lannan13
Aerogant

Resolved: The sky over planet Earth is blue.

lannan13

lannan13

Con

THIS IS NOT A TROLL DEBATE.
I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you wish to accept please say so in the comments section. I will then challenge you to a debate. This debate is about weather or not the sky itself is blue. This does not include clouds, pollution, or a rainy day.

Rules
No trolling
First round is accpetance
Round 2 is Contentions, no rebuttles
Round 3 is rebuttles and conclusion
No semantics.

Sky-he space over the Earth where the sun, moon, stars, and clouds appear (http://www.learnersdictionary.com...)

Is-present 3d singular of be (http://www.merriam-webster.com...)

Blue- color on the visable color spectrum that has a wavelength of 475 nanometers.
Aerogant

Pro

The sky is not blue, it's the same color as space - the water is causing the reflection of blue. Just like the moon does not shine - it shines because of the sunlight refraction.
lannan13

Con

I did not challenge Pro to this debate. He must Forfeit all of his points and he argued when I said first round is for acceptance. He also argued my side of the debate. Pro is to argue that the sky is blue, but he argued that it is not.
Aerogant

Pro

Nope, sorry, I'm too smart for your "First Round: Acceptance" - I accepted, there's no need for a round to extend that redundancy. I'm sorry that you can't argue off the top of your head and have to copy and paste everything that suits your petty ideals.

I'm not arguing for or against - I am arguing in between like a clever man that I am. Get on my level.
lannan13

Con

I refuse to argue here as my opponent is only trolling my debate, arguing for me, and STALIN hacked my debate. He admitts it here. (http://www.debate.org...)

Thank you please vote Con.
Aerogant

Pro

It's blue, then it's not blue. It depends on which particular perception you choose. There are two: 1) You see the sky as blue, because that the color it is now and has always been, after the reflection or 2) It's not blue, because the color is not really the sky's color, but the ocean's.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
My brain is pulsating to you idea, which means it's wrong, albeit I liked that you're trying to think. However, this Universe contains contrasts, and gas/air are specifically not water, even though water can transform into one and the other interchangeably, it still behaves differently which means that it's meant to contrast, rather than correlate.

My best hypothesis, would be: The core of this planet existed before land, underneath the water, along with the sun (basically two sources of extreme furnace-energy), which shot light through all the water thus saying water was at first light blue. Then when land was formed, the iron absorbed the sunlight, which caused the deeper depths of the ocean to be cast into darkness, while the surface of water captured the sunlight.

This would explain everything and make sense of why there's a break between light blue and dark blue according to the electromagnetic waves' patterns.
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
That is definitely an interesting take. But you could also flip the around and say there are four oceans.. the actual ocean (ocean of water) the earth. (Ocean of rock). The sky (ocean of gasses). And space. ( the ocean of everything). It's all about perspective.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
How about I blow your mind instead? Let me propose to you that the planet we live on is composed of two sky's, one is air - the other is water. The reason why I suspect this is so, is because of the color sequence break. The colors of the electromagnetic waves (you know, like the northern lights), is red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, dark blue and purple. When you compare it to the design of the planet, you get the core, the mid-core, the surface of the core (red, orange and yellow) (fire), then you get grass (oxygen), then you get light blue (the sky, or the surface of water), dark blue (the sky closer to space; the depth below the surface of water), and purple (the Universe). The only way for this to make sense, is that the planet first created the ocean, then after evolving in it, it then created the land and the sky. Which explains why the sky's dark blue is upwards, while the ocean's dark blue is downwards!
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
The sky is the sky. The motion pertains to the color of said sky. You bring up the failure to distinguish what time the motion pertains to. But for the sake of argument it would be during the day sin e it uses the color blue. Also the motion says the sky above planet earth. Space can even be interpreted as the sky and in the case there is not a color for it.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
There's a difference between a sky and a night sky. The sky is during the day; the night sky is during the night. Therefore you might want to go back and solidify your guns, as the bullets are mere rubber when compared to the tautological monkeys of this society. They will pick at anything, because they are tired from picking at their butts.
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
Yea it was I thought you were arguing for pro. My bad lol
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
This is my redo debate on this topic.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by gymnastseal 2 years ago
gymnastseal
Astal3 was the sass towards me? :D I stand by my statement because I never explicitly said the sky is always blue. But also your comment is a good argument because it is a simple but obvious truth. The sky is not always blue
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
Disregard the salt in that comment I misread the comment I apologize. Though I do stand by my guns on the logic though :P
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
You just proved that the sky itself is not blue and have in turn contradicted yourself. If the sky itself was blue then it would always be blue not matter what time of day. When it is stormy the sky appears gray when sunny and clear blue. Night is appears black. The term sky is relative and to say it is blue is false. The right statement is that it can appear blue.
Vote Placed by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
lannan13AerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: So pro lived up to their name as arrogant. Though I do feel the debate topic is unfair but pro wouldve butchered it anyways. Good job lannan
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
lannan13AerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't accept Pro to argue.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
lannan13AerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not understand what he was accepting. Despite first round "acceptance" Pro was to argue that the sky IS blue. He chose to argue it is NOT blue. This is a complete failure in the debate.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lannan13AerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro did nothing
Vote Placed by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
lannan13AerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provides no sources, violates rules and doesn't actually argue anything.
Vote Placed by mishapqueen 2 years ago
mishapqueen
lannan13AerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a bad attitude and was rude.