99999999Cw
sherlockholmesfan2798

Respect from teachers.

99999999Cw

Pro

Many kids in this generation suffer from depression or have family problems. When they go to school they expect respect and kind behavior. It says in the bible Matthew 7:12
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Well in school students don't get the respect from the teachers they want. Yes, students do disrespect teachers but people that don't disrespect them get no respect from teachers. I sit in class mindin mine and my partners own business. A teacher will walk up too you and start yelling at you because she thinks your off topic which you weren't. People don't understand us students don't even have the right to speak in a class and ask help from a fellow student. It is disrespectful they say when they won't step up and teach the class when you don't teach then what's the point in giving kids something they don't know and expect them to know it if you don't teach! What bothers me is that teachers get away with calling kids stupid when they try their best to get the work done.
sherlockholmesfan2798

Con

Definitions

Respect- Due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others:

Teacher-One who imparts knowledge or instructs (someone) as to how to do something (especially in school)
Opening Statement

Teachers shouldn't have to be respectful in a classroom to be a good teacher.

Proof/Statements

Teachers shouldn't have to be respectful to successfully complete the function of a teacher. The function of a teacher is to educate students upon the matter in which they are teaching (their subject). To do this successfully, a teacher doesn't have to consider the student's feelings, wishes or rights of others.

A teacher just needs to impart knowledge from teacher to student. They could simply go to the front of the class, draw a diagram, explain it, and leave(under the assumption, the diagram is an effective diagram). No respect was shown, yet the student left with a greater understanding of the subject.

I believe what you are referring to is disrespect. However, disrespect and not showing respect are different. Here is a website which shows this much more clearly. http://www.vocabulary.com...
A teacher may be a good teacher without being respectful as well as not being DISrespectful.

Final Statement

A teacher can do their job adequately without showing respect.

Rebuttals

"It says in the bible Matthew 7:12
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets"
Unless debating about religious doctrine, the bible is almost never acceptable (in professional debates) as a legitimate reason to avoid or condone an act.

"I sit in class mindin mine and my partners own business. A teacher will walk up too you and start yelling at you because she thinks your off topic which you weren't."
Your own experiences are almost never acceptable as evidence as there is quite a bit of bias in them.

" People don't understand us students don't even have the right to speak in a class and ask help from a fellow student. It is disrespectful they say when they won't step up and teach the class when you don't teach then what's the point in giving kids something they don't know and expect them to know it if you don't teach!"

Not teaching is different than not respecting. Not teaching (in some regards) is disrespect, and your debate is for respect, not against disrespect. I believe your entire argument was just personal experiences and bashing disrespect. You are allowing your own beliefs and experiences control your ability to debate and the result is a complaint, not a well constructed argument. Let me remind you, this is not a website for complaining. Please take your problems elsewhere.

http://www.vocabulary.com...
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...;
99999999Cw

Pro

99999999Cw forfeited this round.
sherlockholmesfan2798

Con

My points still stand.
99999999Cw

Pro

99999999Cw forfeited this round.
sherlockholmesfan2798

Con

My points still stand.
99999999Cw

Pro

99999999Cw forfeited this round.
sherlockholmesfan2798

Con

My points still stand.
99999999Cw

Pro

99999999Cw forfeited this round.
sherlockholmesfan2798

Con

My points still stand.
Posted by MorteConsumptis 2 years ago
MorteConsumptis
My mom is a teacher and I feel bad for her but kids have it pretty bad
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
I think that we should be thankful to our teachers because they suffer more stress than us. I know this because my mother is a teacher and she talks to me about all her problems about being a teacher. Believe me it's at least as stressful life as the student's.
Posted by Dheu 2 years ago
Dheu
@RevNge Agreed.