Amplifier
Torm

Rock music inside church

Con Tied Pro

Amplifier

Con

By my eyes and ears i see people becoming more like the world inside church due to rock music. Rock is not the issue as such but what it stands for. Worldly people like this music, and pastors who have lost many sheep and trust in the Lord seek to bring people to church by pleasing the people who attend. (Rather they should always be there to seek and please the Lord.)

I have heard young pastors who want to start up a church going around to people on the street and asking "what would make you come to church?" they want rock music, no talk of sin, and something to suppress there fears around us.

But my spirit sees death inside, lack of love and the basic duties that church should provide.
Torm

Pro

Rock music is not a bad thing to have in Church, it helps bring youth and more 'worldly people' in, and away from satan. It is a new time, and a new generation, and most people are no longer willing to simply sit and listen to all the consequences of religion, but more about Jesus's love. Music is a way many people use to speak to the soul, and not all rock is automatically bad, in my current church, they have many rock songs about the Lord. They speak about his great deeds and how he has touched so many lives. Though, just because they have a few rock songs about it, this isn't all the church teaches. They simply use the music to keep the people interested in the sermon, and still speak about sin, and consequences. "they want rock music, no talk of sin, and something to suppress there fears around us." Including rock music in church does not automatically mean they are throwing out all of their values, or that they wont speak of sin, it simply means they have something to interest younger people, so they may know about god. When it comes to a child's soul, what is wrong with a little music?

"But my spirit sees death inside, lack of love and the basic duties that church should provide."
Rock music has nothing to do with the teachings in the church, or the church's duties, or even the love that they give. Its just a way of connecting people with God. I've heard many instances where members of the Church say, when they are singing God's praise, they can feel his love. The type of music in the background, has nothing to do with the words or message that is being spoken.

What your saying is the same as what could have been said when Churches went from having no music at all, to having any type of music. Would it not have been even worse to go from listening directly to the pastor, to having all these distractions? Darn heathens and they're evil hymns...
Amplifier

Con

Hello.

Welcome Torm and thankyou. I am greatfull that another christian accepted my topic. This allows us to speak peacafully about the bible and church without mockers interfeering.

Worldly people are attracted to there own. You who are rich so will you gather many of the same, and those people that the Lord has set apart in this time will also be gathered together. But even when people find shelter under the church they cannot accept unless they have recived the true words which are without defect. Those words are from the Holy Spirit as you know. Not all who call to the Lord will find the fire which will give warmth in this stormy time, and those who have be called, few will accept the true doctirne. How few will be allowed into Gods throne (which is there choice) if many rooted christians fall away, so how many of those who have not truely been saved will be left?

That which comes from our mouth speaks of our heart. If we are to confees that our church is holy and set apart from the world, which is the meaning of holyness-to be seperate onto God. Then how can we say we glorify God with our praise and worship? If we change our way of praising the Lord so more worldly people enter our church then isnt it not for the Lord? Rather it is for people that we praise then? We are to trust God, it is better to have ten then ten thousand attending. Many turn away when the Lord said "you must drink of my blood and eat my fleash." If they turned away because of one truth spoken to them, then how many will leave the church when many truths are given. We trust in the Lord that our bills are paid, after all if the Lord placed them as Leaders then surely He will look after them rite?

Paul said "all things to me are profitable, but without Christ I consider all thing worthless." If so then we may praise as we with how ever we like, but if the Lord is not involved then its considered worthless in the eyes of Paul and many others. We should not allow people we become offened to hinder the true words of the Lord. [that is to say we still respect people] but to allow people to hinder us, we should not allow this. If many people leave from hearing a truth, then they leave hearing the truth. How can we allow lack of numbers in our church to change the way we worship, which true worship requires not music at all. But it is used and a carrier, which is not needed anyway, but maybe used.
Torm

Pro

Torm forfeited this round.
Amplifier

Con

Hello Torm.

I have little to say, only that im looking forward to your reply. I understand people can be bussy and unable to make it on time.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Torm

Pro

Torm forfeited this round.
Posted by SnoopyDaniels 8 years ago
SnoopyDaniels
Mogget, aren't you the guy who was trying to tell me that God doesn't even exist? How could you possibly offer a qualified opinion on what is and what is not Satanic?
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
Hello tangerineman91.

