Thiskid
Humchuckninny

Resolved: direct popular vote should replace electoral college in presidental elections

Thiskid

Con

ok well im practicing for school so my oppent can pick wich side i am on so no arguments for the first round just acepting and picking a side
Humchuckninny

Pro

You said that the first round would not consist of presenting arguments, so I won't present any arguments. I'm fine with the Pro side of this debate, and I await your first argument!
Thiskid

Con

the electoral is a critical and necessary part of our government. For this reason I strongly negate the resolution. Resolved direct popular vote should replace electoral college in presidential elections. For three reasons The electoral college protects the minority states, spending, and less voter fraud.

First the electoral college protects the minority states. By minority states I mean the small ones with not very large populations. The electoral college makes sure that they still have a say and many candidates go and visit those states because they need as many delegates as possible.

Second is spending, The cost of presidential elections is all ready controversial. in the 2004 election candidates raised 919 million dollars, and only toured sixteen states. so that's a little over 57 million dollars a state. With the direct vote planning on touring 50 states it would cost over 2 billion dollars.

Finally with direct popular vote there is an increased chance for vote fraud. If every vote must be counted and know without a doubt who voted for who there will be a huge possibility for mistake, but with the electoral college. If a state makes a mishap they would only have to recount that state. since it would go to the states total, and not an overall count

So to conclude the electoral college is a necessary part of our government for three reasons, First it protects the minority states with small population, it saves a lot of money, and it reduces the chances for voter fraud
Humchuckninny

Pro

Humchuckninny forfeited this round.
Thiskid

Con

Thiskid forfeited this round.
Humchuckninny

Pro

Humchuckninny forfeited this round.
Thiskid

Con

Thiskid forfeited this round.
Humchuckninny

Pro

Humchuckninny forfeited this round.
Thiskid

Con

Thiskid forfeited this round.
Humchuckninny

Pro

Humchuckninny forfeited this round.
Posted by Cobo 5 years ago
Cobo
Hey Thiskid.
Would you like to debate using the same topic?
Same position aswell?
If so then shoot me a challenge
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
o.0! I have a feeling there i going to be a forfeit!