Aviaopereira
DoctorFight

Review the meaning of racism.

Aviaopereira

Pro

Nowadays we are starting to see that the minorities are being racist against white people in common and that it isn't considered racism because it's from the minorities against the majority, however if a white person incidentally says the "N word" suddenly he or she gets called racist now I know they were oppressed by us a few years ago, but me by not being racist having to constantly be called whitey and other names because of something done by my ancestors I think it isn't fair.
DoctorFight

Con

PREAMBLE:

The topic for this argument is vague at best, so I'm going to just reconstitute it as "racism against the majority is as bad as racism against the minority", to which I am con. Yes, I know that the dictionary definition of racism just means "based on race" but we all know what we're talking about here so nobody has to get all pedantic about it.

Now for my argument:

Often those who use terms like "reverse racism" are subject to a certain degree of ignorant myopia; we do not exist in a vacuum, and what we say does not either. The oppression of ethnic minorities is not simply something confined to the past - we live in a world where, like it or not, people who are not white don't get half the opportunities that you do because of the colour of their skin. Your mere existence and the subconscious racial bias you bring with you is what makes life as a minority difficult and while I'm not defending the use of racial epitaphs such as "whitey" or "cracker" the context of their use and their meaning is far, far, far less offensive than "incidentally" uttering the word "nigger".
Aviaopereira

Pro

Aviaopereira forfeited this round.
DoctorFight

Con

DoctorFight forfeited this round.
Aviaopereira

Pro

Aviaopereira forfeited this round.
DoctorFight

Con

DoctorFight forfeited this round.
Posted by DoctorFight 1 year ago
DoctorFight
Just wanna say I totally won this.
Posted by DoctorFight 1 year ago
DoctorFight
Just wanna say I totally won this.
Posted by near 2 years ago
near
What exactly is the argument of this debate? Racism per se is generally defined as stereotyping people of the same race. Of course, it is incidental however that the purpose of such is to compare who is more superior but that isn't the essence of racism. Perhaps what you are talking about is racial discrimination?