Jonbonbon
ryanbriggs04

Resolved: The largest cause of violence in America is Cadbury Creme Egg deprivation during childhood

Jonbonbon
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 11/7/2015 Category: Funny

Jonbonbon

Pro

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a debate that is close to my heart. Cadbury Creme Eggs are the most beautiful little pieces of heaven that exist on earth. Or at least I think so.

Format (me/my opponent):

1st round- Rules/acceptance
2nd round- Main arguments/arguments and rebuttals
3rd round- Rebuttals for both
4th round- Summary arguments for both
ryanbriggs04

Con

Let's do this!
Jonbonbon

Pro

Welcome everyone. I'd like to present a well informed opinion about this serious topic we have laid out on the table.

I'm going to be supporting a syllogism in this debate that will help me uphold the resolution.

P1) Child maltreatment causes violence
P2) Cadburry Creme Egg deprivation is a form of child maltreatment
C) Cadburry Creme Egg deprivation during childhood causes violence.

Supporting P1

I hereby provide a quote from a digest about a book or something:

"The authors provide evidence that the apparent negative effects of maltreatment on children's propensity to engage in crime are real and not simply artifacts of other features of dysfunctional families. They find that being maltreated approximately doubles the probability of engaging in many types of crime and that the effects are worst for children from low socio-economic status backgrounds" [1].

This is really all I need in order to prove that my premise 1 is true.

I mean look at that. It's true.

That evidence should feel proud of itself.

<a href=http://i.imgur.com...; />
Supporting P2

Here is a heretic's review on Cadburry Creme Eggs in the form of a video [2]. He is a heretic because he is not absolutely in love with these little heaven-filled eggs. Even still, I have provided what he has to say about them.

As you can see, Cadbury Creme Eggs are the best candy a child can have. I would also like to point out that child neglect is a form of child maltreatment [1]. Now, if a parent neglects to give their kid rich, beautiful chocolate filled with actual heaven, then they're committing child maltreatment.

This is a year wide problem for some kids. Easter comes, and what happens? No creme eggs. It's clearly a widespread problem.

Conclusion: I'm right.

Now taking a look at the whole word "largest" that I now have to support, we just need to realize how widespread this problem is. Most people suffer from this. Since it's kind of a seasonal candy, a solid majority of America suffers from Cadbury Creme Egg deprivation during childhood because they only ate like ten per year. Can you imagine only breathing ten times a year? Yeah, didn't think so.

What if parents forced their kids to only breath about ten times per year? Wouldn't that be child abuse? Yes, it sure would. So why are Cadbury Creme Eggs any different? They're not.

I thank everyone for reading this, and I look forward to an exciting debate!

[3]

[1] http://www.nber.org......
[2] The video
[3] I'm the prophet of Morgan Freeman.
ryanbriggs04

Con

ryanbriggs04 forfeited this round.
Jonbonbon

Pro

Please carry my analysis
ryanbriggs04

Con

ryanbriggs04 forfeited this round.
Jonbonbon

Pro

Please extend my argument.
ryanbriggs04

Con

ryanbriggs04 forfeited this round.
Posted by David_Debates 3 months ago
David_Debates
This man knows the deception of the Cadbury organization. Truth be told, it is chemicals. PX-41, that is.
Posted by Drenchedpuppet 11 months ago
Drenchedpuppet
Cadbury eggs are nasty and I give mine away on easter, they taste like chemicals, not chocolate.
Vote Placed by gametimer 11 months ago
gametimer
Jonbonbonryanbriggs04
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Because Con did not extend his argument.