joshuaXlawyer
MilitantAtheist

Roe Vs Wade is sexist and leans only towards the female's

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

joshuaXlawyer

Pro

First round acceptance and definitions as well as what you will argue summerized.

1. My main argument is ROW gives women all the rights and forgets the male's rights yet the male would have to pay child support if it is conceived.
It gives the male the resonsiblitiy without a say in the aborting of a pregnancy.
What if the male wants the child and it is partly his but the women wants an abortion right now we males couldn't do anything to keep our child in this situation. How ever if the man doesn't want the child and the female does then he must pay child support? this is a one sided ruling.
MilitantAtheist

Con

Hello there, I thank my opponent for instigating this challenge. Before I begin, I would like to immediately point out that I believe abortion is wrong, but I do not believe Roe v. Wade is sexist.

My opponent's main arguments is that it gives women all the rights and forgets the male rights. Yet, my question to my opponent, is what right does the male have in determining something that belongs to the woman?

A woman has the choice of whether to carry a pregnancy to term. Her body - her choice. There have been plenty of suits to stop an abortion. They have all failed. When a man can get pregnant, he will have the right to choose whether to carry the pregnancy to term.

If a woman chooses to have the baby, that baby requires support from both parents. Therefore, it is logical that the baby recieves support from his/her father.

99% of pregnacies are due to consentual sex. I ask my opponent, what if there was a case where a woman was unemployed and the father was employed. Shouldn't the mother have the right to get support from the father?

It is not a one-sided ruling. The fact of the matter is what belongs to the woman is the woman's right.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

Hello to my opponent id like you ask you to number points makes it easier to attack and defend for both sides.
So since i have to waste letters by doing this do it next time please.
My opponents case

1. my opponent's main arguments is that it gives women all the rights and forgets the male rights. Yet, my question to my opponent, is what right does the male have in determining something that belongs to the woman?

Objection, one could argue that just because its in her body does not mean it completely belongs to her, it was the males sperm that fertalized it making it also apart of him. To just go out and say oh yeah half its DNA is yours but no its not yours? Thats just bigotry.

2. If a woman chooses to have the baby, that baby requires support from both parents. Therefore, it is logical that the baby recieves support from his/her father.

Yes, but in 95% of custody cases the mother wins, meaning men get the shaft and most of the time always have to pay child support. They also calculate mens child support higher than womens.

3. 99% of pregnacies are due to consentual sex. I ask my opponent, what if there was a case where a woman was unemployed and the father was employed. Shouldn't the mother have the right to get support from the father?

Thats a hypothical, the thing about those is i can say what if its reverse he has no job, she does? but this is not my arguments the point of this debate is not just child support its why do men have to pay child support and take repsonsiblity but have no say in stopping abortion?

4.It is not a one-sided ruling. The fact of the matter is what belongs to the woman is the woman's right.

................................................. oh im sorry i was kind thinking how sick this statement is, The man's sperm makes that baby without it you wouldn't have it. Its a part of him not 100% female's its a 50/50 why don't we have 50/50 rights?
Last time a check females don't asexually reproduce, it does not fully belong to them and to not allow a man the right to stop and abortion is wrong because when it comes to money oh its our responsiblity but when it comes to what happens to that embryo we don't? its hypocritical and sexist.
MilitantAtheist

Con

I would normally thank my opponent for replying but in this case, I cannot. He has accused ,e of things that are completely and utterly are not true. If I remember correctly, I clearly stated that I was highly pro life.

RR1) while it was the male sperm that fertilized the egg, the sperm would be useless without the egg.

I am not, in any since, a bigot. I am highly HIGHLY offended that you even dare to claim that I am a bigot.

In any sense, it was a MAN that argued the case for Roe! The people who were on the bench at the time, were also men!

I would point out what the word sexist or sexism means. To be sexist means that you feel your gender is superior over another gender. Row v. Wade was not a case on which gender was superior.

RC2) and in the 5% cases where the father wins, the mother should also be requiered to pay child support.

R to hypothetical response) as stated earlier, I believe the woman, in some cases, should pay child support, and in some case, they do.

If there is a disagreement between the parents, that right to make the final decision automatically goes to the mother, if my opponent had any idea what it was like to be pregnant, he would understand.

RC4) while it may be 50/50, it is still in the woman, and thus part of her body. Therefore, what right does a ,an have to say what happens to her body? My opponent called this argument "sick" yet if my opponent understood what it was like to be pregnant and having a disagreement, he would understand why the right for the final decision goes to the mother.

I am somewhat sorry I took this debate.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

1. RR1) while it was the male sperm that fertilized the egg, the sperm would be useless without the egg.

Yes and the egg would be useless without the sperm whats your point? Its still 50/50 either way you look at it.

2.In any sense, it was a MAN that argued the case for Roe! The people who were on the bench at the time, were also men!

