DefineRich
Hylian_3000

Roblox is a childish game

Hylian_3000
Started: 12/10/2014 Category: Games

DefineRich

Pro

Round 1 : Acceptance
Round 2: Opening statement
Round 3: Main points
Round 4: Closing statement

Anyone is free to join this argument. Good luck!
DefineRich

Pro

First of all, I would like to say that, Roblox is a childish game as you can see from the tile. When I first got introduced to Roblox, it was just a bunch of big fat lego figures with bad effects whenever you walked. Roblox may came out earlier than Minecraft, but Minecraft is like the better version of Roblox. Minecraft is just a one time buy, than you can play whenever you want! Minecraft includes texturepacks, mods and many more stuff you don't find in Roblox!

Minecraft can be used to plan out your builds in terms of business and for fun! Everytime there is an update in Minecraft, it increases the players experiences on the game! Roblox, you may play a lot of minigames such as, black ops, Slender and mucm more, which I agree is great, but what I don't get is why the sound effects whenever you walk are terrible!

I forgot to say that you can state your own opinions for round 1!

GL
Hylian_3000

Con

1. Programming
ROBLOX is site for games, not a game. You don't see a game called ROBLOX on the site, now do you? One thing I like to think ROBLOX is is that it's a game engine. If you have ever tried to make a game on ROBLOX you know that it's downright impossible to make a game on build mode. Instead, you open the program called "ROBLOX studio" that was downloaded along with the ROBLOX player. When you open it up you get this screen: http://blog.roblox.com...
As you can see, there are a lot of options, not just "build what you want with these blocks". Here, you have to make your own textures (well, you don't HAVE to, it makes the game better though). So, a child could do that right? Let me introduce you to one of the things that make ROBLOX unique, programming. Do you have to program in Minecraft to build a "game", no. What child would know how to script, and then put it all together? This makes it so the games can be so different.

2. Games
Pro argues that you can play anything on Minecraft. My question is; can you? Sure, you can play survival, sandbox, shooters, and RPGs on Minecraft. But it's hindered by Minecraft's already in game mechanics which you HAVE to work with. In ROBLOX you can make... Well pretty much anything. Survival, Sandbox, Building, RPG, Simulations, Shooters (with actual guns with good sound effects, and SCOPES) RTS, etc. As you can see there's a lot of games for adults to play too, and it doesn't get boring with all the games on the site. Unlike Minecraft's repetitive gameplay.

3. Sound Effects
Pro argues one of the reasons why ROBLOX is childish is because of the terrible walk sound effect? The newest updates have made the sound effect better (and it wasn't bad in the first place), plus there are a lot more sound effects on ROBLOX. Plus, you can make your own music, not Minecraft's, boring, repetitive and calm music. The sound effects can actually be pretty good if done correctly.
DefineRich

Pro

DefineRich forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

Forfeit? I will see if my opponent tries to argue in the last round.
DefineRich

Pro

DefineRich forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

I cannot extend my arguments any further. My opponent has forfeited and therefore my arguments still stand.

Vote Con!
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
sure
Posted by Hylian_3000 2 years ago
Hylian_3000
Wait, can I rebut?
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
Please try not to use your opinions and use more facts instead! ty
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
DefineRichHylian_3000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited multiple rounds which is rarely acceptable behavior in any debate setting. S&G - Tie. Both had adequate spelling and grammar. Arguments - Con. Pro needed to uphold the burden of showing that roblox is a childish game. While Pro presented a compelling case at first, there were then no rebuttals given after Con presented counter-arguments. Due to Con's challenges being left standing unchallenged, Con wins arguments. Sources - Con. Pro failed to utilize sources in this debate whereas Con did.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
DefineRichHylian_3000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture