RagingBull
Anonymous

Robert De Niro better actor than Al Pacino

RagingBull

Pro

I believe that Robert De Niro is a greater actor than Al Pacino although of course Al Pacino has his moments but can be a bit overrated.
Anonymous

Con

Since you made no arguments to support your opening statement, can only assume you want me to make the first point. 1 word: Scarface. That movie alone gives Al Pacino more points than Deniro could get for all of his good movies combined. (I'm only counting the good ones that each have done, if you want to consider the bad also Pacino still wins.) Then there is the quality of the acting. Deniro gets parts that he isn't really right for, just because hes Daniro. When I saw him ioin casino with that curly haired guy trying to act like a couple of gangsters I laughed spontaneously throughout the movie just at their acting. A good actor knows what roles he can really make work, and if you ask me a good movie was ruined because of a poor choice of leading roles. Everything Pacino has ever done was golen. Deniro gets a good movie now and then, but America can never forgive him for the meet the faukers saga.
RagingBull

Pro

I respect your opinion and wish you luck in this debate. I do however have to disagree with your one word with one word of my own : overrated. Scarface has always been overrated to me, although a great cult classic, people have always given it too much credit. It became huge because it was the first of its kind with the story of a huge drug dealer that had a downfall. Look at all the movies now that follow the same cliche. De Niro gets great parts and like Pacino he puts himself in his role and really gets emotional with it (which is why they are who they are). For example we have the film Raging Bull in which De Niro won an oscar for Best Actor and he had to gain almost 50 pounds for the end of the film. Talk about dedication? In the film Heat, De Niro and Pacino face off against each other and De Niro clearly takes the stage and gives a great performance as the villian and lost romantic. The movie Casino was directed by Martin Scorcese and you have to remember that he directed Robert De Niro in previous movie classics like Taxi Driver, King of Comedy, Goodfellas, and Raging Bull. His characters vary from gangster to sinner gone holy in The Mission or soldier coming back from the Vietnam war in Deer Hunter in which he delivers a unforgettable strong performance alongside Christopher Walken. So many movies that people have not seen either like him alongside Robin Williams in Awakenings where he plays a mentally ill patient at a hospital in which he does very well. You cant speak for everyone when it comes to Meet the Fockers which alot of people enjoyed anyways, but since you want to speak of forgiveness, I will not forgive Pacino for Gigli and Oceans Thirteen. I do respect his roles especially in Godfather, but wait, De Niro had a role in that too :)
Anonymous

Con

Anonymous forfeited this round.
RagingBull

Pro

My belief still stands...
Anonymous

Con

Anonymous forfeited this round.
Posted by RagingBull 8 years ago
RagingBull
yeah they are together in a few including most recent Righteous Kill
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Which makes it even easier to rate their performances!
Posted by kcdebate09 8 years ago
kcdebate09
Wow. Um...you know anout their movie together, right?
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
are you talkin to me?