MPrince9799
Gabe1e

Rondo is an underrated player

Started: 11/23/2013 Category: Sports

MPrince9799

Pro

Every time I see someone mention Rondo online or anywhere he is usually mentioned in a negative light. I think he is a player who deserves way more credit than he actually gets
Gabe1e

Con

Rajon Rondo isn't the best player, he's not underrated. You may start.

MPrince9799

Pro

MPrince9799 forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Con

My opponent forfieted....
MPrince9799

Pro

Rondo is extremely underrated because everyone dismisses him in arguments about best PGs simply because he doesn't shoot a decent percentage of his jumpers. Now I know that it is important for any player in the NBA to be able to shoot wide open jumpers from mid, but Rondo more than makes up for his lack of a jump shot by other aspects of his game:

First: He already averages enough points for a point guard. He averages about 12 points per game since his sophomore year in the NBA. and in the playoffs, he averages 14.5 points per game. These numbers clearly show that he has other scoring options than the mid-range jump shot.

Second: He is an incredible play maker. During his last three seasons, he averaged about 11 assists per game, and he lead the league in assists in the previous two seasons. And let's not forget that he holds the record for the second most double digit assist games in a row. A player who can assist at will is more impressive in my eyes than a player who can score at will, and these numbers prove my point.

Third: He is an amazing rebounder for his size. During his career he averaged 4.5 rebounds per game during the regular season. and during the playoffs he averages 6 rebounds per game. That is just amazing.

Fourth: His defense. He is a great defender; he is consistently among the league leaders in steals.

Looking at all the things that he brings to the table, one can clearly see that he deserves more credit than he actually gets, and even though he shot 64.5% from the line this season; his shooting isn't terrible and it definitely doesn't immediately make him a player who is a liability at the 4th quarter.

Sources :
Gabe1e

Con

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
Posted by MPrince9799 3 years ago
MPrince9799
I am sorry for not getting to my argument in time; I was extremely busy prepping for my SAT. Can we continue this debate?
Posted by Gabe1e 3 years ago
Gabe1e
forfeited*