Rob1Billion
Kasemei

Ron Paul has the best chance to win the general election against a Democratic nominee.

Rob1Billion

Pro

I am assuming, of course, that Ron Paul is still running as a Republican at this time. I'll leave the first round open, to any takers.
Kasemei

Con

Yeah, this is going to be my first political debate. I'm also new to this site, so beware of noobish posting. XD I'm also a little bit off on what you mean in your topic, as in if you mean against Democrats, or against his fellow Republicans.

Anyway..

I don't think that Ron Paul has the best chance to win the general election. After seeing the New Hampshire Primary, I think Senator John McCain has the best shot. He killed by I believe over 20% of the vote, leading off with a huge start. Also, not to mention Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama, both of whom had large numbers on the Democratic side, of which it doesn't pertain right now.

However, I honestly think that the Democrats are going to win this election, just because of the fact that Bush hasn't done well in his two terms in office. The American people want and need a change, and many believe that changing their party will be that necessary change.
Rob1Billion

Pro

I'm sorry for the confusion, I mean that Ron Paul has the best chance to win the general election, assuming that he would win the party nomination. If you took this debate in an attempt to argue that he will not win the party nomination, then I would certainly not disagree with you since he is in, at best, fourth or fifth place among the Republican candidates so he most likely will NOT win the nomination.

Ron Paul is against the war, while all the other Republicans are totally for it. Since the War is by far the most crucial event of the millenium to date, this issue is of prime importance to the american voters. Ron Paul would actually have a chance to take away a bunch of the Democratic votes, while keeping most of the Republican ones in the process, because of his anti-war stance. Every other Republican candidate is going to have NO CHANCE in the general election, because most people are sick of the war and are going to vote Democrat because of it. If the Republicans could muster a little humility and give their votes to Ron Paul, instead of pigheadishly trying to get another Republican war-monger in the white house, then they could possibly walk away with yet another Republican Presidency.
Kasemei

Con

Ah, I see. In that sense though, I agree with some of your points. In my opinion also, he would control fiscal discipline very well as well, as from what I've read for debate.

However, I still believe that many people are still not going to vote Republican. We've seen the current fisaco called our present unfold for the past eight years. Before the current president, we had a Democrat, who was very successful. That same president's wife is running on the Democratic side this year. I believe honestly, that people will be voting for the Democrats because of the fear factor that a Republican will fall just as bad, if not worse then Bush.

Also, I've been hearing that Ron Paul is going to be dropping out, that he's running just to make a point.
Rob1Billion

Pro

Yeah, I agree. I don't think the Republicans have any chance this year, unless of course they pull out a miracle like Ron Paul. That would probably be enough to shake things up a bit and give them a chance, otherwise when you look at the numbers, its clear that the Dems are probably going to take it hands down this time.

Well, sorry about the confusion, I will make sure to write longer intros to my debates in the future!
Kasemei

Con

No problem. This was a fun debate! ^^ My first political! ^^

The fact is, honestly, even with Ron Paul, I believe that there won't be a chance of a Republican election. The General population honestly knows and feels that Bush has been such a bad president.

Even though as it is, Ron Paul isn't able to pass McCain. If he can't do that, then there's no way he's the one going against the Democrats, meaning there's no chance for the Republicans.
Posted by Rob1Billion 9 years ago
Rob1Billion
4 years ago, during dean's run, the internet was not as strong as it is now. 4 years from now, the internet will be much stronger than it is now. Paul's campaign is not going to win the presidency. But any political scientist would be a fool not to view his accomplishments as the most significant occurance of this election cycle. The money bombs, the massive internet following (percentage-wise, of course) and the amazing spontanaeity and religious-like worship of him from his meet-up groups are like massive build-ups of potential energy that presidential candidates four years from now are going to be very serious about harnassing as their own. The major point in this is the internet. If the internet was the only basis for votes this election, Ron Paul would win hands down. Every four years, logarithmically, the internet is going to grow, and a few elections from now, the only thing even worth appealing to AT ALL may be the internet community. I urge you not to downplay the importance of the internet, or the concepts that Paul espouses that make him so attractive TO the internet.
Posted by mmadderom 9 years ago
mmadderom
"His intense internet following will be up for grabs in four years, and it will be interesting to see who tries to pick it up... and how."

This isn't a new phenomenon. The same exact thing happened 4 years ago with Howard Dean. Difference being that while Dean had zero chance of winning a national election, he did have a chance at his parties nomination before his own inexperience derailed that chance. Paul never had a legit shot at the nomination no matter how much money he raised. He just isn't a viable republican candidate.
Posted by Rob1Billion 9 years ago
Rob1Billion
I guess I shouldn't have made this debate, because as the below comment suggests, either you support Ron Paul or you are SICK OF HEARING ABOUT HIM!! I think that although he will not get the party nomination, his campaign will change the political process forever. His intense internet following will be up for grabs in four years, and it will be interesting to see who tries to pick it up... and how.
Posted by mmadderom 9 years ago
mmadderom
Ron Paul has ZERO chance of winning a national election. NONE. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. If "I" ran against him in a national election I'd win simply because I WASN'T him.
Vote Placed by Rob1Billion 7 years ago
Rob1Billion
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by Lysis17 9 years ago
Lysis17
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by Bunkka84 9 years ago
Bunkka84
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by mmadderom 9 years ago
mmadderom
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by libertyforall 9 years ago
libertyforall
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 9 years ago
Danielle
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by TheConstitution 9 years ago
TheConstitution
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by nat12137 9 years ago
nat12137
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by fresnoinvasion 9 years ago
fresnoinvasion
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied
Vote Placed by Pricetag 9 years ago
Pricetag
Rob1BillionKasemeiTied