CrusaderDebater
brittwaller

Richard Petty is the best NASCAR driver is the history of NASCAR

CrusaderDebater
Started: 9/21/2009 Category: Sports

CrusaderDebater

Pro

Richard Lee Petty (born July 2, 1937) is a former NASCAR driver who raced in the Strictly Stock/Grand National Era and the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. "The King", as he is nicknamed, is most well-known for winning the Nascar Championship seven times (Dale Earnhardt is the only other driver to accomplish this feat), winning a record 200 races during his career, winning the Daytona 500 a record seven times, and winning a record 27 races (ten of them consecutively) in the 1967 season alone. (A 1972 rule change eliminated races under 250 miles (400 km) in length, reducing the schedule to 30 [now 36] races.) Petty is widely considered one of the greatest NASCAR drivers of all time. He also collected a record number of poles (127) and over 700 top-ten finishes in his 1,185 starts, including 513 consecutive starts from 1971-1989.

So as you can see, he has the most poles, most wins and is tied for most championships. He has the most wins at the Daytona 500, and is even nicknamed "The King." Kings are always the highest level and rule over everybody.

I would like tto thank whoever shall accept this debate.
brittwaller

Con

You're welcome.

This will be a straight-up debate, no semantics.

RESOLVED: "Richard Petty is the best NASCAR driver is not the history of NASCAR"

"Richard Lee Petty (born July 2, 1937) is a former NASCAR driver who raced in the Strictly Stock/Grand National Era and the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. "The King", as he is nicknamed, is most well-known for winning the Nascar Championship seven times (Dale Earnhardt is the only other driver to accomplish this feat), winning a record 200 races during his career, winning the Daytona 500 a record seven times, and winning a record 27 races (ten of them consecutively) in the 1967 season alone. (A 1972 rule change eliminated races under 250 miles (400 km) in length, reducing the schedule to 30 [now 36] races.) Petty is widely considered one of the greatest NASCAR drivers of all time. He also collected a record number of poles (127) and over 700 top-ten finishes in his 1,185 starts, including 513 consecutive starts from 1971-1989.

So as you can see, he has the most poles, most wins and is tied for most championships. He has the most wins at the Daytona 500, and is even nicknamed "The King." Kings are always the highest level and rule over everybody."

-Irrelevant. This is the history, abridged at that, of only Richard Petty and not NASCAR. Better histories can be found here:
http://www.nascar.com...

Thank you for this debate.

Britt
CrusaderDebater

Pro

Thank you for accepting the challenge Britt.

This is relevant because the resolution is "Richard Petty is the best NASCAR driver is the history of NASCAR."

In my first argument I stated a history of Richard Petty's NASCAR career. So it is a history of Richard Petty while he was in NASCAR. Therefore this is a relevant point.

http://www.racing-reference.info...
Here you can find the entire career of Richard Petty.

Thank you for the argument.
GAC3
brittwaller

Con

I appreciate your sportsmanship.

Extend all arguments.

Vote Con
CrusaderDebater

Pro

I appreciate your sportsmanship as well. It's nice debating someone who doesn't get angry at every arguement.

I will extend all arguments as well.

http://www.racing-reference.info......

That is my argument from the previous round.

With that, I can see nothing but an affirmative ballot.

brittwaller

Con

"I appreciate your sportsmanship as well. It's nice debating someone who doesn't get angry at every arguement[sic]."

- Indeed.

"I will extend all arguments as well.
This is relevant because the resolution is 'Richard Petty is the best NASCAR driver is the history of NASCAR.'

In my first argument I stated a history of Richard Petty's NASCAR career. So it is a history of Richard Petty while he was in NASCAR. Therefore this is a relevant point."

- To sum up, even if Richard Petty were the best driver (in NASCAR), this statement hardly comprises any semblance of NASCAR's history. Your resolution, differently worded, would read: "Richard Petty is the best driver; this is the history of NASCAR."

Of course, I suppose it does depend on what the meaning of the word "is" is:)

Britt
Posted by brittwaller 7 years ago
brittwaller
Turnabout is fair play I suppose. Still, no one has to e-crap on my record just because I won in the cheapest possible way. Thanks:)
Posted by brittwaller 7 years ago
brittwaller
Friendly advice: Read your resolution and debate a few times after you have written it, but before you post it.

Britt
Posted by SWfiend 7 years ago
SWfiend
I'm guessing that pro hasn't noticed the fact that he lost this debate once the first round con was posted. Haha, hilarious.
Posted by brittwaller 7 years ago
brittwaller
"LOL just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can trash talk it."
- Actually, that's exactly what it means. Ever been to the internet?

"I don't care if you disagree, but you don't need to say it's only a sport for Rednecks."
- No, that in fact did need to be said. 100% relevant.

@ Rezz: Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but it's better than beating a live one;)
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
Nobody is going to take this debate... PS. I hear the airforce is for pvssies :D
Posted by Rezzealaux 7 years ago
Rezzealaux
>>> Implies the only things that are said are necessary. Which is false.
Posted by knick-knack 7 years ago
knick-knack
But it IS just a sport for rednecks
Posted by CrusaderDebater 7 years ago
CrusaderDebater
I don't care if you disagree, but you don't need to say it's only a sport for Rednecks.
Posted by Rezzealaux 7 years ago
Rezzealaux
>>> What, people aren't allowed to disagree now?
Posted by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
i thought it was non athletic sport centered around redneck?
Vote Placed by CrusaderDebater 7 years ago
CrusaderDebater
CrusaderDebaterbrittwallerTied
Vote Placed by tmhustler 7 years ago
tmhustler
CrusaderDebaterbrittwallerTied