imabench
DoctorDeku

Resolved: 'Vagina Day' should be a national holiday

imabench

Pro

I am arguing that 'Vagina Day' a day that would celebrate women, honor all the accomplishments of famous women, and honor all women in society today of hanging in there despite all the crap they take from both men and nature, should become a national holiday where businesses and schools take the day off and everything

Con is against this resolution

- First round is acceptance only.
- 4000 characters
- No pictures of Vaginas are to be posted. Feel free to make as many Vagina jokes as you want though

Now can be accepted :D
DoctorDeku

Con

Heck to the yeah.

First of all, it's awesome to be able to debate Imabench. Reading his debate are never boring, so I know this will be fun. Second, I am legitimately opposed to celebrating one gender and leaving the others high and dry.

I look forward this!
imabench

Pro

Vagina Day. It just rolls off the tongue doesnt it?

I will start by saying that women deserve a day to recognize all of their hard work. They have to deal with periods, trying to find bras that fit well but dont chaffe their nipples, staying in shape, wearing heels, looking good in a bathing suit, usually are the ones who have to keep the house in order, spend an hour in the morning to look good, do the same work as men yet get paid less, etc etc.

One of the things that most women do that deserves recognition though, is that women are forced to put up with men.

Do you know how much of a pain in the a** it is for women to put up with guys in their life? At just about any age all women usually have one creepy guy obsessed with them, four hot guys she wants to date but no matter how hard she tries cant get them to take the hint, deal with either an overbearing father or not having one at all, and just being forced to live in a world that is run by the dumbest men you can find.

Women deserve a day to themselves because they have it hard, and it use to be a lot worse....

Remember back in the day where if a man cheated on his wife, both the man AND his wife would be punished even though the wife literally did nothing wrong? Even though women only have it moderately bad today, it used to be WAAAAAAAAY worse then that just a couple of generations earlier, and they have not received their credit for it when many others have.

"Why should women get a holiday when others dont?"

Name one other group who have had it just as bad as women and didnt get compensated for it. You may think that blacks should get their own day right? THEY DO. Its called 'Martin Luther King Jr Day', and if you compare rights for blacks to rights for women youll see that blacks received the right to vote earlier then women did, and youll also noticed that blacks have become president while women have not.

"Why does it have to be called vagina day? why cant it be called women's day or something?"

The reason it shall be called Vagina day is because women's day sounds f*cking stupid and there are stereotypes associated with women that would take away from the meaning of a holiday for women. When you think of 'Vaginas' though, you cant immediately think of anything bad about them, am I right? Lets face it, God was taking his sweet time when making the Vagina and its probably his best work too. Vagina also just sounds more upbeat and happy too. Just sing it to yourself

Vaginaaaaaa
Vaaaaaaaginaaaaaa
Va-Va-Va-ginaaaaa daaaaaaayyyyy

Its just so catchy isnt it? much more then just 'women' which doesnt really celebrate women since it has the word 'men' in it....

"When would Vagina Day be?"

It would be the Thursday before Valentines Day, so that when women come back to work after their day off thanks to Vagina Day, then it will be Valentines day and they will be showered with the chocolates and flowers of men desperately trying to get laid. It also gives men one last warning that valentines day is coming so they can prepare for it and everything rather then be caught off about it.

"Why cancel work on that day?"

Why? Because f*ck you thats why. If we get a day off for 'Labor Day' which is the stupidest sounding holiday ever made then people should be able to have a day off for the wonderful and splendid 'Vagina Day'

"How is it celebrated?"

There's parades in cities and towns everywhere and there could be giant balloon vaginas in the air for everyone to see, there will be TV coverage of some of the greatest women in history like Susan B Anthony, Martha Washington, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Michelle Obama, etc to honor their legacy. There will be fireworks at night too because why not.

Imagine if the Fourth of July combined with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but with way more Vaginas... Thats basically what Vagina day would be like.

Over to you now Con :D
DoctorDeku

Con

I'll use this first round to make my case against 'Vagina Day' and the next round to attack my opponent's case.

