EnderMC546
Enceladus

Roblox sucks. MINECRAFT RULES THE GAMING UNIVERSE!

Enceladus
Started: 5/8/2015 Category: Games

EnderMC546

Pro

So I was browsing debates today and I came across minecraft vs. roblox. I play minecraft and I have played it for at least 3 years. I am a certified pro. So I got roblox and played it. And as soon as I booted up the game I realized why it was free! The graphics are terrible!!! I was terrified to see all the roundness... its probably the worst game iv ever seen. I would rather play...anything else! But minecraft... its the best! There are so Manny mods, so many servers, so many texture packs! So if you dont like how regular minecraft looks you can just get one you like! Also if you dont know what a mod is? Then just get on Google and type in Orespawn. Enough said. But if you want to play with your friends? Just get on a server! There are millions of servers out there! Plus people say that you can impliment new things into the game with a script thing or something? Well in minecraft that is just called a command block. Just search LogDotZip on YouTube and look at his one block commands series. Anyway! I probably just converted any...robloxer? Hmmmmm... well I just converted whatever you call a person that plays roblox, into a powerful minecrafter!!!

Before you go check out these videos:
*I did not make these*

Kewl Stuff
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
Enceladus

Con

Hajimashte,

I have also played Minecraft for a while, four years to be exact.

I first begin my argument by the way you've explained graphics. Roblox can have polygons and symmetrical items, that is what makes the game unique. It's graphics may be a little bit messy, but many don't pick on that since Roblox has thousands of fun, co-operative minigames. Minecraft is made out of blocks, I did get quite tired of that, since I used to go on mc.godworld, which is now closed.

Roundness?

Roblox has squares, hexagons, pentagons, parallelograms, decagons, nonagons and many other shapes.

Texture packs?

I find no difference with texture packs, you still have the same items with different textures. Many of them are disgusting and usually look like they have been made in five seconds. In Roblox, you can have many different blocks or make your own blocks.

How long have you played the game?

Hmm, seems like you just got the game, played one round of a game and uninstalled Roblox. Give the game a chance, the people are quite nice and you do get used to the 'round' graphics.

Defining your age group, Minecraft is directed at your age group.
EnderMC546

Pro

EnderMC546 forfeited this round.
Enceladus

Con

Since you've forfeited, I will begin my points on why I hate Minecraft.

Youtubers and their 'Let's play'.

Youtube is filled with 'Let's plays', in which I don't enjoy and so do many other people. These 'Let's plays' are usually modded and have stupid 9 year old kids shouting into a microphone about what they're going to do next. Youtube is full of these 'Let's plays', I really hope someone does something about this because last time I checked... Youtube was for 13 year olds.

9 Year Olds.

I hate this. Kids filled with bad grammar, influenced by the weapon slashing of the player. I usually feel they should be working on their grammar rather than learning things. These kids are mainly spammers and spam with their crappy grammar. They swear, they threat, they role-play as immoral people, they try to hack, they mod, they share information and many more things.

Updates and the fanbase.

Many of the fans claim they were there from the beginning of Minecraft, which to me is kind of disrespectful. Why was it disrespectful? Because I had been there for four years and they claim they've been there, supported them and watched the very things Notch did. No, no, I won't take that.

And now the updates. Minecraft has evolved and is still evolving. I don't like how they keep updating it to keep the players rolling in to get more money. In the old Minecraft, you had to think outside of the box, you had to go past the limits, you had to stretch your mind. This is no longer, there is many things on Minecraft that do the thinking for you.

SkyDoesMinecraft

Butter! Butter! Butter!
He's so annoying! He's too famous! His fans give him too much credit. I hope people with brains join youtube, in my eyes he's a wannabe celebrity. I know that he doesn't enjoy Minecraft, he does it for the money.
EnderMC546

Pro

Ok you made some good points on why you hate minecraft. But you didn't make any points on how you LIKE roblox! this is not a hate on minecraft debate this is a roblox vs minecraft debate. So go play roblox and then make you decision! I feel you would be glad to play minecraft with 9 year olds than play roblox with 5 year olds. And if you don't then i guess you should leave because this is not your debate.
Thank You.
Enceladus

Con

You hated on Roblox, so why can't I hate on Minecraft, I only made my points clear.

Your debate, you didn't even give one:
Thank You.

Leave the debate?! Why'd you post this then? I'm starting to think you're trolling.

You seem like a five year old, your lack of co-operation is disgusting, you can't even agree with someone on one of their points. Yeah, I'm going to be rude, what are you? Five? I can read and use better grammar than you, sorry, but this is the outcome.

Fine, I'll write why I like Roblox.

The Community.

Even if some people will ignore you time to time. The community is kind, many of whom have good grammar. Many accepted others with them, allowed others to join along with them, accepted criticism and are pretty much... kind.

