nrw
ScrewSociety62

Ron Paul will not win the Republican Nomination.

nrw

Pro

Ron Paul will NOT win the Republican nomination.

Overall, his views do not get him votes from the traditional GOP base votes - those votes are going to Huckabee and Romney, etc.

Ron Paul is getting support, yes. However, this support is limited to a small group of people within the Republican party that disagree with a large portion of the rest of the party. This is why his support is not enough.

Furthermore, taking this into consideration, the GOP will nominate a candidate that it thinks can beat the Democrats. The Republicans know that they face an uphill battle agains the Dems, because the GOP is getting blamed along with Bush's decisions in office. The Republicans will look for whoever has the most WIDESPREAD support, so that the candidate elected will have a chance against the Democrats. Because conservatives know this, Paul, who cannot even solidify the base, will not be able to win the Republican nomination.
ScrewSociety62

Con

Hello NRW, I think that Ron Paul will win the Republican Nomination. I am not a Ron Paul fan, but I do believe he will get the nomination.

I think he will because after two disastrous terms, people are tired of Bush, and those like him. Also, Ron Paul has gained a monumental Internet following, and it's next to impossible to ignore. As of now, Dr.Paul has raised $18,588,187.00 in donations. Another reason is Ron Paul is refreshing to people, as libertarianism is "hot", and many people believe Ron Paul is the strongest candidate.

Hope to see your response.
nrw

Pro

Alright, thank you for responding.

You say after two terms, people are tired of Bush and those like him. This is my point from before - because people are tired of Bush, and the Republicans, the GOP faces a hard battle against the Democrats in the election - and the Republicans know this, so they will try to push for the person who will be able to beat the Democrats. Ron Paul is not able to solidify the GOP base - his views often coincide with liberal ones - this hurts his appearance as one who has a chance against the Democratic Nominee, thus he will not get the nomination.

I know Ron Paul has a large "Internet" following - but so does every candidate. What Ron Paul lacks is a base voting block because his views are so unlike the typical right. And that's fine that he has raised a lot of money - so has every candidate. These are not reasons why he will win the nomination, these are just reasons why he is able to campaign. However, I am still the only one with reason as to why he will not be able to capture votes to win the nomination when the time comes.

Libertarianism might be "hot," but the GOP knows it has to elect someone who stands a chance against the Democrats. Promoting Ron Paul's libertarian side will only alienate him from the rest of the right.
ScrewSociety62

Con

No problem.

It's hard to ignore that Ron Paul is incredibly popular, even the GOP can't deny this. Paul is popular, and if the GOP wants to get another Republican in office, Ron Paul is the man. I know Democrats who support his views, so he's getting not only Republican votes, but Democrat votes too. This should be more than enough for the GOP, who's favorite candidates are incredibly far right, and toxic to most people.

Yes, many candidates have large internet followings, but Ron's is unusually large. If you have the Stumbleupon firefox toolbar, every other political site is pro Ron Paul. And it helps that he's not the typical Republican. People are sick with them at this point in time. His fanbase is huge, although I am not part of it, and that should capture a large amount of votes.

I've already stated that him not being your typical Republican will help, however.
Posted by Capt.Herp 9 years ago
Capt.Herp
Ron Paul's a loony wingnut, and I wouldn't vote for him if I were paid to do so.

Support Duncan Hunter (since Tancredo dropped out) and we have something to talk about.
Posted by Leonitus_Trujillo 9 years ago
Leonitus_Trujillo
I get confused which party is left or right again. Republicans are right, right? lol.

I left in a Liberal are myself . People here drive me crazy, but hey its funning ticking them off.

Now its interesting to figure out who he will hurt running for third party , you may be right too.

But I think anybody who says they will put out of Iraq The first day in Office is a person that will attract Democratic votes and push back most conservative voters if not all.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
that sort of feeds inot my other debate

I theorize that he will HURT pubs, as a 3rd, him being one, but you may be right

I live in the ultra lib bay area and there are a bunch of hippie paul bots that are to the left of a salad fork

also, the left HATES hillary

hates her
Posted by Leonitus_Trujillo 9 years ago
Leonitus_Trujillo
Dangit Im waiting for my opponent to throw his argument for my Huckabee debate. In the mean time, Ron Paul has no chance in He*& to win the Republican Nomination, his best bet is to run as an independant and that way he'll probably get the highest percentage of votes for a non-partisan in history. That sounds like something very important but it doesn't mean squat. He'll help the Republican Nominee (Mike Huckabee) get into office becuase he'll mostly steal votes from the Democrats.

So Amen to Ron Paul the true Hero of the Republican race, not because anything he says makes sense, but becuase he'll kick the democrats in the balls and help the real republicans get in office.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Ron Paul doesnt have a prayer with real republicans

only far left dems and libertarians

god love em, but they are clueless on many things and have no idea to work within the system to effect change
Posted by ScrewSociety62 9 years ago
ScrewSociety62
Also, note Ron Paul's vote count on this website. http://www.whowouldtheworldelect.com... Thats more than all the democrats combined. I know it's the world, and not just Americans, but it says something.
Posted by sethgecko13 9 years ago
sethgecko13
Ron Paul's views have nothing to do with why he isn't going to win the Republican nomination. The reason he's not going to win is that he's not owned by big corporations like the front-runners and he actually takes position (instead of artfully waffling and dodging taking positions on anything). Because of that, he's automatically out of contention.

In the US, the vast majority of voters (when surveyed) have no idea what the positions of the candidates that they vote for are. That's deliberate. It's what corporations pay big money for; to have elections where candidates say as little as possible about what their positions are and spend hundreds of millions of dollars with mind-numbing attack ads (because the less you can say, the less likely it is that you'll say something that alienates someone from voting for you).
Posted by l2jperry 9 years ago
l2jperry
"his views often coincide with liberal ones." Where do you get that idea from?
Posted by ScrewSociety62 9 years ago
ScrewSociety62
Yes please, no votes based on Opinions.
Posted by nrw 9 years ago
nrw
I would ask that the voters vote based on argumentation, not their personal opinion. I'm sure ScrewSociety would agree.

Also, those of you checking this out: could you check out some of my other debates and vote? Some are very close, and I would love the feedback. Thanks.
Vote Placed by Aziar44 8 years ago
Aziar44
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by cLoser 9 years ago
cLoser
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by Capt.Herp 9 years ago
Capt.Herp
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by ScrewSociety62 9 years ago
ScrewSociety62
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by advidiun 9 years ago
advidiun
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by Daxitarian 9 years ago
Daxitarian
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by thevoter 9 years ago
thevoter
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by nrw 9 years ago
nrw
nrwScrewSociety62Tied
Vote Placed by Lacan 9 years ago
Lacan
nrwScrewSociety62Tied