HorseGirl64
JimmyT

Ron Weasly is better than Hermione Granger

HorseGirl64

Pro

Ron Weasly is better that Hermione because, he is much braver and entertaing for the whole family. We all know he isnt as smart as her but in times of crisis he is the best for example, take the first book Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone when Ron sacrifice himself in the mansized wizard chess so Harry could go to the next task. Although Hermione did pounch Malfoy, (which is an amazing thing to do dont get me worng) Ron faced his real fear with the spiders in book two and (SPOILER ALERT) When Hermione was doing her OWL's she didnt face the boggart. Therefor I see no other reason why Ron isnt better than Hermione.
JimmyT

Con

What about the fact that Hermione basically figures everything out for Ron and Harry from day 1? Ron and Harry are both smart and talented in their own right, but to say they are on the same encyclopedic like knowledge of magic that Hermione has is downright ridiculous. She was the reason they found all of the horcruxes, she is the reason they find out about and make the polyjuice potion, she is the reason that Sirius was saved the first time. She was so brilliant a student that she was given special permission to use a time travelling device to attend conflicting timed classes.

Ron finds himself in the later books but his struggle is much more family based and overcoming shadows he is stuck in and finding comfort in himself. He is brave, no denying that, especially in the books. The movie Ron is a joke because he was written like an idiot. He is a strong willed, brave guy, with brains to boot. To say that he is as brilliant and sharp as Hermione is a stretch, though...
HorseGirl64

Pro

I am not saying that Hermione isn't brilliant but, Ron acts the best in times of crisis. He saved Harry from that lake, although I see what you are saying that you admire Ron and I do admire Hermione she is a great hero in the books... I have a proposal a draw for now Ron Weasly and Hermione Granger are equally amazing.
JimmyT

Con

I don't even know about the times of crisis bit. I mean, they've both saved Harry on numerous occasions. I suppose I would agree that Hermione is the best at taking charge and attacking a time of crisis i.e. preparing for the trip to find horcruxes. Basically every time they had to prepare for something, it was all Hermione's idea.

In the way of straight up, soldier like, in the moment, athletic heroism, I would say that Ron will certainly step up and act on instinct as well as anyone in the stories if not better. I could also argue that it is the Weasley passion he displays.

I'll call it a draw though if you don't feel like going deeper. I would agree with one of the comments that said that they are extremely different characters. Hard to compare, they tend to balance eachother out in the trio of heroes.
HorseGirl64

Pro

Point taken. Draw.
JimmyT

Con

JimmyT forfeited this round.
Posted by pratikshyam 3 years ago
pratikshyam
I dont think one can compare the characters. Both are unique in their own ways. At least they dont copy each other. I personally loved both.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
HorseGirl64JimmyTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides call it a draw... However pro failed to use spell check, leading to some funny (possibly sexual) statements about what Harmione did with Draco. However conduct goes to pro for the missed round.