Rock Vs Hip Hop which is the superior/better music genre

Started: 4/18/2016 Category: Music

I will be arguing/debating to prove that rock is more superior/better than hip hop.

I will argue that Hip Hop is a better genre than Rock.

okay let's start off with this.

1. Rock bands don't shout their name at the intro of their songs which is the current egotistical trend for pop acts who didn't even write the song they're stamping their name all over lol.

2. Rock bands don't jump around flashing designer labels and thick gold chains while having a bunch of mixed race girls girate upon them like they are some kind of gods purely because they've been chosen to perform on a song some overweight 40 year old music producer wrote for them.

3. Rock bands don't collaborate with about 5 different trendy flavour of the month artists on each song each providing the valuable contribution of reciting about 2 lines. In most cases collaborating does not involve actually writing anything

4. While "superstars" like Cher Lloyd and JLS are selling 50,000 copies to get to #1 in the singles chart, "unknown nobody" rock bands like Metallica, Disturbed and Tool are selling millions of albums and selling out arenas all over the world.

5. Rock bands write their songs. They start up and make it on their own. All this is done without the help of Max Martin, RedOne, Ryan Tedder, Diane Warren or whoever else wrote your favorite pop song.

6. Rock is 4 guys in a room creating music with instruments. It is a craft and it takes talent which is why only rock bands can make rock music whereas the easy to make RnB comes off the conveyor belt at the ready made hits factory.

7. Rock bands don't plast their mugs on the cover of their albums. They have art work on it.

8. Rock bands' music is famous, not them. They can walk down the street without being noticed but their music is all over films and tv shows because they are chosen to soundtrack emotional and intense scenes.

9. Rock bands let the music do the talking, not their outfits.

10. Rock bands are intelligent and articulate and able to talk about topics other than bitches, ho's and designer sunglasses.

11. Rock bands don't need to appear on X Factor, tell a sob story to Cheryl Cole, pass an assessment conducted by musical genius Danni Minogue and try to sell themselves to Simon "I know F**k all about music" Cowell.

12. Rock music has emotion, artistic integrity and an organic production that is focused upon letting the music resonate.

13. Rock bands make albums where each track flows from one to the other with fluency and is pieced together to be a journey from start to finish. Not 10 random tracks thrown together by a million different producers and songwriters.

By the way I'm talking about alternative rock bands in this part, like Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against, Death Cab for Cutie, Brand New, in case any of you wanna let me know that Nickelback posed topless on one of their album covers or that Bon Jovi collaborated with Max Martin.

Now i Do agree that Hip Hop is more listened to now, and the word "Superior" means " higher in rank, status, or quality." But that is because that youth now has found a genre that everyone listens to. Do to all the marketing most of the Hip Hop music has in the culture today, For Example: Sports marketing for video games, shoes, clothing, and upcoming games. Also hip hop is on a lot of different TV shows. Superior is hip hop, but "Better" is rock.

I have the rights to post anything adding to my arguments in the next round

(Remember i said you can do all different types of music in Rock and Hip Hop, So you can do any you want, Thank You)

1. Usually the only time hip-hop artists shout their name in the beginning of their songs is when it is a single, but if it's in an album, it usually doesn't. Also, many Hip-Hop artists write their own music, they just don't usually produce them themselves, and not many Rock bands produce their own music either.

2. Like I said earlier, the artists for the most part write the music themselves, they just don't produce it themselves, which is the same for many rock bands. Plus, there are plenty of Hip-Hop artists who perform by themselves on stage without wearing any gold chains.

3. Many Hip-Hop collaborations have each artists collaborating to the song or album equally, or about equal, and the artists who collaborate usually write their parts of the song, if their collaboration is through rapping.

4. Cher Lloyd and JLS are not really superstars, or at least they haven't been for a couple years, but even then, they commonly sell more than 50,000 copies of their singles.

5. I've said this twice before, most Hip-Hop artists write their own songs, they just usually don't produce them themselves, which is true for most Rock bands as well. Plus, why would a pop songwriter write a Hip-Hop song? Hip-Hop and Pop are 2 different genres.

My apologies your right pop and hip hop are 2 different genres.

But tell me. how is Hip hop better than rock. Not to be rude but you haven't given me a reason. Also You haven't attacked my other 8 points, so you must agree that 8 of my points are correct. but here are more arguments.

1) People only like the music because it's popular. I like music whether it's popular or not. People only like these artists just because they are well... Popular.

2) Hip Hop artists sound like they are mumbling half the time. If you hear the song "Lifestyle" (performed by Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan) than you will know what i mean. The verse "N***** livin' life like a beginner and this only the beginnin'
I'm on the top of the mountain, puffin' on clouds and n***** still beginnin'. When i heard it, it sounded like doodle bob from spongebob. "MEE HOY MINOY! MeyoyYOY, ladyonmamoy!", that's what i heard.

3) Now i wouldn't consider drake to be a hip hop artist but about half the hip hop fans do, so i have to at least talk about him. Most hip hop, is simple-minded. Drakes new hit "Hotline Bling" doesn't even have a meaning, Drake only added that in the lyrics because it's catchy, which I think is stupid.

4) And one thing i hate is that hip hop artists are dumb. Really. Just saying some or all of the lyrics are just stupid. Most of the time They have no meaning. Rock sometimes do too, but we can explain them.
i will give a few verses.

"I like them black, white, Puerto Rican, or Haitian/Like Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian." - Chingy
Because Japanese and Chinese people totally aren't Asian or anything.