Games.

Many mini-games are made, many of which are enjoyable. Minecraft has many boring mini-games.

Co-Operative.

To reach their goal at the end, they'll help eachother. Seen the game Jaws on Roblox? Everyone helps eachother, whether its pulling someone on a boat or telling them Jaws is coming.

There's many more... but I don't fancy listing them.

Oh yeah.

Mods in Minecraft don't count, since that's not the game. Making a world in Roblox is like making a mod.
EnderMC546

Pro

EnderMC546 forfeited this round.
Enceladus

Con

I have nothing to debate about, hence I cannot do this.
EnderMC546

Pro

EnderMC546 forfeited this round.
Enceladus

Con

Once again, I have nothing to debate about.
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
The reason why most parodies are animated is because minecraft is pretty "inflexible" and the player cannot do much actions.
Posted by slicers9 1 year ago
slicers9
Sorry in my previous comment when i said there was a debate in the link i meant the Epic rap battles of minecraft but thats a parody as well so disregard the "debate" part in that.
Posted by slicers9 1 year ago
slicers9
If this is really a debate on how Miecraft is better than Roblox then I can also use points on how Minecraft is bad as well as how i see it as good and also the same for Roblox. Not only that but the main point of this comment is to prove you wrong in your argument. "Certified" means "attest or confirm in a formal statement." and I'm sure you haven't been confirmed a pro in a formal statement. Graphics aren't important in a game because you're looking at "Minecraft" or a "not good looking game with it's blocky nature." If you want good graphics you should be looking at Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Remnant. Mods and texture packs are player-made and not really part of the game so you can't really count that within your argument as they're not truly in the game of Minecraft. Command blocks have set commands for them to be able to do. They do have a huge amount of possibilities though. I haven't seen LogDotZip's Command block series but i have a feeling that Sethbling can do it better. Also the videos placed in the debate are parodies and a debate not actual gameplay footage. Minecraft can get boring pretty quickly especially when certain "minigames" on servers are remade in other servers quickly. Roblox does have a bad community though and has bad looking things but whenever something becomes boring to you, you can swap to something new and fool around with that too like Gmod (except in my opinion Gmod is better). Also you shouldn't say that you converted someone without letting the entire debate play through. Why don't you try something different then what everyone else is doing? You may find something good.
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
And how do you know that you have a virus? You probably will have a virus after all that downloading. A hacker would not sent a pop up saying that you are infected. They must be secretive! When they rip off a game, they could make a few tweaks. Like in the doom 3 mod, you can hold a torchlight and a gun at the same time. Originally you couldn't. You can wear the mask and hold the torchlight in the minecraft five nights at freddys 2 mini game(which is cheating). Company created servers means servers made by Microsoft for minecraft.
Posted by EnderMC546 1 year ago
EnderMC546
This is a debate on the fact that minecraft is better than roblox. also isaacBigEars if you want a custom mod try out orespawn. and the mods that "rip off" minecraft are just improving minecraft to let people play every game inside the comfort of minecraft. and since mods are free they can't get sued. also IsaacBigEars
i have played minecraft for at least 3 years and downloaded mods for at least a year and have not came across a single mod that gave me a virus. also i don't know what you mean by company server but if you mean a private server you can just create you own. for free. and finally TheSupremeDebater it is about minecraft is better than roblox but IsaacBigEars and Enceladus Don't know how to read. I'm sorry about them...
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
I mean CON
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
Lol im helping pro because minecraft sucks.( I don't play roblox)
Mods are not minecraft, they often rip off other games too.
There is not a single company server in minecraft which means more lag and more people stuffed with RAM . Texture packs just make the game look different.
Worst of all anything created by the public(mods, adventure maps, Texture packs, SERVERS) can contain a virus and can kill your computer. Your parents are going to kill you if it happened.
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
'certified pro'.
lol, okay
Posted by TheSupremeDebater 1 year ago
TheSupremeDebater
Is the debate Minecraft is better than Roblox? Or Minecraft is the best game in general?
Vote Placed by Sarra 1 year ago
Sarra
EnderMC546EnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff I won't really know if roblox is better until I try it. The SAO roblox moderator looks a lot like a DDO member
Vote Placed by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
EnderMC546EnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: It is obvious Pro's english is very bad, he talks like a kid(well he and me are kids but you can talk like an adult since this is a debate). Too much ! Marks. Forfeiture. He never gave a proper rebuttal and make use of his text, especially accusing that con should leave the debate. His knowledge of debating is not there. However he is the only one who have cited links so he takes that cake. For the sources.
Vote Placed by PatriotPerson 1 year ago
PatriotPerson
EnderMC546EnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FFed and was and was inches away from committing Ad Hominem, he also made numerous grammatical errors. Con actually made good arguments, neither used sources.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
EnderMC546EnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.