Um so what? he argued to the supreme court that a woman should have the right to have an abortion however im sure he did not intend for it to be ruled as where the male partner has no say in the choice of aborting it or not since it is apart of him sorry the law makers were near sighted to see that men want a say in if their child should be aborted or not.

3.I would point out what the word sexist or sexism means. To be sexist means that you feel your gender is superior over another gender. Row v. Wade was not a case on which gender was superior.

Objection! no source and two my point is it gives all the rights to the women the men should have a say in something that is 50% his.

1.RC2) and in the 5% cases where the father wins, the mother should also be requiered to pay child support.

The usually do pay however it is know that in most cases men pay more than women

2.R to hypothetical response) as stated earlier, I believe the woman, in some cases, should pay child support, and in some case, they do.

no because usually the women gets the child so he would have to pay even with no job.

3.If there is a disagreement between the parents, that right to make the final decision automatically goes to the mother, if my opponent had any idea what it was like to be pregnant, he would understand.

I would like to state you are a male you have no idea what being pregnant is like either , but not only pregnancy is a stressful event so is abortion..

C4) while it may be 50/50, it is still in the woman, and thus part of her body. Therefore, what right does a ,an have to say what happens to her body? My opponent called this argument "sick" yet if my opponent understood what it was like to be pregnant and having a disagreement, he would understand why the right for the final decision goes to the mother.

Again you are a male just like me you don't know what its like either so stop preaching like you do, secondly it is sick its part of the male yet we don't get a say in stopping an abortion because hey maybe we wanna child maybe we offer to take care of it just wait to have it and we will take it.
MilitantAtheist

Con

True. The purpose of Roe v. Wade was to test to see if abortion should be legal. However, it also settled another very important decision. What if there is a disagreement between the parents? Then the right automatically makes it the woman.

The point I was trying to make is, do you really think that a man is going to vote for a law that is sexist against his own gender? No.

Hey, you never used sources to back up your points either. And if you really need me to link to dictionary.com the definition of sexism, here is the link! http://dictionary.reference.com...

The full definiton according to dictionary.com is the following:

discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; especially, such discrimination directed against women.
attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
Discrimination based on sex.

I would like to state you are a male you have no idea what being pregnant is like either , but not only pregnancy is a stressful event so is abortion.

While it is true that I am a male, I have the utmost respect for women and, especially, for those that are with child.

My opponent has admitted that a pregnacy is stressful. I will also agree that abortion is stressful. It is even more stressful when there is strife and disagreement.

Argument almost makes me laugh. Again, I will point out that the woman automatically has the right to make the final decision because it is in her body. Her body, her right.

I will assirt that if there is a disagreement, why shouldn't it go to the woman? She's the one with child!

I urge members to vote for con as my opponent shown horrifying conduct and has dropped an entire argument. My opponent dropped his whole child support contention when I shown him that there are cases where women pay child support and when I agreed that women should pay child support.

Vote Con!

Posted by joshuaXlawyer 5 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
bias controls this site i knew id lose such a controversial debate thats why i dont debate religion/or abortion.
Posted by Thaddeus 5 years ago
Thaddeus
Kohai/Militant Athiest. That is blatant vote bombing and multiaccounting. Not cool.
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 5 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
id ask females voters not to vote just because male endures no bodily risk and NEVER will.
because this is not the point of the debate and is a bias vote since we are both male here, and the point of the debate is that men should have a say in abortion and either way pregnacy or abortion there is always a bodily risk thank you. P.S dont write your RD in a state where it even looks like your taking this in a bias way towards me or men in general. Cough cough jillianl
Posted by Thaddeus 5 years ago
Thaddeus
You call yourself "MilitantAhiest". I know you aren't a bigot, but tolerance and acceptance doesn't exactly radiate from that.
Posted by MilitantAtheist 5 years ago
MilitantAtheist
I forgive you
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 5 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
I never meant to come off insulting when i said bigotry i meant the statement not you.
Posted by MilitantAtheist 5 years ago
MilitantAtheist
Very tempted to take this debate.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
joshuaXlawyerMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: It does not seem that Pro took this debate seriously. There was no definition of sexism by Pro nor how his assertions would fit that definition. At most he was arguing that it was unfair and even that as no foundational justice claim made. 3:1and weak performance by Pro.
Vote Placed by Jillianl 5 years ago
Jillianl
joshuaXlawyerMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro completely ignores the fact that the male endures no bodily risk and NEVER will. This inherently makes it absurd to give him any kind of choice when the woman always has the complete risk.
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
joshuaXlawyerMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering
Vote Placed by joshizinfamous 5 years ago
joshizinfamous
joshuaXlawyerMilitantAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: He simply won. Just Kidding. He kept my attention more and his points were easy to understand.