levimeyers2016
Enceladus

Roblox is horrible, and is nothing compared to minecraft.

Enceladus
Started: 5/12/2015 Category: Games

levimeyers2016

Pro

Roblox is worse than minecraft in (almost) every single way. Minecraft has much better physics, better graphics, more mature people (on average) and has much more to offer.
Enceladus

Con

Your debate:

----

Minecraft is directed at a certain age group, while Roblox isn't. Roblox is directed at many ages. Still, I don't play Roblox that often, but I like it more than Minecraft.

Physics?

Roblox has a lot of physics, which you probably haven't explored.

Definition of Physics:

The branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. The subject matter of physics includes mechanics, heat, light and other radiation, sound, electricity, magnetism, and the structure of atoms.

Roblox has mechanics.

You cannot feel heat in Minecraft or Roblox so that doesn't count.

Roblox has light

Roblox has many mini-games, in which can have radiation, Minecraft does not have this unless you install some sort of mod.

Sound? Roblox has it, sounds of blocks falling.

Electricity? Yeah! The models can have electricity to run them.

Magnets? Yeah, but you need to mod Minecraft to do so.

Atoms? Well, considering they're not real in games, but yeah, to the characters they are made of atoms.

Graphics?

Minecraft is 32-bit, Minecraft could be 8-bit if they wanted to. Roblox is free... but what do you expect, it's free, but the games are very fun!

Mature?

Hah, when I've been on the servers it has been 9 year-old children... with bad grammar. Most of all they swear. No one spams on Roblox unless you use a strange hack, but it's very rare. No, Minecraft has spammers everywhere, spamming,
"Come to our shop, selling heads for $5!"
or different and rude things.
levimeyers2016

Pro

levimeyers2016 forfeited this round.
Enceladus

Con

You've given me nothing to debate about, therefore I have nothing to say.
levimeyers2016

Pro

My most sincere apologies for forfeiting the previous round. I was on a small vacation. By physics, i was referring to laws of motion, gravity etc. While Minecraft can allow you to fall any height if you fall into deep enough water, Roblox has horrid motion, as though on ice skates. Minecraft does have light. torches, glowstone, even lava. In response to maturity, you must have not been on a decent server. Many servers have 6 year olds yes. However, many servers have a whitelist the requires you to be of a certain age. Sound, roblox has a very annoying soundtrack. Minecraft, soothing. Minecraft has more "atoms" as it has more textures, more blocks, etc. Roblox is free, yes, but its another one of those pay to win games. you pay, and get more in game money, to get VIP, or skins, etc. Roblox may have adults, but so does Minecraft. The latter more commonly. Spammers, consider finding a server with an anti spam plugin. I thank my opponent for his/her worthy fight, and wish him/her the best of luck in the voting round.
Enceladus

Con

Your argument:

Ah, Isaac Newton's laws of motion.

The First Law: An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.
This law is often called
"the law of inertia".

Hm, a force applied to change it? Considering this, Roblox does have this, a certain force applied (Whether it's horizontal or vertical) will change a block, either landing on it or using some sort of script.

The Second Law:
Acceleration is produced when a force acts on a mass. The greater the mass (of the object being accelerated) the greater the amount of force needed (to accelerate the object).

Hm, not many games have this. Roblox and Minecraft do not have this so this does not count.

The Third Law:
For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.

This happens in both, especially in Roblox. It's like pushing a mine-cart to a wall. Considering objects in both games can push each-other, this is an equal tie.

----

Gravity?

Every game has gravity, gravity pulls us down, hence there is gravity in Roblox.

----

Falling into water?

Did you not consider that if you fall into water (from such a great height) that you could badly hurt yourself? It could be bloating or anything.

---

Motion?

Considering that you don't have to pay for this, I think the motion is fine. Roblox has light. torches, glowstone and lava, since people can make their own models.

----

Decent server?

I have been on Minecraft for four years, I've been on every public (and some private) server(s) under the sun, all of whom have had spammers and nine years.

-----

Sound?

I don't recall having a soundtrack. The definition of soundtrack is this:
a recording of the musical accompaniment of a film.
Hm, there's no music, only noises.

-----

Atoms?

Considering textures, no, many people create their own textures for their own models.

-----

Pay to win?

I do agree that some people feel the need to pay for a special membership, hm, but you really don't have to, it's not something I bother about.

-----

Adults?

To be an adult you have to be 18 or over. Hm, no, never seen an eighteen year-old on those servers.

----

Anti-Spam plugin?

People can break this... since they enjoy disturbing other peoples games. Hackers specifically can do this, they can hack their-self back into the server, anything.

----

I also wish you the best of luck in the voting period.
Posted by slicers9 1 year ago
slicers9
To EnderMC546:
Modding minecraft is easy but what about mods that don't exist? Those are more complicated than simply downloading something. Also mods are player-made so they're not truly part of the game. I've played both games but i haven't built anything really on Roblox and just played on maps created by others so I can't say much to the building aspect of your argument. Minecraft is primarily based on exploration and building and took a turn to adventure with combat. Roblox is more based on building things like creating an adventure or games. There are also other ways to annoy someone in Minecraft other than in chats like destroy your buildings or them preventing you from doing certain things. I once played on a server where i had lava poured on my house and everything broken and that person was never banned from that server or punished. Also some servers don't have /ignore (username). Also who cares about how popular a game is? Games like Dota 2 or the Final Fantasy series have better quality than Minecraft and they aren't as popular as Minecraft. Also the fact that you say "BUDDER!" and "HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!" shows how immature you are because it's supposed to be a inside joke for Sky and his friends but became a much larger joke through his videos and people started to use it. The fact that one of your reasons why Minecraft is severely better is that its popular shows that you prefer to go with the masses. That and the fact that you use the "BUDDER!" as stated earlier. Also congrats on your grammar, it's really great.
Posted by EnderMC546 1 year ago
EnderMC546
roblox is nothing...compared to minecraft! Or any game in general. even survival craft! (a game that is only on mobile devices and doesn't have multiplayer) the graphics and character design is a fail and who even needs circles and spheres!!!!! because you can make circles out of squares anyway! plus modding minecraft is SUPER EASY so its as if you have every mod at your fingertips you just have to activate it (once you get forge) and there are so manny things mods can do (like add in circles) so there are infinite possibilities. also if i am correct there is no survival mode, so you cant start from scratch and build legit creations that are more impressive also i don't know how you build things in roblox but i don't think it works like minecraft creative mode so you can't have a timed building contest unless you meet up with another person and do it face to face. and about spamming in minecraft, there is a feature to only see commands in the minecraft multiplayer settings. so easy fix to that, and if it is a specific player bothering you then guess what! you can do /ignore <Player Username> and poof they disappear from the chat only on your client so it doesn't matter!!!!! bet roblox doesn't have that... and finally there are not as manny people playing roblox as there are playing minecraft. there are only about 4 million people playing and that seems like a lot but most are probably just an account that someone made thinking it would be fun but then realizing that its not fun after all. but then you look at minecraft and it says on the website that there are about 36 MILLION minecraft accounts. so even if half of these accounts are not being used anymore, it is still more than doubled the amount of roblox players than minecraft players. that HAS to be showing some popularity. and also i am very offended about what Enceleladus had to say about skydoesminecraft in my argument. BUDDER!!!! thats how you spell it!!!!!!!!!!! BUDDER! BUDDER! BUDDER! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!
Vote Placed by gabep 1 year ago
gabep
levimeyers2016EnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and Con had better arguments.