nrw
revleader5

Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination.

Con Tied Pro

nrw

Con

Ron Paul will NOT win the Republican nomination.

Overall, his views do not get him votes from the traditional GOP base votes - those votes are going to Huckabee and Romney, etc.

Ron Paul is getting support, yes. However, this support is limited to a small group of people within the Republican party that disagree with a large portion of the rest of the party. This is why his support is not enough.

Furthermore, taking this into consideration, the GOP will nominate a candidate that it thinks can beat the Democrats. The Republicans know that they face an uphill battle agains the Dems, because the GOP is getting blamed along with Bush's decisions in office. The Republicans will look for whoever has the most WIDESPREAD support, so that the candidate elected will have a chance against the Democrats. Because conservatives know this, Paul, who cannot even solidify the base, will not be able to win the Republican nomination.
revleader5

Pro

Hello, thank you for taking up my challenge from my profile. It still stands for anyone that wants to battle me about Ron Paul.

Well here are some links from CNN, NBC, etc proving that Ron Paul is winning. Ron Paul didn't make any of these websites.

http://www.cnn.com...

Then Ron Paul is winning the ABC election, so they have a writer go out and tell people that Ron Paul cheated using hackers to vote for him thousands of times. They had no proof, they had no evidence to hint anything had happened, and they're making fools of themselves accusing him- http://blogs.abcnews.com...

Did you happen to hear about the Straw Poll where they took Ron Paul's name off of the ballot and replaced it with none, and in first place, you guessed it, None! So GOP wants to remove that soon too! - http://www.ronpaulfan.com...
nrw

Con

First,
That CNN poll is not a poll about who is winning. It is talking about who won the YouTube/CNN debates. Candidates like Romney, Huckabee, and Guiliani are winning in the actual voting poles. Look at the chart, the percentages in favor of Ron Paul are votes from CNN/YouTube viewers. Think about that, YouTube viewers. Not to mention that this is probably mainly liberally-minded high school and college students, Ron Paul's limited support is mainly through his YouTube followers. So, those percentages don't mean much.
Furthermore on that CNN link - look at the "conservative analyst" collumn: this only helps me! The conservatives all reject Ron Paul because they don't see him as a real Republican.
When asked: Who had the most disappointing performance at the debate?
The conservative Bill Bennet said: "Paul just does not come off convincing or presidential."
Think about what I said earlier - the GOP knows it faces a tough battle against the Democrats, so they are going to want to nominate a candidate who has the best chance at beating the Democrats. A libertarian-seeming, "revolution"-starting candidate that CANNOT secure the GOP base is extremely unlikely to achieve the party's nomination.

Next, this ABC News article.
What does this prove? I don't get it. This article is from August - it's almost 2008 now, things are different, and there have been countless numbers of more polls - Paul isn't leading in any real polls. This talks about how the changes don't reflect everything - but that doesn't mean Paul is winning. It's not like someone else is winning on the Democratic side.

Lastly, the "ronpaulfan.com" article. (Hmm, ronpaulfan.com)
This is another example of an internet poll - so it again doesn't reflect who is really winning. Also, the original site, it doesn't restrict people from voting more than once. And, how do they know all the people who hit "none" meant to vote for Ron Paul? Hmm.

Overall, none of your "evidence" says anything about Ron Paul winning the race anywhere - they are votes about who won debates and small internet polls not reaching a large populus. Remember what I said at the beginning of the debate. The GOP is looking to nominate someone who can beat the Democrats. Ron Paul does not have the base support necessary to get the backing of the GOP.
revleader5

Pro

Ok. All you have done is say where Ron Paul is doing badly, most of the places you mention, you have no proof or backup showing where these liberally-minded high schoolers are proven to be the only ones voting for him. The hilarious thing is, I'll lose this debate! There are so many people which I have made depise me. Theoru or whatever his name is, dorky, abney1226, policydebategod, etc. They all will vote against me because I killed them all in debates, so they vote for each other, and well-a! I lose.

Where can you prove that other candidates are doing good? I see no links, no solid proof. Obviously I can't just take your word for it! And don't post a comment crying about how it isn't fair that I posted these questions now, when you have no chance to answer them because this is the last round. You chose 2 rounds, not me.

There, a killer argument that any unbias person would obviously agree with. If I lose this debate badly, it'll prove how innaccurate and bias the results are.
Posted by nrw 9 years ago
nrw
Thanks for the comments.

Could some of you check out some of the other debates I was in that are now in the voting period? There is one which is a tie, and one which I am losing which I am pretty sure I won - I would love some feedback, thanks.
Posted by revleader5 9 years ago
revleader5
I have proved my point in this debate. I will from here on out not debate any more debates in the politics section except the ones I'm finishing up. This site is so biased with voting, people don't even READ the arguments.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Nothing at all, I guess...I am glad you are passionate on the subject, and I am glad thjat you're beliefs are strong. I was simply surprised is all.
Posted by aaroncoleman 9 years ago
aaroncoleman
OH, and there is the fact that Ron Paul will not win the nomination... small detail.
Posted by Thoreau 9 years ago
Thoreau
Revleader, why would you think I despise you? I haven't debated you, and therefore haven't lost. The reason I don't vote for you is this: Your arguments do not hold up!

Nrw presented several reasons why Ron Paul would not win. You did NOT answer these arguments, you just responded with several links to ONLINE POLLS (not very representative of the nation as a whole) that said that Ron Paul was winning. Nrw responded with reasons why your evidence was both faulty and irrelevant, and presented another argument as to why Ron Paul wouldn't win. You responded to this by saying "oh, no, he didn't provide any evidence, all you voters are biased, I'm going to lose." Not the way to win a debate anyway, making excuses for losing. Just face it: You lost this debate because your arguments were not as good as nrw's. That's it.
Posted by revleader5 9 years ago
revleader5
Harlan, yes, I guess I am. But what is wrong with being obsessed with regaining freedom?
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
revleader, you're a bit obsessive, aren't you?
Posted by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
That CNN link doesn't ever say that Ron Paul is winning. He has a relatively big supporting from people on the internet but that in no way means he is winning the majority vote. Also the political experts only picked PAul several times on this, and once or twice it was negative feedback. Also, I remind you that the site was feedback on one debate, not a actual poll on who is winning.

Added that second poll talks about how ABC doesn't guarentee that its polls are accurate. Again, it is just an online poll, that may not be accurate, and doesn't neccesary reflect the majority of voters decisions. Even if you accept that Paul is winning the Republican side (which I don't), Dennis Kucinich??? No way he is leading the Democrats.

The third poll is again, just an online poll. I'm not going to look into whether or not the site allows for spammers, but your website you offered was undoubtedly biased, and I just clicked to the link to the original story. The original story has a notice that basically says: "Ron Paul doesn't encourage spamming" which leads me to suspect the poll could result from a few people voting hundreds of times. Plus the leading vote getter (none), only has 900 some votes. Obviously this doesn't neccesarily represent the majority.

All that being said, I think I would like to debate you on Ron Paul, revleader5.
Vote Placed by MarxistKid 9 years ago
MarxistKid
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by JoeDSileo 9 years ago
JoeDSileo
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by DeATHNOTE 9 years ago
DeATHNOTE
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by Chob 9 years ago
Chob
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by nrw 9 years ago
nrw
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by gonovice 9 years ago
gonovice
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by adamh 9 years ago
adamh
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by NSG 9 years ago
NSG
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by Leonitus_Trujillo 9 years ago
Leonitus_Trujillo
nrwrevleader5Tied
Vote Placed by Thoreau 9 years ago
Thoreau
nrwrevleader5Tied