ProDeo
breaxxbaxx

Rock Music is better than Hip Hop, Dubstep, and Rap.

ProDeo

Pro

First round is acceptance. I have one point. Rock music of any kind is better than rap, or hip hop, and dubstep.

I challenge anyone to say I am wrong.
breaxxbaxx

Con

I accept. This should be fun.
ProDeo

Pro

ProDeo forfeited this round.
breaxxbaxx

Con

It seems my opponent has forfeited this round. I suppose I'll begin.

I disagree with my opponent's contention that Rock music is better than Rap, Hip-Hop, and Dubstep. I'm actually a fan of all four genres, and believe that they all have something good and valuable to bring to the musical table.

I hear very often from people who believe that Rock music is a superier genre to Hip-Hop/Rap and Electronic music. One reason the people who take this stance typically give for feeling this way is that Rock bands typically contain members that plays "real" musical instruments such as guitar, bass, and/or drums. These "real" musical instruments are thought to be more authentic and legimate ways of making music than a computer or a synth which is what many Hip-Hop and Electronic procuders use to make their music. Now, of course, there are Hip-Hop/Rap artists that do use live instruments. NERD, Lauryn Hill, Lupe Fiasco, etc. all use live bands when playing shows and recording. The Roots, themselves, are a Hip-Hop/Rap band. So, this argument can't be applied to all Hip-Hop/Rap acts.

But in defense of the Hip-Hop and Dubstep producers that do utlize electronic production over writing songs on "real" instruments, I think what they're doing is just as valid as what musicians do. It certainly does take talent and a massive amount of creativity to accomplish something good in those genres. It is not the "lazy" way of making music either. Lots of effort most be put into it.

Now, Rap music takes a lot of criticism from Rock fans as well. Many make the claim that Rap takes no talent and is simply fast talking. This isn't true. It does take work and effort to become a talented rapper. There must be a consistent inner structure to the flow, rhyme, and rhytym of the words. Lots of creativity and thought most go into it.

I'll elaborate more on these points in the next round. Hopefully my opponent will show up, but I have a feeling that might not happen.

ProDeo

Pro

ProDeo forfeited this round.
breaxxbaxx

Con

My opponent has forfeited another round. I will wait until he participates (if he does) before I go any further in my arguments.
ProDeo

Pro

ProDeo forfeited this round.
breaxxbaxx

Con

Again, my opponent has forfeited another round.
ProDeo

Pro

ProDeo forfeited this round.
breaxxbaxx

Con

Well, It's been fun.
Posted by navin63 4 years ago
navin63
Most rap is trash

Dubstep and Hip Hop are the worst excuse for music i have ever seen. I gaged when I heard my first nicki manaj song and listen to bass cannon and try to tell me thats music.
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 4 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
I would take but I am too pro.