princesszelda
ChayNewman

Rose Tyler is the Best Companion of The Doctor in the New Doctor Who

princesszelda

Pro

I was debating with a friend of mine previously about this subject. I'd like to do the same on this website. First I'd just like to make it clear that I am trying to get the point across that Rose Tyler is the best companion of the doctor in NewWho. If anyone wants to contradict this, go right on ahead. And then we can start.
ChayNewman

Con

You can't deny that Billie Piper is an outstanding actress throughout her time in Doctor Who, but her character is questionable at best. First of all, companions get tied up and ask questions that further the plot, although they generally end up saying stupid things they are still brilliant, yet Rose manages to slow the plot and mess up the timing. Her main redeeming quality is the fact that she is strong-minded and can defend herself to a certain extent, although all the companions share this trait, so she really doesn't hold a candle to Martha or Donna
princesszelda

Pro

Although it is true that Rose may not be as smart as the soon-to-be doctor Martha Jones or as funny as Donna, that is part of her charm. It just goes to show how you don't need to be completely brilliant or tough in order to be a companion of the Doctor. Rose is just a completely normal, sweet and sassy young girl, and it was with this normalcy that she saved the Doctor. The Doctor was in a very dark place when she came along; he said so himself. Then, he happened across Rose and she showed him how to love life again. This is what makes Rose such a fantastic companion. Martha and Donna are entertaining and were a great help to the Doctor, but Rose meant the most to him. Rose did have something that the other companions of the Doctor didn't. She had a genuine appreciation for life and love. The Doctor appreciated her, even if she wasn't the smartest of his companions, and I believe that this makes her even more impressive than the other companions. Not to mention, the seperation of Rose and the Doctor was the saddest ever, and just further proves how much they meant to eachother. I think that Rose did just as well as Martha and Donna, plus she was there for more seasons, and she still managed. And do I even need to talk about how totally awesome she was when she ripped open the door of the TARDIS and looked into it's heart and then gained superhuman powers just to get back to the Doctor? The Doctor and Rose had a relationship like no other, and thus I believe that she deserves more appreciation.
However, I would like to hear what makes you think that she "manages to slow the plot and mess up the timing." Please explain in your next argument. :)
ChayNewman

Con

ChayNewman forfeited this round.
princesszelda

Pro

What a pity. :(
ChayNewman

Con

ChayNewman forfeited this round.