rtfrench
J_Ash

Resolved: the use of renewable energy sources are beneficial over the use of fossil fuels.

rtfrench

Pro

The definition of renewable energy is energy that comes from natural resources such as the sun, wind and heat.

There are many types of renewable energies such as solar and photo-voltaic, which use sun rays. There are also forms of energy that are extracted from the earth such as geothermal and hydroelectric energy.

Each form of energy has several of their own advantages.

The main forms of solar energy can be found at the Natural energy lab in Kona, Hawaii.

The different forms of solar energy are Photo-voltaic and solar thermal.

Photo-voltaic energy uses silicon panels that are made to release electrical energy when struck by the photons from the s
J_Ash

Con

Hello, I am J_Ash, and I will be the Contender in this Debate

Resolved: the use of renewable energy sources are beneficial over the use of fossil fuels

“The use of renewable energy sources”: I take this as any other “green” energy source used as an alternative to Fossil fuels

“beneficial over the use of fossil fuels”: I take this to mean entirely favorable over Fossil fuels

I will now use the rest of my speech to refute my opponents points as they stand and if time and characters allow Bring up my own points

Rebuttal1. I would like to elaborate on your definitions for renewable power. Photo-voltaic is more commonly known as Solar energy for those who don’t know, and I would prefer that we Stick to that rather than Photo-Voltaic. Additionally, what exactly is the point you are trying to make on this statement? You merely stated that there are 3 types of renewable energies that you can name, and as of your 3rd statement, you have merely stated that they have advantages without providing any examples of these advantages.

R2. What exactly do you mean by the “main forms”? I also don’t quite understand what you mean by the natural energy lab, do you mean the solar panels on the building(s) in the lab?

I will now use the rest of my speech to state my own points.

C1 fossil fuels provide a much more efficient energy source than a solar panel

1 gallon of oil fuel contains 150,000 BTU (heat units of energy), whereas a standard photo voltaic solar panel only produces about 10,200 BTU every 3 hours. A solar panel is about $215, where a gallon of oil is $2

C2 The technology already exists for vehicles to be oil powered

As I am sure you all know, most cars run on Gasoline or Diesel, both fossil fuels. The same is for planes, boats, barges, and many other types of transportation. I do not know of a solar powered barge, or a geothermal powered airplane.

http://www.jc-solarhomes.com...

http://www.solarpanelinfo.com...

Thank you, that is all I have for my speech, I urge the Judges to vote for the Instigation

rtfrench

Pro

I will start by arguing against my opponent's previous speech.

R1: Unfortunately a network glitch cut off part of my first round debate, so not all of my information was shown.

R2: By "Main forms", I mean forms that are known to the general public.

R3: I believe that you should describe how the efficiency of fossil fuels are favorable over the overall environmental impact of the emissions that are constantly being pumped into the air by fossil fuel burning appliances and plants.

R4: The definition of Renewable energy is energy that comes from natural material, and releases no emissions into the atmospheres.

C1: There are forms of energy that are well used, and extremely efficient, one being nuclear energy. Today in the US, 104 nuclear plants create 20% of our electricity. Nuclear energy is also creates far much more energy than fossil fuels. One pellet (Approx. 7g) of uranium provides the same amount of energy as 17k cubic feet of natural gas, 1780 pounds of coal, and 149 gallons of oil, which according to my opponent's arguments, is over 22 million BTU.

C2: Following my first contention, Nuclear energy releases absolutely no greenhouse gases, or any other emissions.

C3: Every form of alternative energy is sustainable and non-polluting.

C4: The advanced technology in the near future that will use less material (therefore making it inexpensive), and also be more efficient.

http://www.nei.org...

http://www.alternativeenergysource.org...

Thank you for reading, and I hope you find that my argument covers some things you may not have known about renewable energy resourses.
J_Ash

Con

J_Ash forfeited this round.
rtfrench

Pro

rtfrench forfeited this round.
J_Ash

Con

J_Ash forfeited this round.
rtfrench

Pro

rtfrench forfeited this round.
J_Ash

Con

J_Ash forfeited this round.
rtfrench

Pro

rtfrench forfeited this round.
J_Ash

Con

J_Ash forfeited this round.
Posted by GZUS96 5 years ago
GZUS96
Mr. RtFrench your arguments go out the window when it comes to the cost of fossil fuels and other non-renewables because the vast majority of the rising cost has been unnecessary government regulations, taxation. If left to the free market the energy sources would be much cheaper than they are today. Renewable sources are only as cheap as they are because of unfair government subsidies.

And your whole 'it's better for the enviroment' falls apart since global warming has been exposed as a scam.

http://www.youtube.com...
Posted by J_Ash 5 years ago
J_Ash
regrettably, my internet was having some trouble for most of the time I could have posted a speech, which is why I forfeited the round