imabench
Rayze

Resolved: Winnie the Pooh is one of the most bada** mother f*ckers ever

imabench

imabench

Pro

Resolved: Winnie the Pooh, shown here: http://blog.kidzui.com... , is one of the most bada** motherf*ckers ever made.

I will be arguing for the resolution, con will be against this resolution.

- 2 rounds,
- First round acceptance only
- 3000 characters
- The only thing con CANNOT do is claim that Winnie the Pooh is not one of the most BAMF's ever because he is fictional and therefore isnt real. Anything else though is applicable
- I do intend to troll this like a motherf*cker, ye be warned ;D
Rayze

Con

Cool, Lets Do this.
I just have to show that Pooh's not the most Bada** MOFO ever made!
imabench

Pro

"I just have to show that Pooh's not the most Bada** MOFO ever made!"

Not exactly, The resolution is that he is ONE OF the most BAMF ever..... Not the most. Read the resolution -__-

Anyways here is my one and only argument:

http://www.debate.org...

^ I do not know which movie this is from, but basically heres what happens: Pooh is reaching for a jar of honey on a high shelf and he accidentally stretches himself too hard, causing his stomach to tear open and have all of his insides begin to bulge out of his body. Pooh, showing very minimal signs of alarm, proceeds on shoving his own stuffing back inside of himself, and sews himself up like nothing even happened.

Basically, Winnie the Pooh pushed his own internal organs back into his body and performed surgery on himself, without even being alarmed about what happened or what he just did.

99.999% of other people, fictional or non-fictional, could not do the same thing in a million years without either losing their cool or dying, especially if its just their first time.

Therefore Winnie the Pooh is one of the most bada** motherf*ckers ever.

I rest my case, Vote Pro :D
Rayze

Con

Oh, my bad I didn't notice the one in the resolution.

Cool story, http://www.debate.org... Sally, the ragdoll creation of Finklestein from Nightmare before christmas, can do the same thing and control her severed body parts, and she's not really a BAMF character herself.

Self operations are impressive in real life, but its not really BAMF material, since we have several characters and scenarios like Saw which are listed in http://en.wikipedia.org.... Most of the fictional ones are BAMF like the Predator, Rambo, Black Jack, and Faust VII. Others aren't BAMFs like those in the SAW trilogy.

Speaking of BAMFs Alucard from Hellsing can be riddled with bullets to the point where there's almost nothing left, have his head sliced off and come back laughing like a maniac. Of course lets not forget Father Anderson the Bayonet priest also from Hellsing. This guy can survive a silver 13 mm explosive tip round after being shot in the head, and still cleave the head off of Alucard (its an impressive feat if you're familiar with the series). Self healing like regeneration used to be a BAMF trait until Twilight showed up and ruined the trait with sparkling vampires who are weaker and have extremely crappy character development than previous any previously known character with that trait.

So I rest my case. Vote Con
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Speaking medically The Pooh was either in shock; or lacked a nervous system to feel the pain, in addition to a circulatory system to spread the infection. Being a happy immortal being bringing wonders to the lives of whomever he meets, would put him in the Edward (gaypire) camp of clearly non-BAMFs. Being a BAMF is not about Mary Sue level power, being born that tough like Captain Hammer, it has to do with character growth to become tough.
Posted by jdog2016 4 years ago
jdog2016
F**k yaaa
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
TV, his source contained plenty of information that places winnie the pooh of the list. He named several examples. Whats wrong with me naming my own off the list his source provided? And how did he not use the source correctly?? He did say that the characters on that list compare to winnie the pooh.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
Posted by Rayze 4 years ago
Rayze
Posting only 3,000 characters is hard to go in depth with. Plus the possibilities are endless.
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
I call BS on TUF's vote. Con may have provided the source that would have single-handedly won the debate for him if he'd used it correctly, but he didn't. You go into depth about that scene in Bad Taste (great movie)... Con didn't even mention that.
Vote Placed by Ian159 4 years ago
Ian159
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a though one
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con compared The Pooh to clearly BAMF characters, adding credit to The Pooh as one of them.
Vote Placed by jdog2016 4 years ago
jdog2016
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: He is bad ass
Vote Placed by muzebreak 4 years ago
muzebreak
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that Con's arguments were more convincing, in that he showed that self surgery doesn't not necessitate one being elevated to the level of BAMOFO. Winnie the Pooh is still a BAMoFo though.
Vote Placed by tulle 4 years ago
tulle
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: What F-16 said, basically. Con did not refute that self-surgery made someone a BAMF. He mentioned that, like in Twilight, there are cases where it's not. But he didn't address it in Pooh's case. Hehe. Pooh.
Vote Placed by Misterscruffles 4 years ago
Misterscruffles
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Dat nigga be shootin up honey with his peeps in tha hood, yo.
Vote Placed by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think Rayze could have won this with his counter-argument that self-surgery is no big deal in fiction if he had elaborated more; He mainly focused on Alucard (who is undoubtedly one BAMF) and gave us a lazy link to the wikipedia page on the subject, which is basically the only source he needed to do so... But he didn't, so I'm giving imabench an arguments vote. Of course Pro could have expanded and added a few more examples. I'm pretty sure Pooh has done some other awesome stuff. Sources are drawn (both provided sources guiz below me, check wif yo eyes)
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 4 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I was left feeling that Winnie the Pooh is a BAMF along with a bunch of others that Con mentioned. Con never really attacked Pooh, just showed that there were others BAMFs as well which did nothing to negate the resolution.
Vote Placed by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro, for comedic quality effort. Arguments and sources to Con. Con's argument mainly revolved around his source (which did in fact have quality support and reasoning for his point). Trying not to be a buzz kill on the obvious intended humor here, but I think Con pulled quite a few more accurate examples in his R2 argument. What's more cool, a stuffed bear putting fluff back inside himself, so he can continue to fill his fat belly with sugary fattening honey, or a character putting the brains of a mother fvcking alien into his own skull, and putting on a hat and a belt to keep brain matter from leaking out?! (that example was on his source's list). As far as humor goes, I think Imabench naturally managed it a little bit better. While Con maintained the spirit of humor through this "debate", however also managed to point out that there are quite a few better bad@ss characters, which would place poor Pooh bear, off the list of bad@assery. Good debate folks.
Vote Placed by Contra 4 years ago
Contra
imabenchRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were esoteric. So I couldn't understand his arguments, which made it seem like Pro had the more convincing arguments. If Con had given more background on his characters/ arguments, it would have been helpful for his side.