Right out of the batting box I'd like to establish a few thing: a. The pay gap between men and women is a myth[1], Men have to deal with their image just like women[2] and men have far fewer health benefits than women do.[3][4][5]
[1] http://cbsn.ws...
[2] http://bit.ly...
[3] http://1.usa.gov...
[4] http://bit.ly...

That said, it is my contention that vagina is unwarranted. Women are already celebrated in our society to a significant degree, by continuing to focus so heavily on women we create a systematic inequality among men and women.

1. Societal celebration of women-
As I've already shown the rates for prostate and breast cancer are roughly the same[3]. Let's put aside for just a moment that both men and women can get breast cancer[5] whereas only men can get prostate cancer. The real impact here is our focus on health. Despite the rates of these cancers being about equal breast cancer research receives a significantly higher amount funding than any other type of cancer[3]. Our society akins breast cancer to women, and supports it so as to help women. This is proof that we value women
[5] http://bit.ly...

Further, let's compare two holidays already in place: Mother's day and Father's day. Out society spent about 5.9 Billion dollars more on Mother's day in 2008 than we did on father's day[6]. Furthermore we see that Men spend on average twice as much as women do on Valentines day[7].
[6] http://bit.ly...
[7] http://bit.ly...

So from this you can take home that we already place a huge value on women. There simply isn't a need for another holiday to express our gratitude towards them. But there is a second, even more potent issue that must be discussed when one discusses the legitimacy of 'vagina day', and that's the role of men.

2. Male Disposability-
Whether we're willing to admit it or not, men are disposable in our culture. It's for that very reason that a such a huge gap exists in college enrollment between men and women[8], 93% of work elated deaths are men[9] and the suicide rate for men is at least 3 times that of women across the board [10]. And that's just the minimum difference.
[8] https://bitly.com...
[9] http://bit.ly...
[10] http://bit.ly...

We treat men as though they're disposable, as though they're tools, and despite the fact that we know men are at a disadvantage in all of these different areas the goal of mainstream gender 'equality' movements for the past hundred years have been bout benefiting women and women alone.

In 2000 Dr. Warren Farrell wrote 'The Myth of Male Power'[11], in which he redefines the classical ideal of the patriarchy as vessel of female oppression. Ferrell argued that neither Men nor Women classically held 'power', as that would imply that they had the power to control what they could do with their own life. The fact is that until the past hundred years or so, men and women had to play their traditional gender roles for the sake of survival. Men would go out an do backbreaking labor which ultimately put them in very poor shape physically and health-wise, whereas women would stay in the safety of the home so that they could be healthy enough to raise children. As Ferrel writes this was not oppression of women, but a necessary social structure for mankind to survive.
[11] http://bit.ly...

So What's next?
The demonization of masculine values has been an element in the realm of gender equality for a while now[12]. The white ribbon campaign for instance, asserts that only men are responsible for domestic violence[13]. It claims that the traits which fuel domestic violence are inherently male traits, whereas peace is an inherently female trait.
[12] http://bit.ly...
[13] http://bit.ly...

By voting for 'vagina day', even in jest, we propagate this negative view of men. I urge a vote for Con, for Gender equality.
imabench

Pro

Jesus Christ, way to f*ck up a troll debate dude....The point of a troll debate is to use semantical arguments to argue your stance in an attempt to humor the voters, NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. Using serious arguments in a troll debate is the equivalent of a full forfeit too....

Ill see what I can do to restore the humor in this but seriously you gave me NOTHING to work with and now the whole debate is shot to hell.

"The pay gap between men and women is a myth[1], Men have to deal with their image just like women[2] and men have far fewer health benefits than women do"

The man who claimed that the pay gap is a myth was arrested in 2008 for trying to sharpen his penis in a pencil sharpener so that when he has sex with women he can stab them to death. The man clearly has it out for women and tries to discredit them whenever he can. He actually published a book about how Hitler was secretly a woman just to try to disprove feminism....

