imabench
brian_eggleston

Resolved: Vagina Day should be a national holiday

imabench

imabench

Pro

Re-doing this debate because the last one got accepted by an idiot who doesnt know what a f*ckin troll debate is

THIS IS INDEED A TROLL DEBATE. That means if you take it seriously then youre a dumba**. The point of troll debates is to use semantical and humorous arguments to make a case just for sh*ts and giggles.

I am arguing that 'Vagina Day' (A day that would celebrate women, honor all the accomplishments of famous women, and honor all women in society today of hanging in there despite all the crap they take from both men and nature) should become a national holiday where businesses and schools take the day off and everything

Con is against this resolution

- First round is acceptance only.
- 4000 characters
- No pictures of Vaginas are to be posted. Feel free to make as many Vagina jokes as you want though

If you want the debate leave a comment and ill decide who will get it.
brian_eggleston

Con

I accept Imabench's challenge and solemnly promise not to post any pictures of vaginas as part of my arguments.
imabench

Pro

Vagina Day. It just rolls off the tongue doesnt it?

I will start by saying that women deserve a day to recognize all of their hard work. They have to deal with periods, trying to find bras that fit well but dont chaffe their nipples, staying in shape, wearing heels, looking good in a bathing suit, usually are the ones who have to keep the house in order, spend an hour in the morning to look good, do the same work as men yet get paid less, etc etc.

One of the things that most women do that deserves recognition though, is that women are forced to put up with men.

Do you know how much of a pain in the a** it is for women to put up with guys in their life? At just about any age all women usually have one creepy guy obsessed with them, four hot guys she wants to date but no matter how hard she tries cant get them to take the hint, deal with either an overbearing father or not having one at all, and just being forced to live in a world that is run by the dumbest men you can find.

Women deserve a day to themselves because they have it hard, and it use to be a lot worse....

Remember back in the day where if a man cheated on his wife, both the man AND his wife would be punished even though the wife literally did nothing wrong? Even though women only have it moderately bad today, it used to be WAAAAAAAAY worse then that just a couple of generations earlier, and they have not received their credit for it when many others have.

"Why should women get a holiday when others dont?"

Name one other group who have had it just as bad as women and didnt get compensated for it. You may think that blacks should get their own day right? THEY DO. Its called 'Martin Luther King Jr Day', and if you compare rights for blacks to rights for women youll see that blacks received the right to vote earlier then women did, and youll also noticed that blacks have become president while women have not.

"Why does it have to be called vagina day? why cant it be called women's day or something?"

The reason it shall be called Vagina day is because 'Women's Day' sounds f*cking stupid and there are stereotypes associated with women that would take away from the meaning of a holiday for women. When you think of 'Vaginas' though, you cant immediately think of anything bad about them, am I right? Lets face it, God was taking his sweet time when making the Vagina and its probably his best work too, so it deserves to be celebrated and idolized. Vagina also just sounds more upbeat and happy too. Just sing it to yourself

Vaginaaaaaa
Vaaaaaaaginaaaaaa
Va-Va-Va-ginaaaaa daaaaaaayyyyy

Its just so catchy isnt it? much more then just 'women' which doesnt really celebrate women since it has the word 'men' in it....

"When would Vagina Day be?"

It would be the Thursday before Valentines Day, so that when women come back to work after their day off thanks to Vagina Day, then it will be Valentines day and they will be showered with the chocolates and flowers of men desperately trying to get laid. It also gives men one last warning that valentines day is coming so they can prepare for it and everything rather then be caught off about it.

"Why cancel work on that day?"

Why? Because f*ck you thats why. If we get a day off for 'Labor Day' which is the stupidest sounding holiday ever made then people should be able to have a day off for the wonderful and splendid 'Vagina Day'

"How is it celebrated?"

There's parades in cities and towns everywhere and there could be giant balloon vaginas in the air for everyone to see, there will be TV coverage of some of the greatest women in history like Susan B Anthony, Martha Washington, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Michelle Obama, etc to honor their legacy. There will be fireworks at night too because why not.

Imagine if the Fourth of July combined with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but with way more Vaginas... Thats basically what Vagina day would be like.

