kdthird3
welliott

Romney Would Have Been a Much Better President than Obama

kdthird3

kdthird3

Pro

The first round is for acceptance. I'm saying Romney would've been a president than Obama. Good luck to my opponent and let's have a good debate.
welliott

Con

I believe Obama has been a decent leader so far but not the best he could be. Romney being a better leader than Obama? I disagree, there are other politicians that could have been better, but Mitt Romney is not worthy nor qualified to be the president.
On that, good luck!
kdthird3

Pro

This first round I will state my opinion on how Romney's opinions were mostly right. One thing Romney said that drew a lot of attention on the campaign trail was that Russia was our number one geopolitical foe. Everyone told him to stop living in the Cold War times and move on. But as it turns out, he was correct on that issue. He also said that Obama not keeping a residual military force in Iraq would come back to bite him and cause more American deaths. As if now, Obama is sending groups back into Iraq. Finally, he wanted tax reform so that big corporations would stay in America, thus improving the economy. So far, Obama has done nothing about that. I know Romney made some big mistakes through his campaign (40% situation, "binders full of women", and "killing off big bird") but that doesn't affect that fact that he would've been a better president than Obama has done so far. I believe the nation is starting to realize this based off of the recent mid term election results.
welliott

Con

welliott forfeited this round.
kdthird3

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited this round an most likely, the whole thing I will end on this not. Obama has the lowest approval rating for a president since World War II, how can you be worse than that?
welliott

Con

welliott forfeited this round.
kdthird3

Pro

kdthird3 forfeited this round.
welliott

Con

welliott forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
A ham sandwich would have been a better president than Obama. One thing that made him less destructive is he is lazy.

Romney is a guy whose business is to take over a company that is in trouble and cut out all the fat and waste and put it back on track. Now the fat and waste people did not like it. And those are who the democrats paraded in front of the American people during the campaign. The low information voter fell for it.

That is exactly what America needed. Someone who would cut out all the fat and waste in government.We could easily live in the budget of the revenues that government brought in if we just did that. The thousands of bureaucrats who would have been trimmed out of government would have to actually get a real job.And the overbearing liberal regulations would have beentrimmed as well. Wealth would have been made the right way. Hard work and diligence by individuals not encumbered by government.And he would have cut the freeloader class way down too. Instead of the increase we saw under Obama.
Posted by vheax 2 years ago
vheax
I don't think we should say that one is better than the other mainly because either way it's no joke to rule an entire country with all of the different opposing sides of the population regarding on whatever decision you make whether you think it's for the good of the people or what. If Romney could have gotten in place, he could have done some pretty bad stuff too. We will never know.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Romney would have been way better!!! to late America is already destroyed from Obama.
Posted by iDestroyWithDragons 2 years ago
iDestroyWithDragons
You mean Obama's EIGHT years of playtime? In 2012, that was his second time winning. Each period is 4 years long. I would join the debate if I disagreed that Obama is worse than Romney, but I agree with that.
Posted by Adam2isback 2 years ago
Adam2isback
Don't worry, the Republicans won this Senate. There's still hope.
Obama's 5 years of playtime is over. Now he's at the Republican's mercy.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
I agree, good luck.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
True
Vote Placed by TheRussian 2 years ago
TheRussian
kdthird3welliottTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although I found Pro's arguments weak, Con provided no argument at all.