michaelscott14
Charlie_Danger

Resolved, the death penalty be illegalized in all of the United States

Charlie_Danger

michaelscott14

Pro

We kill those that kill others to say killing is wrong and won't be tolerated. So what we are saying is two wrongs makes it right. That just doesn't make sense to me. I say it should be illegal.
Charlie_Danger

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate, and find the topic a classic one of intrigue, and wish the best of luck for him and his position.

Now, the only thing that my opponent contends in his opening statement is that killing killers is hypocritical, insofar as showing that killing is wrong, but killing people in the process.
I rebuke this as such: The primary issue that caused the death penalty to become stature is the concept of repeat offences, more specifically, repeat murders. This was the primary and, at the time, solitary cause for capital punishment, and rightly so. If a person, say a serial murderer is systematically killing a certain kind of people, it is in the best interest of society to kill them. This is logical, taken that we follow the theory of valuing the lives of many over that of the few.

Though I have already met the negative burden of proving the Affirmative case flawed and negated, I will present the following contentions to ensure your vote for me:

C.1) Economic Preference
As I stated previously, many of the felons in the United States are repeat offenders, in fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, about 70% of federal criminals that are release from prison will return there within the next 10 years alone. Since repeat offenders in the U.S. is CLEARLY an issue, housing, feeding, entertaining, conditioning and supervising criminals is an extreme net loss to an already poor government. If we take the baddest and statistically proven repeat-offenders of serious and unforgivable crimes and kill them, we save a significant amount of money.

Because I have negated the Affirmative's claim AND presented a unique reason for you to affirm, I urge a vote for the NEGATIVE at this point in the debate. Thank you.
michaelscott14

Pro

michaelscott14 forfeited this round.
Charlie_Danger

Con

Extend all my arguments.

I hope you can reply this time.
michaelscott14

Pro

michaelscott14 forfeited this round.
Charlie_Danger

Con

Extend my arguments.

My apologies to the voters and my opponent for his inability to timely respond.

Thank you for the debate.
Posted by SWfiend 7 years ago
SWfiend
Can you clarify your topic? If you do, I would consider taking the challenge, just for fun.
Posted by feverish 7 years ago
feverish
I agree too much with Pro to take this but expect it to be snapped up quickly.
Vote Placed by Charlie_Danger 7 years ago
Charlie_Danger
michaelscott14Charlie_DangerTied