Resolved: The United States Federal Government should colonize Mars.

I am unable to find a debate that suits my fancy and so I have made this. It is impossible to accept so just put in the comments a suggestion and I will respond asap. No matter the topic, though, the structure will stay the same:
1. Acceptance.
2. Main body.
3. Rebuttal and Conclusion.
Alright, I have chosen! I will be pro for the colonization of Mars.

Challenge accepted. I look foward to a great debate.

BOP is on Pro.

I am going to apologize here. I am going to New Mexico and will be unable to debate. I still wish to debate and so I ask to start this debate in about 14 days. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and if you do not wish to then I fully understand. As for the voting, I ask that you wait if we are going to debate at a later date but if not then I ask that you give this to Con. This situation is my fault and so I take responsibility for it but I leave this up to Con. Thank you for understanding and I hope to see you again in 14 days:)

We shall debate again latter, but many times I accept those they never happen. So in order to get the satisfaction of the debate I shall argue.

Contention 1: Earth is Overpopulated

One of the main arguments for colonization of another planet is that Earth is overpopulated, but here's a fun fact of the day! If the entire world population had the same amount of living space as New York City then they would fit into Texas! ( See this means that we aren't overpopulated it just shows that us as humans are just really just spread out. In an article by Time we can see that the world's population is actually decreasing not increasing. ( Doesn't look like you believe me. Many nations that have high female financial independence look at Europe. Their childbirth rates are actually lower than the death rates! The US has actually reached it's lowest all time as the US birth rates are falling. US birth rates are down 8%, foreign births are down 14%, and Mexican birth rates are down by more than 23%! ( So it looks like the Earth is not overpopulated.

Contention 2: US colonization of Mars is forbidden!

In 1967, the UN, including the US, signed the Outer Space Treaty. This treaty forbids another nation claiming a celestial body for sovernty. What is a celestial body you may ask. ( It is actually a planet, star, planetoids, asteroid, and planet ( The current resolution is that the US should colonize Mars. Which means Mars will be claimed by the US violating this treaty signed by the US, USSR (now includes all of the states of the former nation), and the UK, so the US cannot, by law, colonize Mars.

Contention 3: Mars would cause nothing but problems.

There is many things that Mars would cause to us here are some important things: loss of conscienceness due to little amounts of Oxygen, Extreme weather changes, because Mars is far from the sun and has little atmosphere, tissue expansion due to low pressure, but you think a space suit can help you? You're wrong because the space suit you are wearing would be ripped to shreds by micrometeorites moving at fast speeds. So even if you make it you can freeze or burn to death, implode, or die from suffocation. (

Contention 4: Getting there.

It seems like the most viable option would be the Orion shuttle which is powered by nuclear pulpulsion according to NASA. ( The bad thing about using this ship is that it is also illegal, this is also according to the outer space treaty. Which many nations have ratified and/or signed here is proof. (

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.

All points Extended.

Thank you and please vote for Con.
Posted by Carpe_Diem 2 years ago
"The United States Federal Government should colonize Mars." Thats a cool way to tell them to f off
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
I listed the sides I wanted. Lostintheecho.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
"The Hobbesian View of the State of Nature is more preferable to Rosseau's"
Life can be brutish, short, and nasty.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 2 years ago
just do research weve caught a few...
Posted by frozen_eclipse 2 years ago
actually im 100% percant what they look like...the commonly seen are called the greys...these are bioengineered "robots" i guess you could call them, by some other aliens whom we call lizzies( since they have crocodile like skin. as far as little green men, the greys are given different colored skins but usually is grey. Not to say their arnt other aliens out there but the ones who use us are usually the lizzies and someone from the orion group who tend to kidnap and never return us...etc
Posted by Kc1999 2 years ago
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
I am personally very certain of the existence of Aliens but not as little green men. We do not know what aliens may look like but I am sure they are out there somewhere.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 2 years ago
I have rediculous things to debate for instance he definate existence of aliens
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
Sounds good to me :) Got a topic?
Posted by Wocambs 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure you and I would disagree on nearly everything ;)
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Quickly skimmed. FF by Pro/Concession