Thesilence
ChauChau-AL

River Song was wrong to change the fixed point in time in 'the wedding of river song'

Thesilence

Pro

hey Al! Yes you know who I am ^^ I'm your dear pal Alexander. If you don't take this debate, I'll slobber you at school. Also first round is for acception only~

Al, just take this debate!!!!!!!!!
ChauChau-AL

Con

Hey~Alexander~~
Thank you for posting this debate.
I look forward for a great debate!
Lets not insult the preciousness and the greatness of Doctor Who!!!!!
And please forgive my grammar, you know! I'm KOREAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And you are as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Wow~Al is calling me Al??? Haha!)
P.S=Can you slobber me??? I might slobber you first!!BEWARE~~~~~~~~~~~
Thesilence

Pro

Hi again, I think most of you will know Doctor who(or not) Also I guess most of you saw 'the wedding of River Song' or not :( So,I'll start with a brief introduction:) Spoilers~ hahahahahaha

"The Wedding of River Song" is the thirteenth and final episode of the sixth series of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, and was first broadcast on BBC One, BBC America and Space on 1 October 2011.

The Doctor, aware of his imminent death at the fixed point of time on 22 April 2011 at Lake Silencio, attempts to track down the Silence to learn why he must die. He encounters the Teselecta shapeshifting robot and its miniaturised crew who are currently posing as one of the members of the Silence; they offer him any help within their power as he faces his death. Through them, the Doctor is led to the living head of Dorium Maldovar, one of the Doctor's allies taken by the Order of the Headless Monks. Dorium reveals that the Silence is dedicated to averting the Doctor's "terrifying" future, warning him that "On the fields of Trenzelor, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked—one that must never be answered. And Silence must fall when the question is asked." The Doctor continues to refuse to go to Lake Silencio until he discovers his old friend Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart has passed away, at which point he accepts his fate. To avoid crossing his own time stream, he gives the Teselecta crew the envelopes to deliver to Amy, Rory, River Song, Canton Everett Delaware III, and a younger version of himself, inviting them to witness his death.

As shown in "The Impossible Astronaut", the Doctor joins his friends at Lake Silencio and then approaches the astronaut, now known to be a younger version of River Song trained to kill the Doctor by the Silence and Madame Kovarian. River does not want to kill him but is unable to fight the suit's control. The Doctor shows River her future self standing alongside Amy and Rory, and informs her she will be sentenced to Stormcage prison for killing him, as evidence that her killing him is inevitable and tells her that he forgives her. River, despite his warning against interfering with a fixed point, surprises the Doctor by draining the astronaut suit's weapons systems, averting his death. Time becomes "stuck" as a result and begins to disintegrate; all of Earth's history begins to happen all at once at a fixed moment of 5:02 p.m. on 22 April 2011.

In a time-confused London, Holy Roman Emperor Winston Churchill takes the Doctor, his "soothsayer", out from his locked cell to ask him about the stuck time. The Doctor explains the preceding events, but notices they have lost track of time and tally marks are appearing on his arms, indicating the presence of the Silence. After they observe a nest overhead, they are rescued by Amy and a squad of soldiers under her command. Due to the effects of the crack in her bedroom, Amy is cognisant of the altered timeline, though she has failed to notice that her trusted captain is Rory. Amy takes the Doctor to "Area 52", a hollowed-out pyramid among the Giza Necropolis, where they have captured over a hundred Silence and Madame Kovarian. River is also there, aware her actions have frozen time and refusing to allow the Doctor to touch her, an event that would "unstick" time and allow it to resume. They all wear "eyedrives"—external memory eye patches identical to the one worn by Madame Kovarian—which enable them to avoid the memory alterations caused by the Silence.

They soon come to realise that this was a trap arranged by Kovarian, as the Silence begin to escape confinement and overload the eyedrives, torturing their users. The Doctor and River escape to the top of the pyramid while Amy and Rory fight off a wave of Silence and Amy realises who Rory is. Madame Kovarian discovers her own eyedrive is being overloaded; she dislodges it, but Amy forces it back in place with the intention of killing her, explaining that this is revenge for her taking Melody (River Song, her child) away. Amy and Rory regroup with River and the Doctor. River tries to convince the Doctor that this frozen timeline is acceptable and that he does not have to die, but the Doctor explains that all of reality will soon break down. The Doctor marries River on the spot, whispers something in her ear, declaring that he had just told her his name. He then requests that River allow him to prevent the universe's destruction. The two kiss, and reality begins to return to normal. At Lake Silencio, River kills the Doctor.

Some time later, Amy and Rory are visited by River, shortly after the events of "Flesh and Stone" in River's timeline. When Amy explains that she had recently witnessed the Doctor's death and regrets killing Kovarian, River reveals that the Doctor lied when he said he told her his name; instead he had said "Look into my eye". The Doctor had asked the Teselecta to masquerade as him at Lake Silenco, and the Doctor and his TARDIS had been miniaturised within it ever since. The three celebrate the news that the Doctor is still alive. Elsewhere, the Doctor takes Dorium's head back to where it was stored; the Doctor explains that his perceived death will enable him to be forgotten as he had been getting "too big". As the Doctor leaves, Dorium warns him that the question still awaits him, and calls it after him: "Doctor who?"

I'll start with my arguments~~~~~~~

My argument is that the existence of the Doctor threatened the universe. When river song did not kill the doctor time broke up. It caused time to stop at exactly at 5:02 and also let history happen all at once. The doctor said himself that his existence is threatening the universe and time is dying every second he breathes. Do you really think the life of one time lord would be more important than the universe?? Do you really think its worth it to save the doctor for letting him live more for a few years in the process of the universe dying?? I know it's short but I'll end my speech here:)
ChauChau-AL

Con

ChauChau-AL forfeited this round.
Thesilence

Pro

My opponent has not uploaded his arguments nor refutated my arguments so my arguments are still strong and I am currently winning this debate.
ChauChau-AL

Con

ChauChau-AL forfeited this round.
Thesilence

Pro

You EMBARASS me Al. Now nobody is going to vote. How great is that?
ChauChau-AL

Con

ChauChau-AL forfeited this round.