BillyTheKids
THEPRO56

Riddles! Riddle me this...

BillyTheKids

BillyTheKids

Pro

We create our own riddles... We try to stump each other...
THEPRO56

Con

I accept your challenge. Riddle me away.
BillyTheKids

Pro

Just to clarify you must give me a riddle as well...

I sink but do not drown, I smile and frown, I spend my days where you cannot, and I always have a target to get... what am I?

Answer... I look forward to your answer and my riddle. We have no riddles in the final round...
THEPRO56

Con

Ok. This is interesting but not obvious. Ill have to examine each line It gather clues.

I sink but do not drown,

Well this implies that the subject of this riddle seems to sink into something, perhaps water. The fact it doesn't drown could be because it is a non living object.

I smile and frown,

This line hints at the fact the subject seems to have a face or at least resembles these facial expressions. I cannot gather much from this yet. I will return to it when I gather more information.

I spend my days where most cannot,

Now it seems that if the subject does submerge in an unspecified medium, it must be somewhere that people cannot be there for a long time.

I always have a target to get,

Now I get the impression that the subject has been in the medium looking for something. This is indeed very interesting.

After thinking over the lines the answer I put forward is .... A FISHING HOOK

Here are my reasons:

- A Fishing hook, after being cast is left to sink into the water but doesn't drown as it is a inanimate object. This means it can sink without ever drowning
- The fishing hook also resembles a smile and a frown at different angles due to it's shape. This is why they smile and frown.
- Fishing hooks, being submerged in water are in places where we cannot stay for a long time.
- Now the fishing hooks are submerged for one reason, to catch fish. This is a target that they seek.

Now I will give you my riddle:

I have one, you have one.
If you remove the first letter, a bit remains.
If you remove the second, bit still remains.
After much trying, you might be able to remove the third one also, but it remains.
It dies hard!
BillyTheKids

Pro

BillyTheKids forfeited this round.
THEPRO56

Con

THEPRO56 forfeited this round.
BillyTheKids

Pro

I have one, you have one.

This is stating if you have it, you have it, making it an animate object or something that you can have like a emotion.

a_bit litterally meaning you will have the letters a-b-i-t.

Again, the word bit will remain there

Again stating that the word it will remane

It dies hard!

The answer is the word and thing habit. my riddle will be

It has a head and a tail, but not any arms nor legs, it is also brown...
THEPRO56

Con

THEPRO56 forfeited this round.
BillyTheKids

Pro

Well I have nothing to go off of, so I therefor I win?

If anything answer to riddles then,

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! You probably won't, at first, find anything particularly odd or unusual or in any way dissimilar to any ordinary composition. That is not at all surprising, for it is no strain to accomplish in so short a paragraph a stunt similar to that which an author did throughout all of his book, without spoiling a good writing job, and it was no small book at that. By studying this paragraph assiduously, you will shortly, I trust, know what is its distinguishing oddity. Upon locating that "mark of distinction," you will probably doubt my story of this author and his book of similar unusuality throughout. It is commonly known among book-conscious folk and proof of it is still around.
THEPRO56

Con

THEPRO56 forfeited this round.
Posted by Ian159 4 years ago
Ian159
There are no e's!!! :D
Posted by THEPRO56 4 years ago
THEPRO56
Dammit. Well since i missed so many rounds i guess pro wins for conduct. Sorry for not making this a as it was intended. I really thought i could do it all but life got in the way.
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
Thats not much to go off of and btw please post your argument
Posted by THEPRO56 4 years ago
THEPRO56
The answer is that the horse's name was friday, not the days he went in or out of the town.

Here is the riddle I was going to post for round 3:

Why wasn't Babra, Josaphine and Wilfred put into jail after killing many civillians,
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
Sorry, I was busy over the weekend, is it, none...

and also, my riddle is

The cowboy rode into town on Friday, he stayed for three days and then left on Friday. How?
Posted by THEPRO56 4 years ago
THEPRO56
ok... the round has been forfieted

what happens.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 4 years ago
KingDebater
BillyTheKidsTHEPRO56Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.