Yes I agree which what you said. I wanted to write a final conclusion but there was no strong argument to bring this forth. I agree that "Using rock music solely to attract non-believers to the church" would be a better title, but this is a issue within the church, and not subject to correction from the world. I thankyou for your words and after this issue is fully resolved, it would enjoy debating against you.

SnoopyDaniels.

Even though if we have all worshipped under the same God we are all subject to Him. Therefore when sighs of other method of worshipping Him arise, though it profit nothing to worship Him one way over another. If we choose one for preference we are not remaing holy to Him. Rather for other means we choose one to profit ourselves. Our words of our heart speak of motives to Him. To Him we are true as we are true to His Spirit. By us with the Spirit we find all worship profitable but within His Spirit all things are not need for worship. Therefore worship is within, and those who use worship as tools are fooling themselves into believe they are worshipping the Lord. Truly instruments are not needed, and truth within the church by His Spirit will reign. Now if we are to believe this to be true then we ourselves cannot be fooled by people who protest they are from the Lords doing, rather they are not. If they knew the truth within them they would stop. Now look, prince of the air is his title but He who gave him this power must also be greater. Satan comes from within the mind of people to corrupt the music, and so weither its country or rock we can see the difference.

You too have spoken to Kgantchev, have you found your words to be heard? I think not. Without hesitation I can see into his heart, so we all.
Posted by Mogget 8 years ago
Mogget
Rock music is not inherently satanic. You can make a rock song about little bunnies building a home if you want to. Doesn't mean it is Satanic.
Posted by SnoopyDaniels 8 years ago
SnoopyDaniels
I think the idea, Pro, is that rock music is Satanic. Thus, by using rock music to draw people to church, you are essentially pulling them away from Satan back to Satan. It doesn't take much in the way of research to realize that rock music is Satanic.

I think we've all heard the quote from the Bible where Jesus says "my sheep know my voice." I don't think it's up to us to worry about how to "draw people in." It is the responsibility of Christians to simply preach the Word of God. In Amos 8 it says "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:" In other words, there is no lack of rock music out in the world for people to hear. We need to supply what they DON'T have, and that is the words of God Himself.

A man by the name of John Colet, a professor at Oxford England during the mid 1400, began to read the Greek translation of the Bible and translating it into English for the public during regular services. It was one of the first times in history that average people were able to hear and understand what the Bible said. Within weeks, 20,000 people were packing inside and clustered outside Saint Paul's Cathedral to listen to Colet read the Bible to them in English!

In other words, we don't need to offer people the sickness, we need to offer them the cure. People are hungry for something real and meaningful. We don't need to cater to pop culture in order to draw people in.
Posted by tangerineman91 8 years ago
tangerineman91
I am wondering how rock music is inherently evil, and how there was an argument with no resolution by Con (maybe the title?). However, a resolution that "Using rock music solely to attract non-believers to the church" sounds much more fitting to the argument by Con.
From personal experience, I would disagree with Con's stereotyping of the use of rock music in church. I would be happy to debate on the topic, provided a definite resolution.
Posted by leethal 8 years ago
leethal
My views on this one are pretty much "meh". If you people wanna listen to nursery rhymes while discussing fairy tales, I'm all for it.
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
Hello void6,

Although you see one side for now, awite the conclusion of this issue before setting your heart so fimly.

Thankyou.

Amplifier.
Posted by void6 8 years ago
void6
an intriguing and helpful viewpoint, i may not abide by your decision against the point, but i can see some of the validity of your argument, thank you for your time
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
Hello void6.

Yes indeed, although those without a physical voice cannot complete your statment. For you see worship comes from the spirit and so no music is required, but used. Yes sing unto Him for your spirit is overwhelmed with joy and praise. That is truly, glorification onto Him.
Posted by void6 8 years ago
void6
In.Deed! it is worded masterfully, but i don't get where he says 'true worship requires not music at all.' when psalms 105 says "Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works." which obviously declares there should be music in church
Vote Placed by Torm 6 years ago
Torm
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by AEQUITAS 8 years ago
AEQUITAS
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by RequireTruth 8 years ago
RequireTruth
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by lawyer_in_training 8 years ago
lawyer_in_training
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 8 years ago
InquireTruth
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by scorpionclone 8 years ago
scorpionclone
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by tangerineman91 8 years ago
tangerineman91
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
AmplifierTormTied
Vote Placed by slayer54321 8 years ago
slayer54321
AmplifierTormTied