Over to you now Con :D
brian_eggleston

Con

My opponent highlights the supposed plight of women but we should ask ourselves why we perceive that women suffer so much. The answer is that they never stop complaining. Whinge, whinge, whine, whine, moan, moan: they never get tired of carping on about how hard they're lives supposedly are.

"A woman's work is never done" they grumble, but if that's true who are all those women's shows on daytime TV aimed at then? The advertisers wouldn't fund them if nobody was watching them.

The fact is, these days, housewives have it even easier than ever what with modern appliances such as vacuum cleaners, microwave ovens, washer/dryers, dishwashers, food processors, they hardly have to lift a finger around the house. Furthermore, with the wide availability of ready-prepared meals and affordable clothing housewives no longer have to cook or sew.

So, instead of doing something useful they lounge about all day watching TV or go out and spend their husbands' hard-earned cash on clothes, shoes and make-up.

It wouldn't be so bad if husbands had nice sexy wives to come home to but most don"t because the majority of women - 62% inAmerica- are overweight, just because they have so little physical work to do. No wonder strip clubs are booming these days.

Now, to address my opponent's specific points in turn.

This is positive discrimination gone mad. True, blacks get a public holiday in America, but women already have Mother's Day, and although it's not a public holiday, they still get cards, presents and breakfast in bed. That should be more than enough I would have thought.

"Vagina Day" sounds a bit clinical, don"t you think? Why not something a little more poetic like Lady Garden Day, Hairy Clam Day, Gates of Heaven Day or Map of Tasmania Day?

"When would Vagina Day be?"

A week before Valentine"s Day is just about the worst possible day: think about all the time, effort and expense men will be expected to go to in order to appease their womenfolk on Vagina Day only to have to waste even more time and money buying chocolates and flowers a week later.

"Why cancel work on that day?"

People would always welcome a free day off work and, therefore, might vote for my opponent"s plan for that reason alone. My opponent might as well have proposed a "Cowboys and Indians Day" or "Hamburger Day" or "Raccoon Day" or "Atom Bomb Day" or "NASA Day" or "College Shooting Day" or "Soda Pop Day" or "Tornado Alley Trailer Park Day" or "Hollywood Day" or "Wall Street Greed and Incompetence Day" or anything else all-American.

"How is it celebrated?"

Giant balloon vaginas? My opponent hasn't thought this through. The last vagina I checked had a gash right down the middle of it and, clearly, this feature would not aid buoyancy in a balloon.

And, while there have been some great women through the years but there have been some rotten ones too: let's remember Elizabeth Bathory, the Blood Countess, who tortured and killed hundreds of young girls so that she could bathe in the blood of virgins in order to keep her younger, or the 'Bitch of Buchenwald' who was the wife of Karl Koch, a Nazi concentration camp commandant, and who reveled in torture and obscenity, or the evil tyrant Margaret Thatcher who brought misery and despair to millions of decent, hard-working British people through her vile political campaigns against the working classes in the 1980"s and 90"s.

These women all had vaginas and, as such, would be celebrated, but to do so would be an insult to the memories of their victims.

Finally, fireworks would be wholly inappropriate: as a feminist studies graduate once expalained to me, fireworks are phallic symbols which rape the sky and pollute the air that women have to breathe.

imabench

Pro

"The answer is that they never stop complaining. Whine, whine, whine, whine, moan, moan: they never get tired of carping on about how hard they're lives supposedly are"

Well of course they whine, whining is the only way that women can get a guy to do ANYTHING anymore.

"A woman's work is never done" they grumble, but if that's true who are all those women's shows on daytime TV aimed at then? The advertisers wouldn't fund them if nobody was watching them."

Women turn on those tv shows just so that it can serve as background noise while they do their things around the house when nobody else is home. You know how guys like to turn the tv on in the background while they masturbate to whatever they are looking up on their computers? Same thing except women do that to get stuff done while men do that just to masturbate.

"It wouldn't be so bad if husbands had nice sexy wives to come home to but most don"t because the majority of women - 62% in America- are overweight, just because they have so little physical work to do. No wonder strip clubs are booming these days."