And men dont deal with their image JUST LIKE women do. No guy in the history of guyness has ever had to spend more then 30 minutes in the bathroom making sure they look good before going out to a dinner, or had to put that icky green stuff on their face to exfoliate their skin or whatever.

Lastly OF COURSE men have fewer health benefits then women. Last I checked men dont bleed out of their penis once a month

"Our society akins breast cancer to women, and supports it so as to help women. This is proof that we value women"

Oh yay, we value women enough that we want to keep them alive, HOW THOUGHTFUL OF MEN. The point of Vagina day is to celebrate all of the good aspects that women offer society BESIDES BEING ALIVE, like having good taste in decorations, making sure us men have good hygiene, doing all the stuff guys are too dumb to do in the first place, everything.

"So from this you can take home that we already place a huge value on women. There simply isn't a need for another holiday to express our gratitude towards them"

How typical for a MAN to convince himself that we already shell out enough for a women.... Men always think that they satisfy women but women know damn well that men never shell out enough, they go good at first but then finish early and then take a nap.

" It's for that very reason that a such a huge gap exists in college enrollment between men and women"

No its not, its because men are IDIOTS. Look up 'dumbass stunt' anywhere on youtube or the internet and I guarantee you that 99 out of 100 results will feature something a guy did. Hell, look at any episode of Tosh.0 and all the stupid stunts they feature are done by MEN. The reason women are enrolled in college more then men is because men are idiots, not because women are somehow favorited voer men.

"Men would go out an do backbreaking labor which ultimately put them in very poor shape physically and health-wise, whereas women would stay in the safety of the home so that they could be healthy enough to raise children."

How in the hell does doing intense labor make somebody in POOR shape? Doing hard labor makes men STRONGER not weaker, thats why there are gyms ever two blocks in America! This Doctor is clearly an idiot, and no surprise HES A MAN. I guess they just let anyone be a docter these days

Forfeited arguments:
- Con forfeits that it would be cool to have parades with giant balloon vaginas
- Con does not dispute the title of Vagina Day
- Con forfeits that "Vagina Day" rolls off the tip of the tongue
- Con fails to give a single Vagina Joke
- Con failed to give an example of other groups of people who dont have some holiday like women do (only a fraction of women are mothers)
- Con forfeits that God spent a lot of time first making the Vagina and that he did a damn good job at it
- Con forfeits basically everything since he decided to take a troll debate seriously and new arguments cant be introduced in the last round....

You know what, just tie it. Ill redo this debate and debate someone who knows what a troll debate actually is.
DoctorDeku

Con

I rescind any statements in the comments section. I am not forfeiting and I urge voters to be mindful of the following statements.

I would like to make a couple of overarching statements before I respond to some house-keeping issues and line-by-line analysis. I am confident that many of you will take these things to heart, but whatever. If I've lost you by this point I'm not worried about how you respond to this.

a. let it be known that there was not a framework established for constructive arguments, clash, or rebuttals in the first round. This is important as my opponent seals his final speech with an underview speaking on my supposed drops and urging you, the voters, not to listen to any 'new arguments' in this speech. The first thing that I said in my second round 'speech' is that I would use that round for constructive arguments and then use this round for rebuttals; I made my intentions clear from the get-go, and there's no reason to ignore that framework since an alternative was not provided.

Further, I'd like to point out that my opponent used this speech to respond to my argument, so attempting to block me from responding to his is bull.

And if you don't buy that, I still on comparative advantage so drops wouldn't matter anyway.

b. U mad bro? Pro is obviously upset at how I've tackled this debate, this is evidence that I've done a good job trolling him. We need to move away from this idea that the only good kinds of 'trolls' are established memes or cliches, that's both boring and lazy. I opponent didn't expect me to respond in the way that I did and it threw him off-guard, I've done an excellent job trolling him.

Further, if the issue of entertainment is what you're concerned about I win there too. Reading some dadaist nonsense in the form of a 'debate' may get a chuckle, but the drama that this debate will cause will be much more entertaining to read.

