Resolved: Vegito from Dragonball Z would defeat Gogeta.

I will be arguing in the Affirmative but the BOP will be shared.If my opponent argues for a Super Saiyan 4 than he must allow me to argue that Vegito can go Super Saiyan 3 considering Gokus ability to do this at that time. I will await my opponents argument sense BOP is shared my opponent must not just tear down my arguments but place his own. I must likewise tear down his arguments and place my own. No personal attacks or I will consider this forfeit.

I assume first round is for acceptance and thank my opponent for the debate.

Thank you Poachi for accepting.
I will begin by defining some essential terms which are: Gogeta:Gogeta (ゴジータ, Gojīta) is the resulting fusion of two highly powerful Saiyans, Goku and Vegeta, when they perform the Fusion Dance properly.(
Vegito:Vegito (ベジット, Bejitto; "Vegetto") is the immensely powerful result of the fusion between Goku and Vegeta by the use of the Potara Earrings(
Defeat:to win victory over (Merriam-Webster)
I will know present my case:
There are atleast 2 major reasons that Vegito would most likely kill Gogeta. My first contention is that the Potara Earrings is more powerful and less difficult to do than the fusion dance. My first point of evidence comes from Elder Kai who states that the earrings are more powerful than the dance. Also I would like to point out that Super Buu fought a fusion dance fused Saiyan named Gotenks and even at Super Saiyan 3 which is not even close to the initial level of Vegito which in that he didn't seem to have trouble defeating Buu but he simply wanted to end it quicker. A Super Saiyan 3 has 4 times the capability of a Super Saiyan 2. Considering Trunks and Goten's inabiity to transform to Super Saiyan 3 in regular form it can only be inferred how high a level a Vegito may be able to achieve from a more powerful fusion. Also it should be mentioned that Vegito's fusion cannot fail but the fusion dance can.
My second contention is that Gogeta has a time limit of only 30 min and other limitations. Considering the time of Gogeta's state and permenant fusion of the Potara earrings Vegito has a distinct advantage. Also it is evident from Gotenks that Fusion dances can also be terminated by a sufficiently powerful force. Goten and Trunks fused to fight Hirudegarn in Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon, and during the battle, the monster hit Gotenks with sufficient force to seperate Goten and Trunks far before the 30 minute time limit had been reached. So theoretically Vegito only needs to hit Gogeta with a real strong force and knock him out of his fusion to defeat him.
Thank you and I await my opponents argument

C1) My opponent states that the Potara earrings are more powerful evidenced by Elder Kai's statements about the earrings. The actual statement is that the Potara's are "better."
From the Dragonball Wiki:
"In a line by Old Kai, he said that the potara fusion was "better" than the fusion dance. This leads many to think that Vegito is stronger than Gogeta. However, he may instead have been refering to the drawbacks of the fusion dance itself: a 30 minute time limit on the fusion, the possibility of performing the dance incorrectly resulting in a weaker form, and that the dance is restricted to beings of comparable size and power level (individuals performing the dance can suppress or raise their power level to match if necessary). Or, this may just be embellishment on his part."

This means that Vegito isn't necessarily stronger than Gogeta, just that the limitations of the dance make the Potaras preferable for quick-fusion and long battles.

He then makes a comparative argument, saying that a fusion dance-formed Gotenks was able to defeat Buu. I didn't really understand what he meant to say in that portion of his argument other than the statement at the end where he speculated on how powerful Vegito could be at Super Saiyan 3. The drawback to Vegito is that he never could reach Super Saiyan 3 as Vegeta, in the series' canon, could never ascend to Super Saiyan 3. He skipped from SS2 to SS4. This changes the power level of a theoretical SS3 Vegito as half of him wouldn't be ready for that level of power.

C2) He asserts that there are certain limitations faced by the Fusion Dance Technique. I'll go down these one by one and debunk all of them.
First, in his previous contention, he said that the fusion dance can fail. This is due to failures in the technique of the dance by the participants but this point is redundant because the title of the debate assumes that Gogeta and Vegito are in their fused forms prior to the start of the battle. In much the same way, I would contest that my Goku or Vegeta could aim an energy blast at their Potara earrings before the opposing Goku and Vegeta could put them on. Either way, the point is moot because we must assume they start the fight fused.
Second, he makes a point on the time-span of the fusion dance. The dragon-ball wiki says that the fusion dance lasts about 30 minutes depending on the amount of ki used, meaning the dance could last longer and is not necessarily restrained to 30 minutes of time.
Third, he says that Gotenks is knocked out of fusion by an incredibly hard hit but this is false as the same article from the dragon ball wiki says that they had sustained so much damage that the fusion wore off.

Negative Case

C1) Gogeta is stronger than Vegito. From my rebuttal to my opponent's first contention we know that the Potaras don't increase the power of the fusion as my opponent's source material is ambiguous. We can thus assume that both fusions amplify the fighter's combined power levels by an equal multiplier. Thus it is a simple checking of facts that determines who would win. Gogeta was a fusion of Goku and Vegeta when they could reach Super Saiyan 4. Vegito is a fusion in which Vegeta couldn't even reach level 3. Gogeta was also Super Saiyan 4 and would be many times more powerful than even SS3 Vegito.

C2) Time is a non-issue. Gogeta has been shown to be the fastest character in the entire series. From the dragon ball wiki, "As an example, he was able to knock Omega Shenron away with what appeared to be a single, unseeable blow, but was later revealed to be three, almost simultaneous strikes. When Gogeta said he would slow down in his attacks so he could "count em' this time", those same strikes appear as simple twitches, if anything." Seeing as Gogeta is worlds stronger than Vegito, he would easily dominate the fight and finish it as quickly as he wanted.

I await my opponents final arguments.

TheChosenOnesike forfeited this round.

Poachi forfeited this round.