send aircrafts to northern European allies to guard the border between UN nations and Russia. This is “not” solving the problem, but it does “prevent” similar problems in the future. America is just backing an angry dog into a corner, which will just make the dog more vicious & irritated. Diplomatic means has ultimately failed to resolve such an issue.

Section 3: Theoretical Solution to Russian-Ukrainian Conflict:
My proposed solution will be considered highly “dangerous,” but most “effective” if achieved. The “DECLARATION OF WAR” must be initiated. They’ve been a threat since the cold war, why does the US even try to work with them? America needs to show its strength and crumble its opposing superpower. In this world, there should be only “one” superpower to rule them all. This situation in Ukraine also occurred in Georgia. Who’s to say that Russia will not pull this stunt again? The time has come to neutralize a threat that grows day by day. We must prepare our “nukes,” win the “intelligence” war, and ultimately rid this world of communist influences. Though “deadly risky,” it provides a high quality solution. It will outweigh the bloodshed, because it secures a safer future for generations to come.

Conclusion:
I have stated that homophobia is a false claim, & current attempts to solve this problem have been weak. In addition, I laid a claim to an alternative solution. The Russians cannot be beaten by fear, rather they can fall my immense pressure through other “means.” The only way to fight fire…is by adding gasoline…for the person who started the fire likely hasn’t escaped yet…so let us watch them burn! I rest my case.
I would like to thank my audience for their interest in this topic. I would be looking forward to my opponent’s final argument. Good luck to the U.S. of A.!

Cited Sources:
http://www.nsa.gov... ~National Security Agency (Official)
http://edition.cnn.com...
http://news.yahoo.com...-- ~Georgian-Russian 5-day war
http://beforeitsnews.com... ~War could be inevitable; here is a theoretical idea of WW3
http://www.kansascity.com... ~The Pentagon is preparing for conflict if Pres. Putin crosses the line too far.
http://www.stop-homophobia.com... ~Russia is being portrayed as fearful, but the events speak otherwise. Also lays a claim to Vladimir Putin = Adolf Hitler!
imabench

Pro

1) Russia is 'fearless'

"Russia is definitely a nation that is conservative; however, they’re not a nation to have much fear"

Uh, they have PLENTY of fear.... Heres a list of all the stuff they fear:

1 - running out of vodka
2 - running out of vodka
3 - running out of vodka
4 - gays
5 - gay people taking all the vodka
6 - Germany invading
7 - Having winters that arent harsh to drive out invaders
8 - Revolutions in Ukraine
9 - The Russian Men's hockey team losing early on in the Winter Olympics
10 - People leaving their shoes in other people's homes (im not even making this one up actually: http://www.dummies.com... )
11 - Burping in public (again, not making this one up, see link ^)

Russians fear lots of things, one of which is gays.

" My opponent mistakenly considered disapproval with fear."

Those two are very heavily associated. I disapprove and fear cockroaches, polygamy, and idiots having the right to vote. Fear and disapproval almost always go hand in hand to the point that there really isnt a difference between the two.

2) Economic sanctions

"America is just backing an angry dog into a corner, which will just make the dog more vicious & irritated. Diplomatic means has ultimately failed to resolve such an issue."

So even you agree that economic sanctions are a worse idea then the idea of telling Russia that Ukraine is gay. Got it.

3) Other possible solutions

"My proposed solution will be considered highly “dangerous,” but most “effective” if achieved. The “DECLARATION OF WAR” must be initiated. "

Slow down there Cheney, If we managed to screw up very winnable wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, then something tells me that declaring war on RUSSIA isnt going to end very well either.....

"They’ve been a threat since the cold war, why does the US even try to work with them?"

Nukes, huge country, weird language, all the same reasons we dont mess with China.

"This situation in Ukraine also occurred in Georgia"

lol the Russians didnt invade Georgia..... If the Russians invaded the state north of Florida, I think we'd all know about it dont you think?

"We must prepare our “nukes,” win the “intelligence” war, and ultimately rid this world of communist influences. "

They're not communist anymore though.... Theyre homophobic, and ironically a tad homosexual at the same time, but not communist.

"it secures a safer future for generations to come."

I know we all agree that a post-nuclear-apocalyptic-landscape is something that the next generation probably deserves for acting like a bunch of spoiled brats all the time, but I wouldnt consider that to be 'safer'. Trying to tea-bag an armed mouse trap sounds safer then what YOURE proposing

"The only way to fight fire…is by adding gasoline…"

Redneck Nasa logic 101 right there

========================================================================================

Telling Russia that Ukraine is gay is a very low-risk, potentially effective move for the US to make to get Russia out of Ukraine compared to all the other options. Its a tactic that does NOT involve nuclear winter or putting ones nuts into an armed mouse trap, and the worst thing that could happen is that Russia might get a tad mad at us for insinuating that they made themselves seem gay for invading a gay country through their backdoor.....

I thank con for a wonderful debate :D
Regaladia

Con

Regaladia forfeited this round.
Posted by phiLockeraptor 2 years ago
phiLockeraptor
I made a petition for this topic:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov...

Remember, if the signatures are high enough, the White House must respond.
Posted by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
Resolved: the jackass on the con side takes this debate way too seriously.

I'll be pro.
Posted by LuckyStars 2 years ago
LuckyStars
Does she think this is serious?
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
This is a brilliant idea. I can't even lie.
Posted by beetle1944 2 years ago
beetle1944
WTF?
The russians will invade anyway to purge the gayness from the Ukrainian country!

Don't worry im just weird %(#
Posted by Pitbull15 2 years ago
Pitbull15
Lol classic Imabench debate
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
imabenchRegaladiaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bench wins conduct via forfeit, con wins sources(sources were strong and listed).
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
imabenchRegaladiaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit. I kind of think Con somehow didn't realize this was a troll debate. And for the record, the fear of running out of vodka is a totally legit fear, Pro.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
imabenchRegaladiaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Pro as Con forfeited the last round.