davidgumberg
The_Chaos_Heart

Resolved, that anarcho-capitalism, is in theory, and in practice, the best economic philosophy.

The_Chaos_Heart
Started: 2/21/2013 Category: Economics

davidgumberg

Pro

I look forward to arguing.
The_Chaos_Heart

Con

I accept. Begin your argument.
davidgumberg

Pro

davidgumberg forfeited this round.
The_Chaos_Heart

Con

...I...see...

Well, I'll wait one more round before starting my arguments. Please do return. There are plenty of rounds left
davidgumberg

Pro

Considering that I literally have 5 minutes on the clock, this will be super brief, and not very well written, first argument. In addition it is slightly difficult to present my argument because the opponent in the previous round, did not clarify what economic philoshophy he would be defending/ showing is superior to anarcho capitalism. Here is a quick summary of m
y main contentions (I have literally 1 min 45 secs to write this because the deb)ate time is running out
First that capitalism and a free market are superior to communism, socialism, or any other economic policy. I invite my opponent to attack this.

Second that people coming together because they share a common passion/job/career, is superior to people coming together simply because of were they were born.

Sorry for the shortness, really low on time, 10 secs right now.
The_Chaos_Heart

Con

For the sake of my opponent, I will wait one more round, as they did not really amke any form of arguments this turn. If they are late again however, I will move on without them.

Also, for his benefit, I will be defending Communism.
davidgumberg

Pro

davidgumberg forfeited this round.
The_Chaos_Heart

Con

Alright then.

Really, all we need to understand about this debate is the fact that Anarcho-Capitalism is a formula for disaster. Capitalism unfettered is a nightmare. Anarcho-Capitalism would take us back to the days of industrial capitalism, the days where businesses ran relatively free, and abused that power. People working ungodly hours, in horrible conditions, with no rights, no minimum wage. Children being put to work in textile mills, and dying at heartbreaking young ages as a result. Or when the American railroads were being built, and the immigrants died laboring in the heat and cold, or from explosions gone awry. And what happened when the workers of the nation protested the abominable working conditions? The government sent the army in to smash them into submission. The anarchist may say "but without a government, this will not occur." But what's to stop a private militia from forming, for the express purpose of hiring themselves off to companies, to out down protests with violence?

No, Capitalism in the modern age is bad enough. The worst thing humanity could ever do would be to give it even more freedoms than it had in the industrial age. The free market is a dangerous evil, and must be contained.
davidgumberg

Pro

davidgumberg forfeited this round.
The_Chaos_Heart

Con

*sigh* I think I'm going to take a break from debating for awhile. This is depressing.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
davidgumbergThe_Chaos_HeartTied
Reasons for voting decision: Essentially, a full forfeit.