Resolved: The largest cause of violence in America is Cadbury Creme Egg deprivation during childhood

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 6/3/2014 Category: Funny

I thank Aburk for agreeing to debate this with me. I have chosen him because he, so far, is the challenger with the highest number of debates won and the lowest number of debates lost. I do enjoy a good challenge.

Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, this is a debate that is close to my heart. Cadbury Creme Eggs are the most beautiful little pieces of heaven that exist on earth. Or at least I think so.

Format (me/my opponent):

1st round- Rules/acceptance
2nd round- Main arguments/arguments and rebuttals
3rd round- Rebuttals for both
4th round- Summary arguments for both

My sincere thanks to Jonbonbon for this most interesting debate. Although this topic may seem to be irrelevant and humorous upon first glance, it brings up a very serious question that has caused much controversy, especially in recent years due to the increase in seemingly random and misguided violent crimes at the individual and not the national level: what is the cause of all this violence? I look forward to a serious and informative debate.

Welcome everyone. I'd like to present a well informed opinion about this serious topic we have laid out on the table.

I'm going to be supporting a syllogism in this debate that will help me uphold the resolution.

P1) Child maltreatment causes violence
P2) Cadburry Creme Egg deprivation is a form of child maltreatment
C) Cadburry Creme Egg deprivation during childhood causes violence.

Supporting P1

I hereby provide a quote from a digest about a book or something:

"The authors provide evidence that the apparent negative effects of maltreatment on children's propensity to engage in crime are real and not simply artifacts of other features of dysfunctional families. They find that being maltreated approximately doubles the probability of engaging in many types of crime and that the effects are worst for children from low socio-economic status backgrounds" [1].

This is really all I need in order to prove that my premise 1 is true.

Supporting P2

Here is a heretic's review on Cadburry Creme Eggs. He is a heretic because he is not absolutely in love with these little heaven-filled eggs. Even still, I have provided what he has to say about them

As you can see, Cadbury Creme Eggs are the best candy a child can have. I would also like to point out that child neglect is a form of child maltreatment [1]. Now, if a parent neglects to give their kid rich, beautiful chocolate filled with actual heaven, then they're committing child maltreatment.

This is a year wide problem for some kids. Easter comes, and what happens? No creme eggs. It's clearly a widespread problem.

Conclusion: I'm right.

Now taking a look at the whole word "largest" that I now have to support, we just need to realize how widespread this problem is. Most people suffer from this. Since it's kind of a seasonal candy, a majority of America suffers from Cadbury Creme Egg deprivation during childhood because they only ate like ten per year. Can you imagine only breathing ten times a year? Yeah, didn't think so.

What if parents forced their kids to only breath about ten times per year? Wouldn't that be child abuse? Yes, it sure would. So why are Cadbury Creme Eggs any different? They're not.

I thank everyone for reading this, and I look forward to an exciting debate!

[2] The video
[3] I'm the prophet of Morgan Freeman.

Thank you for the interesting case. I underwent surgery on Friday evening and the medication they have given me is much stronger than I predicted. Nevertheless, I will attempt to construct a few intelligent points and ask that my opponent delay rebuttal until the end of the third day available.

1. Scale- America vs. The World
I can easily concede my opponents first premise, that child maltreatment causes violence. However, I do offer one question that I ask my opponent to clarify in the next round: why are Cadbury Creme Eggs so closely correlated to violence in America and not in the rest of the world?

2. Child Maltreatment- Hedonistic Child Worship or Health?
If Cadbury Creme Eggs benefited a child's life in some necessary way, it would be fair to argue that to deny them that privilege would be child maltreatment. However, as Cadbury Creme Eggs are unhealthy and do not benefit a child's diet, it is arguable that providing your child with unhealthy candies is more of a form of maltreatment than to never give them any at all.

3. Impact and Statistics- Are Cadbury Creme Eggs Really Causal to Violence?
My opponent has finally and most importantly not provided any compelling statistical or logical evidence that Cadbury Creme Egg deprivation is in fact the leading cause of violence in the US. I ask that my opponent clarify some of these questions in the proceeding round, and that these Roxicets be allowed the proper time to wear off.

Thank you for responding despite your present state. I hope you feel better soon. I'm now going to clear up a few points in this debate.

Now, it has not been disputed that Cadbury Creme Eggs. As I've provided with evidence, Cadbury Creme Eggs certainly do bring joy to people and especially children. Why is this significant? Well, allow me to answer that. Happiness during childhood is necessary for the child to have a healthy future [1]. This can include things like preventing them from contracting heart disease at an early age.

Therefore, it is very healthy to give children Cadbury Creme Eggs, and it is maltreatment to withhold them for an entire year.

Thus, my second point is upheld.

Regarding the question about why I specified America.

America is just what I'm sticking to for the topic of debate. I could have said Great Britain. I heard people go canabilistic over Cadbury Creme Egg deprivation over there. However, I chose America just to specify the location we'd be talking about, since I don't know how popular Cadbury Creme Eggs are in the rest of the world.

On Impact

There is the reason that it is the largest cause. It is this: everyone goes through this form of maltreatment. It's a seasonal candy. So everyone suffers from this form of deprivation.

So now I've proven that it's maltreatment not to give children Cadbury Creme Eggs year-round, and that everyone suffers it. I have upheld my burden.

[2] Just me besides that.

aburk903 forfeited this round.

Well this is unfortunate. I hope my opponent is alright. Extend my arguments I suppose. Thank you for reading.

And, of course, my opponent may still present an argument in the last round as a post of summary as agreed upon in the first round.

Truly unfortunate lack of availability recently. Please, vote for my opponent (lest we anger Morgan Freeman).
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
Woop woop!
500th view
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
Firstly, I would like to say that Con forfeited and then conceded; therefore, I will take this into consideration by giving conduct points to Pro . I understand the situation that con was in, so I will be lenient. p.s. I don't like this voting system...
In terms of arguments, both sides presented interesting arguments - especially con who raised some very interesting questions etc. It is a shame that Con didn't take the opportunity of rebutting more of Pro's argument, but oddly, neither did Pro in the third round... Pro wins the argument side- also for providing better/ viable sources.
I found no "bad" spelling or grammatical errors , apart from Pro saying "cadburry" a couple of times.
Good show chaps!
Posted by Envisage 2 years ago
Pros case looks water tight. Con should gracefully concede..
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Shame on you Wylted. Using anecdotal evidence like that holds any water. Go to your room.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
I are Cadbury eggs as a kid and I've only killed 1 guy.
Posted by 27376 2 years ago
I would like to accept your debate. I hate cadburry cr"me eggs. Recees peanut butter cups are were its at.
Posted by aburk903 2 years ago
I would be more than happy to debate this topic. I take it that there will be no semantic games or forfeitures. I hopefully await your challenge.
Posted by jdean1 2 years ago
I would like to argue that is depravity from Twix.
Posted by numberwang 2 years ago
This is hilarious.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
You're a loony!
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: con conceded and barely refuted Jon's arguments
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con asked me to vote for Pro and so I will. I must say I found Pros arguments more convincing as Con focused on the rest of the world which was outside the proposition of the debate. However, I think Con had something up his sleeve and I am sad for the forfeit. Con hope you are feeling better after the operation.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con graciously conceded after forfeiting the previous round.
Vote Placed by jdean1 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: I don't wanna anger Morgan Freeman, too bad aburk903 had to get sick. I was looking forward to a full debate.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Morgan Freeman be praised! Sad, really, looked like it would be interesting. Hope you're alright, aburk!
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: I will do my RFD later..