jsgolfer
Kinryu

Riddle battle

jsgolfer
Started: 1/15/2015 Category: Funny

jsgolfer

Con

A competition of wits and divergent thinking! The rules are:
Each person will post one riddle and answer the previous riddle from the opposition in each argument section. Riddles do not have to be original, and the answer must be evident in the riddle, i.e. if the person does not get it, after being told the answer, they would go "OH, I get it." No random answers to unrelated questions. Most right answers wins! No google searching for non-original riddle answers. Riddles must be between 5-40 words (short). First round is for acceptance, next three rounds are for riddles, last round pro answers to previous riddle, does not ask new riddle, battle is over. Con posts no argument for final round, so that both sides ask/answer three riddles. Good luck!
Kinryu

Pro

I accept, and look forward to interesting debate.
jsgolfer

Con

Thank you for accepting my challenge! Also, I am sorry to change the rules of the debate, but I forgot one rule: Math cannot be the basis for your riddle. (I am sorry I am adding this after the fact, if it loses me points or whatever, I don't really care.) I hope this does not ruin it for you.

Here is your first riddle:

Alone I am 24th, with a friend I am 20. Another friend and I am unclean. What am I?

Enjoy!
Kinryu

Pro

I admit I could not figure it out, so you win. I know the answer, since I looked it up after I gave up. Now for my riddle, which I made up.

I am clear, concise, responsive, bent. I can be the tempest, the harbinger of death, yet I am also the wellspring of the soul.

This is pretty hard (I think), but still possible. Good Luck!
jsgolfer

Con

Water?

If this is not the answer, here is some of my reasoning, maybe so that you could make your riddle better than it it (it was allready quite hard): Water is clear, water is easy to manipulate (responsive) and enacts forces upon forces that act upon it (surface tension) (responsive), the molecular geometry of the water molecule is bent. Tempest is a synonym for hurricane. Wellspring is the original source, souls, synonomous with human life, cannot exist without water.

Also, the answer to the first riddle is The letter/roman numeral X if anyone else was reading this debate and wanted to know the answer.

Your second riddle: (an easier one)

Two women were on vacation. They are found dead in a cabin on the side of a mountain. There was obviously a fire, but that's not how they died. What happened?
Kinryu

Pro

Damn it, your good! Yes, you are correct, it is water (I'll have to make it harder next time).

I believe the answer is that fell to their death/died from impact. They were on vacation (flying to destination), in a cabin (the part of an airplane in which the passengers sit) http://www.merriam-webster.com..., and the fire in the plane/engine, is why they crashed.

Now my riddle, a bit harder than before:

Infinity won, and 5 circlets. Two hands we were gifted. The Book of the Earth, Fire, Water, Air.

TherE are Many strategieS in Many liFestyles.

To that am I referring too?

Good Luck
jsgolfer

Con

You are correct! It was an airplane crash.

I'm going to go with "Yes" as my answer. Reasoning: To that am I referring too? Has only two answers, yes or no, because the only definition of the word "too" that makes sense here is as a synonym for in addition, or also. Unless we are using the old english too, which I do not believe is the case, since the rest of your riddle is in plain english. Why yes and not no? I guessed. I like 50-50 odds.

Unless of course, this was a typo, in which case the riddle should be thrown out.

Here is your third riddle (one of my own)

Clothed in purity i stand, motionless but moving, and not on solid ground. Next to me are more who dare, likewise clothed in heavy air.

Who am I?
Kinryu

Pro

Sorry, that was a typo. It's supposed to be 'to'. I'll have a new riddle, but if you want, you can try figuring it out.

I believe the answer to your riddle is a cloud. My thinking: purity is associated with white, clouds look to be standing still, but they are actually moving. Clouds are composed of solid, liquid, and gas, and thus heavier than the air around them.

My riddle:

We hurt without moving. We poison without touching. We bear the truth and the lies. We are not to be judged by our size.What are we?
jsgolfer

Con

Your answer was very close, but does not answer the "more who dare" part of the riddle. The answer is a sailor. He is dressed in white, stands still on a ship's deck but the ship is moving, he is not on land (solid ground) but in the ocean, sailors are characterized as adventurous and daring. Two things, the motionless and uniform clothing (likewise clothed) that is white indicate that he is a military member, in this case a sailor. They are all in heavy air because the air at sea level is the most dense.

My answer: words?
I was torn between "books" and "words", I decided you do kind of touch books. Neither should be judged by size, both can bear the truth and lies.

Unless I got that one right, I believe we are still tied at 1 correct answer apiece, and if we are to throw out the one riddle with a typo, there is no way for me to give you a new riddle without having less riddles myself, so at this point, the debate is over. Thank you so much for a very fun debate!
Kinryu

Pro

Yes, the answer is words, though I see how books could be an answer. Thanks for the entertaining debate!

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men." - Musashi
Posted by jsgolfer 1 year ago
jsgolfer
Well, I have no idea what you are talking about, but thanks for not doing whatever it was. This is the "funny" section of debates, doing something showing a lack of integrity here would be kinda dickish.
Posted by Kinryu 1 year ago
Kinryu
It was tempting, I admit, but hey, bushido all the way!
Posted by m8 1 year ago
m8
And indeed Kinryu does!
Posted by m8 1 year ago
m8
Hopefully Kinryu has integrity and doesn't do what my first instinct was to do.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
jsgolferKinryuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro couldn't get several riddles.