docwil34
LiberationMedia

Resolved : the united states should put an end on world hunger and this in countries

docwil34

Pro

hello my name is darion and i am pro on this argument that the united states shall put an end on this situation. now let me start with three ways of how. one through organizations such as youthinkwell. many may have not heard of this organazation but it is an organization that helps kids in Africa get the water they need. that is all so vote for me.
LiberationMedia

Con

Hello to the opponent and all which will come across this debate. The reason for which I have taken this debate is because I believe that World Hunger can not end within days nor weeks nor months but rather take decades to fix. Also can not come to an end with the will of only one nation. Within my following contentions I should prove how.

WORLD HUNGER

First to be able to know how to solve a problem, we need to know every single detail about the problem. Therefor before I can prove that the United States can not solve World Hunger with simply money I need to know as to why there are 925 million people suffering from hunger.[1] According to the World Hunger Education Service (WHES) poverty is the principle cause of hunger.[2] Now what causes poverty? One major cause of poverty is uneducated people. A person without an education can not get a income-generating work, therefor leads to poverty and crime. Statistics tells us that only 60% of children in sub-saharan Africa have received ony an elementary education.[3] Therefor if these students receive minimal education, then there capacities will as well be of minimum capacity. So what can we do, we can educate these children, men and woman. We can teach them how to fish, teach them how to plant, teach them how to run a farm. Educating these human beings is the gateway to ending world hunger. It's impossible to believe that the way to end World Hunger is to simply keep on feeding the hungry this is incorrect. What so happens if one day you are in need of feeding? What so happens if one day you can not continue to feed these hungry human beings, you didn't educate them nor taught them how to survive on their own therefor you have lead them to death. This is similar to parenting, you teach you're child how to survive in the world therefor when you are gone they will not need you anymore.

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish you feed him for life. - Anonymous

SOLUTION = EDUCATION

School is the best method to solve World Hunger. Not only are the students being educating within a safe environment but they are also being fed. But let me make it clear that who is to say the students will be children, we are to bring the parents into school as well. For us to shape the future educations needs to reach every single human being in this world. Millions of kids in Africa do not go to school in fact half of the girls not in school reside within Africa. So if a person so wants to change hunger in Africa they should start by help building schools, which will take time but will create a future generation of well educated men and woman. The opponent believes that World Hunger can end simply with the aid of the U.S. but this is strictly not possible, it is something that entire world has to help with. Every single country must be willing to make all types of sacrifices to be able to put a child in school. Once we do this, then we shall start seeing an end to World Hunger.

CONCLUSION

The U.S. alone cannot put an end to World Hunger simply by feeding those in hunger for a few years. The best way the U.S. can help is by establishing schools within Africa, Asia, South America etc. The future of the world doesn't depend upon the change of one single nation but the change of all. The end to World Hunger can not be left to the responsibility of one nations, but it is the responsibility of all. It is our responsibility to educate the uneducated, this will affect us all sooner or later. Therefor with the short introduction I have presented for my contentions, I have showed enough evidence to come to the conclusion that the United States cannot put an end to World Hunger as easily as the opponent believes they can. It requires many years and the help of the entire world not one nation alone.

[1]&[2] http://www.worldhunger.org...
[3] http://www.fightpoverty.mmbrico.com...

docwil34

Pro

docwil34 forfeited this round.
LiberationMedia

Con

LiberationMedia forfeited this round.
docwil34

Pro

docwil34 forfeited this round.
LiberationMedia

Con

LiberationMedia forfeited this round.
docwil34

Pro

docwil34 forfeited this round.
LiberationMedia

Con

LiberationMedia forfeited this round.
docwil34

Pro

docwil34 forfeited this round.
LiberationMedia

Con

LiberationMedia forfeited this round.