BLAHthedebator
TurleDoveSammie

Rev's Music Tourney

Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 4/11/2015 Category: Music

BLAHthedebator

Pro

This is the music debate for Rev's Music Tourney.

==Rules (taken from PM)==

Contestant Guidelines:
1. Any type of instrument/vocals are permitted; however, you may not edit your videos to add additional elements that you did not legitimately perform. Audio and visual enhancement are, of course, allowed, but crossovers, mashups, autotune, etc. are prohibited.
2. You may not ask judges to vote for you.
3. There are no specific length requirements for your songs. Be mindful of the duration, however.
4. If your songs include lyrics, make certain that there is no excessively inappropriate material (e.g. cursing: a couple of words are acceptable, but rants riddled with such are not allowed).
5. Other than this, there is really no restriction in what you select to play.
6. Do not complain about the votes the judges give you.
7. You (yes you) must be the only one performing the song.
8. Failure to uphold any of these rules may result in a deduction of points or disqualification, depending on the severity.

Judge Guidelines:
1. You are required to vote on at least two out of the four matchups in each round. Failure to do so may get you replaced as a judge.
2. The voting criteria is as follows: The voting criteria is as follows. Arguments: General performance. Sources: Difficulty of the song. S&G: Expression. Conduct: Interpretation. If you do not know what musical expression and interpretation is, then please don"t act as if you know what you"re talking about in your RFD and just leave it blank. You are welcome to ask questions in your group PM if you wish, however.
3. If you feel as if your vote may be biased, please notify me prior to the voting period of the debate which you feel as you will be biased on.
4. Please do not make any biased votes.
5. Failure to uphold the above rules could result in your immediate replacement as a judge, depending on the severity.

I look forward to a very musical and melodious debate!
TurleDoveSammie

Con

I am choosing, "Lead Me to the Cross" because at the moment of my life I feel like I have somewhat drifted from my faith and my prayers is that I am lead to God always even in my weakest point in life; just because outwardly I may seem alright and getting through life doesn't mean I really am either of these. So this is why I chose to sing this song and sorry if it is not my best, but at the moment is was my best and its from my heart.

Here are the lyrics:

Lead Me to the Cross:

Savior I come
I quiet my soul remember
Redemption's hill
where your blood was spilled
for my ransom
everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Chorus.

Lead me to the Cross
Where your love poured out
bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
rid me of myself
I belong to you
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
tempted and trialed
human
the Word became flesh
bore my sin and death
now your risen
everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Chorus.

To your heart
to your heart
lead me to the cross
lead me to the cross

Chorus.

http://www.smule.com...;

BLAHthedebator

Pro

I will have to skip this round as I am having technical difficulties with my mic. I will post two songs in the next round. I apologize to my opponent and all readers and voters could simply vote conduct to my opponent other than using it for the purposes shown.

I would also like to ask my opponent that since she started in the first roundd she should waive her last round.

Again, I apologize to all readers and my opponent.
TurleDoveSammie

Con

Found by You:
http://www.smule.com...

Here is the first song I did (I hope they actually work.)

Lead me to the Cross:
http://www.smule.com...
BLAHthedebator

Pro

...

Once again, I have technical difficulties with sound quality...

Rev has informed me that only one song is needed for each debate, so if I post my argument in the last round then it's okay.

I apologize (again) for the inconvenience.
TurleDoveSammie

Con

TurleDoveSammie forfeited this round.
BLAHthedebator

Pro

*Facepalm*

Okay, the microphone issue is fixed but I fixed it too late...

I'll send my piece to my opponent so that she can post it, along with her selection between her two pieces so that voters can judge.

I am very sorry about delaying the debate so much, I just really want to compete and I don't want to forfeit, it would be really disrespectful to my opponent.
TurleDoveSammie

Con

Im sorry for my FF, I have been so busy. And hope you are able to get your mic and things fixed. Best wishes to your round.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
You guys can go ahead and restart your debate.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Oh. Well, more than three or four songs seems to be too much for people, lol.
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
Oh, so NOOOOOWWWWWWW you tell us...
Posted by TurleDoveSammie 2 years ago
TurleDoveSammie
on a 4 round debate??? thats cray!
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Oh shizzles.

Marie, you're only supposed to do one song for this. LOL
Posted by TurleDoveSammie 2 years ago
TurleDoveSammie
btw, Rev, it my second round sounds a bit echoy only because I was at a spot where there was a lot of space and could sing as loud as I wanted so yeah. Hope that is alright.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Conduct is for interpretation m8

And it's not a forfeit if you still post your song.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
First round is acceptance, lol. And make sure to repost the link so that it works. :3