But then women invented anorexia and bulimia to start fighting back against those numbers, and so far its working! We just need to give them time and sooner or later, all women will be thin and sexy.... If they arent dead.

"True, blacks get a public holiday in America, but women already have Mother's Day, and although it's not a public holiday, they still get cards, presents and breakfast in bed. That should be more than enough I would have thought."

That only applies to mothers though, while all the single proud independent women who dont need no MAN in her life are left out in the dark when they shouldnt be. They deserve a day of appreciation too!

""Vagina Day" sounds a bit clinical, don"t you think? Why not something a little more poetic like Lady Garden Day, Hairy Clam Day, Gates of Heaven Day or Map of Tasmania Day?"

They can go with 'map of tasmania day' in Australia if they want but Vagina just has a melody to it that 'lady garden' just doesn't have.

Walk up to any teenage boy in America and ask him about his opinion of Vaginas, then do the same about Lady gardens and hairy clams, I guarantee that they will give different opinions and wont start drooling over themselves like they do at the sound of 'Vagina'

"A week before Valentine"s Day is just about the worst possible day"

Valentines Day always falls on a friday, Vagina day would be the thursday before Valentines day, meaning that Vagina day would always be the day before Valentines day, not a week before it! That would be suicide

"My opponent might as well have proposed a "Cowboys and Indians Day"

We call that Thanksgiving I think.

"Hamburger Day"

Every day is hamburger day in America

or "Raccoon Day"

hey are natures adorable bandits <333

or "Atom Bomb Day"

We combined blowing sh*t up day with the Fourth of July

or "NASA Day"

That would really only work in Florida

or "College Shooting Day" or "Soda Pop Day" or "Tornado Alley Trailer Park Day" or "Hollywood Day"

Im sure they will work out

or "Wall Street Greed and Incompetence Day"

Every day is wall streed greed and incompetence day in capitalist America! All of these holdiays already exist or should exist in one way or another, why not actually go through with making 'Vagina day' a holiday?

"The last vagina I checked had a gash right down the middle of it and, clearly, this feature would not aid buoyancy in a balloon."

Believe me, men will work until the end of time to build a giant balloon vagina once they are given permission to do so.

"These women all had vaginas and, as such, would be celebrated, but to do so would be an insult to the memories of their victims."

A vagina is a vagina no matter which woman it is on my friend....

"A feminist studies graduate once expalained to me, fireworks are phallic symbols which rape the sky and pollute the air that women have to breathe."

LOL, feminists arent even people though!
brian_eggleston

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for his interesting rebuttals but, upon further reflection, I have realised that there may be one very serious unforeseen consequence of Vagina Day, that is, the emergence of vagina vigilante groups.

These militant feminists would no doubt hijack the celebrations and turn them into "Pvssy Pride Parades" where young women would flaunt their genitalia in public, shocking onlookers with their defiance displays of nudity.

Naturally, these young women would organise themselves into groups such as "The Labia Liberation Front"; "The Gash Gangsta Girls" and "The Muff Mafia" and send 'snatch' squads into places where men traditionally congregate to assert their femininity on any unsuspecting males they find therein.

Think about it, gentlemen, how would you like it if a gang of young women burst into your local pub and asserted their feminine self-confidence on you by pressing your face into their vaginas? Well, how would you like that? You wouldn't like it, would you? Okay, some of you might quite like it, but that's not the point, it's an invasion of your own personal space, and that's why I urge you to vote against my opponent's proposal.

imabench

Pro

" I have realised that there may be one very serious unforeseen consequence of Vagina Day, that is, the emergence of vagina vigilante groups. These militant feminists would no doubt hijack the celebrations and turn them into "Pvssy Pride Parades" where young women would flaunt their genitalia in public, shocking onlookers with their defiance displays of nudity."

We already have women who flaunt their genitalia in public with defiance..... We call them whores.

"Naturally, these young women would organise themselves into groups such as "The Labia Liberation Front"; "The Gash Gangsta Girls" and "The Muff Mafia" and send 'snatch' squads into places where men traditionally congregate to assert their femininity on any unsuspecting males they find therein."

