Amplifier
lawyer_in_training

Rock music in church (Christian)

Con Tied Pro

Amplifier

Con

Hello reader.

-My request is for the challenger to be a christian-

Worldly people are attracted to there own. You who are rich so will you gather many of the same, and those people that the Lord has set apart in this time will also be gathered together. But even when people find shelter under the church they cannot accept unless they have recived the true words which are without defect. Those words are from the Holy Spirit. Not all who call to the Lord will find the fire which will give warmth in this stormy time, and those who have be called, few will accept the true doctirne. How few will be allowed into Gods throne (which is there choice) if many rooted christians fall away, so how many of those who have not truely been saved will be left?

That which comes from our mouth speaks of our heart. If we are to confees that our church is holy and set apart from the world, which is the meaning of holyness-to be seperate onto God. Then how can we say we glorify God with our praise and worship? If we change our way of praising the Lord so more worldly people enter our church then isnt it not for the Lord? Rather it is for people that we praise then? We are to trust God, it is better to have ten then ten thousand attending. Many turn away when the Lord said "you must drink of my blood and eat my fleash." If they turned away because of one truth spoken to them, then how many will leave the church when many truths are given. We trust in the Lord that our bills are paid, after all if the Lord placed them as Leaders then surely He will look after them?

Paul said "all things to me are profitable, but without Christ I consider all thing worthless." If so then we may praise as we with how ever we like, but if the Lord is not involved then its considered worthless in the eyes of Paul and many others. We should not allow people we become offened to hinder the true words of the Lord. [that is to say we still respect people] but to allow people to hinder us, we should not allow this. If many people leave from hearing a truth, then they leave hearing the truth. How can we allow lack of numbers in our church to change the way we worship, which true worship requires not music at all. But it is used and a carrier, which is not needed anyway, but maybe used.
lawyer_in_training

Pro

Yes I am a Christian, I have dedicated my life to Jesus when i was about 7 years old. Over the past couple of years i have been going to many churches, meeting new people, listening to the pastor preach, singing, and one thing that always stayed the same, worshiping god. Me moving around different churches with my mother i have worshiped god in many different ways.We sang rap, fiesta type music, rock, hip-hop and many more. Now when it comes down you don't even need music to worship god. You can pray to god thanking him, reading your bible to know more about him, and depending on your heart giving your tithes and offerings is also another sign of worshiping. Yes many may consider music is just human beings be foolish or not being a necessity but think about it this way, music is a way to liven up church, to help bring more people to god. I can say from experience music for me in church is what makes church so wonderful, i can learn things, i can worship and get closer with god it's just amazing. So no matter what type of music it is rock, hip-hop, or reggae music should be allowed in church,even it's rock. Aswell, you don't have to go to a church with rock music trust me. You can go to a Catholic church. (from where I've been too theres been no rock music).
Amplifier

Con

Amplifier forfeited this round.
lawyer_in_training

Pro

ok one thing. God is god, he created the earth, so if people worship him with rock music or Reggae or what ever does it matter? He loves everyone, either christian or not so if they sing rock or not he would not think of it as a bad thing. Also god created rock, so i think he would expect people to sing rock music or what ever. Like i said before, you do not have to go to a church with rock music, it's your choice. oh and by any chance are you a Jehova's Witness tpye person? Just asking.
Amplifier

Con

Hello in closing Lawyer in training.

I will withdraw from this debate on the result of this debate ending without causes can foretell. It is not the debate type which brings resoultion but those who debate.

I must depart here.
Amplifier.
lawyer_in_training

Pro

lawyer_in_training forfeited this round.
Posted by DATCMOTO 8 years ago
DATCMOTO
" Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him." 1JOHN2:15 NKJV
" Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with this world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to make be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. " JAMES4:4 NKJV

You cannot get much more worldly than RocknRoll etc.. The purpose of this music is purely emotional, to 'lose control'.. One of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is self control, the EXACT opposite.
Consider the negative effect the counter culture has on SECULAR society since the late 1950's.. And we're bringing it into the Church?
Posted by Amplifier 9 years ago
Amplifier
KIRA OKASHI,