Now onto the line-by-line. I'll cover my opponent's constructive by grouping similar arguments and responding appropriately.
1. Women have things they have to put up with?
Cool beans, so do men. Primarily the issue of being disposable and the possibility of being financially enslaved following a divorce.[14]
[14] http://bit.ly...

2. Why women and no-one else?
Women are a gender, blacks are a race. This issue of discussion that the Con proposes is that of male disposability, something Black men are not immune to. So MLK day doesn't make ground for anykind of argument.

3. Why call it Vagina Day?
This is really mute as I never attack it's name.

4. Plan
Also mute as my opposition wasn't how we would enact it, but it's ethical repulsiveness.

5. Portion of others without Holiday
Men.

Now with all that housekeeping out of the way I'm going to tell you very simply why you need to vote Con in this debate

a. Instead of being a good troll and continuing to debate in a silly manner, Pro gets butthurt[15] about how I've decided to respond and makes passive aggressive as well as directly aggressive remarks about my conduct. This is not the mark of a good troll, and serves as a substantial reason to vote Pro.
[15]http://bit.ly...

b. Pro doesn't even realize how badly he's been trolled as of his previous speech. He doesn't seem to understand that making a serious argument to an obviously silly argument is a brilliant trolling mechanism. If he doesn't have an appropriate response given this reaction, then he deserves to lose.

c. Con is winning one every technical round imaginable: I'm winning arguments, framework and sources -- even if you don't buy my argument that a serious response is still a troll, then you'd have to vote for me based on the content of the debate.

Finally I'll leave with this: the only possible ground I could see anyone voting for Pro, is by them siding with him that I've 'ruined this debate'. However I'm going to predict that many will largely abstain from voting altogether. Either way I urge a vote for Con.
Posted by LogicalMaddog 3 years ago
LogicalMaddog
Imabench gets way too overworked.
Posted by LogicalMaddog 3 years ago
LogicalMaddog
Imabench gets way too overworked.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
I requested a tie so that I could just remake the debate later
Posted by Pennington 3 years ago
Pennington
imabench is hilarious.
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 3 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Bench, what in the world made you request a tie?
Posted by xxXChelseaXxx 3 years ago
xxXChelseaXxx
>getting mad in a troll debate

Imabench, you are too funny.
Posted by Anjou 3 years ago
Anjou
I don't agree with imabench, but then again, this is a troll debate, so whatever.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Deku, your retardation is far more extensive then I could have imagined....

It's one thing to be retarded enoughtime take a troll debate completely seriously and only later realize how bad you screwed it up, but it takes a while new level of stupid to try to play it off as something you planned to so all along.

Also, taking a troll debate seriously doesn't count as trolling it ya dumba**.
Posted by xxXChelseaXxx 3 years ago
xxXChelseaXxx
2 ez
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
No he didn't Chelsea, read his own comments
Vote Placed by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: To die the debate, as per DoctorDeku's request.
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: CVB idiot.
Vote Placed by effimero89 3 years ago
effimero89
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry "imabench", "DoctorDeku" uses a cookie cutter argument for every debate. He then played it off like he meant to troll you.... Lame
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Stop it qopel.
Vote Placed by qopel 3 years ago
qopel
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: LOL, good one
Vote Placed by Pennington 3 years ago
Pennington
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: It is a tie.
Vote Placed by Ardenwa 3 years ago
Ardenwa
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Surprisingly good debate.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 3 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
imabenchDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: While Pro was funnier, he asked for a tie, so who I am I to give him points he doesn't want? Con's rebuttals in round 3 were funny too - in a lame way. "Con is winning one every technical round imaginable" just cracks me up as Con continues to tally all the ways he "won" but it was unintentional comedy rather than intentional. Also, Con pretty much reneged on his forfeit presumably after seeing xxChelseaxx's comments as he regurgitated her comments in the debate. I really want to give bench points for this but... since he doesn't want them, I vote it a tie.