I dont see how having a woman come in naked and asserting herself on unsuspecting males is a bad thing.... Im pretty sure thats the backstory behind every porno ever made actually.

"Think about it, gentlemen, how would you like it if a gang of young women burst into your local pub and asserted their feminine self-confidence on you by pressing your face into their vaginas?"

That depends entirely on the smell.... It would be nice to have the opportunity to eat out and then leave, but Im not going in if it smells like regurgitated tunafish smeared in broccoli.

"Okay, some of you might quite like it, but that's not the point, it's an invasion of your own personal space"

Personal space is just a liberty that people invented that they can dispose of temporarily at any given time, in fact the disposal of liberties is something that this country was founded on! Ben Franklin once said:

"Anyone who sacrifices a little liberty, to gain a bit o' dat p*ssy be BALLIN NIGGA, PARTY AT FRANKLINS!!!!!!!!"

I rest my case. Vote Pro :D
brian_eggleston

Con

I would like to respond to my opponent's further arguments as follows:

"We already have women who flaunt their genitalia in public with defiance..... We call them whores."

Sex-workers, or "whores" as my opponent crudely terms them, have no choice but to advertise their wares in order to attract punters: if they don"t turn enough tricks they won"t get their fix of crack and, also, their gash-broker is likely to give them a proper slap. This is different from the educated, middle class young ladies who seek to intimidate conservative Christians and other prudes by flaunting their minges in public.

"I dont see how having a woman come in naked and asserting herself on unsuspecting males is a bad thing.... Im pretty sure thats the backstory behind every porno ever made actually. "

But what about conservative Christians and other prudes? Don"t their sensitivities matter?

"That depends entirely on the smell.... It would be nice to have the opportunity to eat out and then leave, but Im not going in if it smells like regurgitated tunafish smeared in broccoli."

I"ve often wondered why ladies" tango batter smells like fish, but it"s never reminded me of the smell of broccoli"I wonder where my opponent picks up his women"

"Personal space is just a liberty that people invented that they can dispose of temporarily at any given time, in fact the disposal of liberties is something that this country was founded on! Ben Franklin once said: 'Anyone who sacrifices a little liberty, to gain a bit o' dat p*ssy be BALLIN NIGGA, PARTY AT FRANKLINS!!!!!!!!'"

It is true that American citizens have, over the years, been forced to concede numerous human rights and I assume my opponent has in mind former civil liberties such as the right to own slaves, the right to hunt buffalos and the right to shoot any troublesome Indians one might encounter I am sure these rights are much missed by many Americans today. Therefore, it is important that the right to enjoys ones" own personal space down the pub without having some quivering quim thrust in one"s face doesn"t go by the wayside too.

Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
God, you people...why....
Posted by rross 3 years ago
rross
DoctorDeku, you've got to be kidding me. This is a TROLL debate. It's all about how much they make you laugh. Isn't it?
Posted by brian_eggleston 3 years ago
brian_eggleston
This sounds like a job for Flyin' Brian Eggleston...
Posted by dragonb95 3 years ago
dragonb95
trololo let me debate you bitch
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
the criteria is that you have to be have a higher ranked percentile then me, which means technically only one person can accept it since I have the second highest percentile of anyone on the site :P

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Mustachero 3 years ago
Mustachero
Haha, I love it. I would be interested in debating you good sir.
Posted by enclave101 3 years ago
enclave101
whats the criteria that I don't make??
Vote Placed by DoctorDeku 3 years ago
DoctorDeku
imabenchbrian_egglestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: rross votebombing? Why am I not surprised.
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
rross
imabenchbrian_egglestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: You poor sods. This is disgusting, pathetic, revolting...oh whatever. Con made me laugh twice, and Pro not at all.
Vote Placed by Billdekel 3 years ago
Billdekel
imabenchbrian_egglestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ima showed it was the kind, tolerant and loving thing to do for women. Brain had his arguments from misogynist view points and sweeping generalizations.
Vote Placed by LotusNG 3 years ago
LotusNG
imabenchbrian_egglestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter VB
Vote Placed by GeekiTheGreat 3 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
imabenchbrian_egglestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Cuz