"I woke up out that coma 2001, bout the same time Dre dropped 2001." - The Game
Either that was a two-year coma, the bullets really messed up his sense of time, or Game"s using "bout" in the loosest sense possible, because Dre"s 2001 came out in 1999.

"I scored 1.1 on my SATs, but I still push a whip with a right and left AC." - Redman
Okay, first of all, you couldn't possibly score a 1.1 on your SATs no matter how smoked out your brain was. Mainly because the SATs aren't scored that way. Second, having a whip with a right and left AC isn't exactly an accomplishment. And finally, since when do they sell cars with an AC only on one side anyway?

"America's pie, put my hand in the pot." - Tyga
Who bakes pies in a pot?

"License plate say 'money makin' ni**a fa sho'." - Mannie Fresh
That"s way too many letters to fit on a license plate. Maybe he got the DMV to make him a "fo sho" license plate and then he glued a piece of cardboard onto his car before it that reads "money makin" nigga". Alternate hypothesis: He"s driving in a car in Germany. They"ve got insanely long license plates over there.

"Round the same time Nas said 'I Can,' Bush was sending our fam to Iran." - Kanye West
Apparently, we invaded Iran years ago

"You done broke my heart into a million pieces/I should have seen it coming, wish I had telekinesis." - LMFAO
Picking on LMFAO for bad rhymes is like picking on a fat, asthmatic kid for being slow, but this song was being played on the radio 7,972 times a day at one point so we just have to single it out. While having telekinesis"the ability to move objects with your mind"would be cool, it definitely wouldn't help you see anything coming.

"There's three of us/But we're not the Beatles." - Run"D.M.C.
Actually, the Beatles had four members. That's sorta why they called them the Fab Four, you know?

"I'm an animal/Half man, half mammal." - Jay-Z
First off, Jigga establishes that he is not a man but an animal. But then, he claims he is in fact, half of a man. And then he asserts that he's a half mammal which means he could be either a human being or a variety of animals that are categorized as mammals. What we're trying to say here is that we are confused.

See what i mean? look at rocks list. They are weird but they can be explained.

"Polly wants a cracker I think I should get off her first I think she wants some water To put out the blow torch"- Nirvana
This is that a rape victim is raping a 14 year old girl. Which really happened. This song helped a lot of rape victims get through what they were going through. Don't ask why, all i know is that it did.

"I'm on the highway to hell"- Ac/Dc
Vocalist Brian Johnson explained to The Metro October 15, 2009: "It was written about being on the bus on the road where it takes forever to get from Melbourne or Sydney to Perth across the Nullarbor Plain. When the Sun's setting in the west and you're driving across it, it is like a fire ball. There is nothing to do, except have a quick one off the wrist or a game of cards, so that's where Bon came up with the lyrics."

"Squeeze me baby, till the juice runs down my leg; The way you squeeze my lemon, I"m gonna fall right out of bed."-
Led Zepplin
It's about sex. It's about sex. No other explanation.

"Goddamn, you half-Japanese girls do it to me every time / The redhead said you shred the cello, and I"m Jell-O."-weezer
Cuomo drops lines about pro wrestlers and indie rockers throughout the song, but i like the opening lines the best " autobiographical jabs at his penchant for Asian women who can be just as nerdy as he is.

"She turned my dad on"- The gorillaz
Lead singer Damon Albarn's dad had a thing for a British pornstar.

"Come on along on an eastern shore Come on along, you're mine Come on along on a winter's morn Come on along, you're mine Mine"- Smashing Pumpkins
This isn't about a girl he likes. This is a dad putting a little boy to war.

So really, Rock songs may be odd but the have meaning. Hip Hop artists, and excuse my language, Dumb asses.

And like i said, People only like this music because it is popular. And people who have heard a rock song think it'sweird and creepy. The other day i was listening to "Dream On" by aerosmith. Beautiful song. And a girl told me to turn off my devil music and she was listening to as song loud that it could be heard throughout my school about a guy screwing ho's while having std's while smoking a blunt. And liking it. This kinda stuff is why kids now are trying to be "Thug". I'm a kid too but it wrong. 10-17 year olds talking about getting high, f****** b******, getting lit, is just wrong. And it's hip hop that influences that. I'm not talking about all people. But cmon. It's alot of people.

And why is hip hop so easy to make. I could make a hip hop song on my phone right now. Rock Takes talent to make a song. It takes guts to do what rock musicians do. Playing on stage with something hip hop artists don;t have. INSTRUMENTS!!!!!!!! I was in a car and my brother was listening to a hip hop station and i heard a guitar and i said " A GUITAR?!?!On this channel?" But guess what? it turned out to be a commercial. And not one song on that station had any instruments except the beat they make on their phones.

It's crap like that responsible for "the whip and nae nae' and "the dab".

piefav forfeited this round.

My opponent forfeited. Vote con and increase my points.

I got other stuff to do, but as he said, you can vote con :P

Dedpewl forfeited this round.

^87;(A381;oA381;)^99;b34;^95; (A381;oA381;) ^91;o
Posted by king_yates 6 months ago
Rap is the better music choice for a few facts some rappers put their story out there through their music and tell about a real struggle in life, while some rock is just yelling and off putting, but in the same sense its your opinion you cant decide whether rap or rock is better because we all have our own opinion and pick what we like with that being said mine is rap no disrespect to rock, I just enjoy rap more than that of rock.
Posted by Daffa8799 6 months ago
In fact thay rock is better at classical times and hip hop is like a new generation of music. While i still like rock. Rock ftw!!!