There is to be only praise to the Lord when we worship, so if we worship in truth then no matter the music it is for the Lord. Though you say becoming closer to God through lively music, does that mean when you praise to other music God still doesnt hear you praise. Yes indeed He does here you, but doesnt that say worship comes from within. If it come from within then our feels do not matter? correct? After all the Lord is always with us by the Spirit as He promised.
Posted by KIRA_OKASHI 9 years ago
KIRA_OKASHI
i myself find it hard to really open up in worship when it solely envolves slow dreary hymns.and no i am lineing nothing up with scripture. i simply stated that this is a big issue ESPECIALLY with churches with elde members. i didnt say it only occured among older members. i understand that young and old think that it is not a good idea for rock to be in church. ive been to alot of churches in my life., about12 or 13 infact if not more, and when i feel closest to god i am usualy involved in a high spirited lively worship service. so this entire comment and my last as well as this debate are strictly preference based.
Posted by Amplifier 9 years ago
Amplifier
KIRA OKASHI,

This issue is not bound my elders of the church, all people from whatever age also question this. But do your words line up with scripture I ask...

"To liven up the church"

Isnt praise and worship only for the Lord, so if we liven up the church, isnt it for our benifit not the Lords. This is never a reason allowed from the Bible, old or new.
Posted by KIRA_OKASHI 9 years ago
KIRA_OKASHI
This subject is a comon one in most churches especialy ones with older members who think that rock music or anything heavier than a hymn. i have been a christian much like lawer in training sence i was 6 and i love rock and metal and such. i love it when a church puts a modern twist on worship. it does in a way liven up worship even though it does come from within if you enjoy the music it does make it more fun for a younger crowd.

Rock music in church!!!!! GOOD IDEA
Posted by Amplifier 9 years ago
Amplifier
Lawyer in training, sorry for my reply. Thankyou for being as bold to recive this issue apon you.

"Music is a way to liven up church."

Worship comes from within, and from within we worship with truth for our Lord. It is for Him that we worship?

"Music is a way to liven up church, to help bring more people to god"

Do you agree that worship is reserved for our Lords pleasure and not for our own? If so then He alone is truly our God who has reserved us, for His pleasure to come. We understand all that surrounds us in this modern age but we cannot allow people to overthrow what is truly holy to the Lord. If we remain holy to Him we need not music at all, of course I do not outlaw music.

Yes I know we see the Lord in our church through all songs and praise, for that is the Lords grace apon us each time in church. Without His grace and mercy being alive He would never come at all, this I am assured.

Imagine the peace we will recive in Heaven and the living being which we will see. Truly the Lords pray "let it be on earth as it is in Heaven." Must we await the arrival of our Lord to recive whats in heaven? All is open to us now to recive, today we arise and lift up pray that our souls be saved from this coming storm. But Heaven and its riches are from the Spirit which lives in our renewed spirit.

That I say, much more is to come within our church, also without our church even more. The bride to date is still weak and broken, do you conclude our church already whole and renewed? No, so expect riches from Heaven to come from our church and not settle for scraps.

Shalom
Amplifier.
Posted by Amplifier 9 years ago
Amplifier
Hello scorpionclone.

Good to see you, I am glad. Yes your question is valid. This topic I choose to repeat to find a conclusion, which I haven't so far.

Hello Lithobolos.

This topic concerns the church, not the world. So how can a true conclusion be found when we are far apart.

I have no means of seeming distorted in this message to you. I have seen God and His hands apon my life. So He has touched my tongue to speak what is of His and how He pleases. So if my words are like yours then am I truly from God?
Posted by scorpionclone 9 years ago
scorpionclone
How many times are you going to deabte this topic?
You might be crazy
Posted by Lithobolos 9 years ago
Lithobolos
What is with your whole post attempting to sound biblically poetic? Also, why can't you debate someone who is not your religion?
Vote Placed by AEQUITAS 9 years ago
AEQUITAS
Amplifierlawyer_in_trainingTied
Vote Placed by Im_always_right 9 years ago
Im_always_right
Amplifierlawyer_in_trainingTied
Vote Placed by lawyer_in_training 9 years ago
lawyer_in_training
Amplifierlawyer_in_trainingTied
Vote Placed by ally93 9 years ago
ally93
Amplifierlawyer_in_trainingTied
Vote Placed by RequireTruth 9 years ago
RequireTruth
Amplifierlawyer_in_trainingTied