Chrisg198
Stupidwalrus

Runescape Is Better Than World of Warcraft

Started: 7/28/2012 Category: Technology

Chrisg198

Pro

Okay, so I've seen people debating on here before about RS vs. WOW. I found that they all sided with WOW. I am here to attempt to prove them wrong. So, first off I would like to state some positive arguements about Runescape.
1. Free To Play
2. Many Skills
3. Not Locked Into One Class
2. Many Bosses
4. Many Player Mods To Crack Down On Players Disobeying Rules
5. In Depth Combat System, Which Is About To Get Even Better In The New Update
6. Fun PvP, You Can Choose To Fight More Than One Player Or Just One Player
7. Easy to Hard Money-Making, It Depends On Your Skills And Your Brain, If You've Put Time Into The Skills You're Better, If You're Smart, You Can Use The Economy And Work It Similar To A Stock Exchange That's Always Going Up.
8. RuneScape Hit 200M Players A Few Days Ago, Not Saying That All Of Them Play But There Are Somewhere In The Range Of 5 Million Active Accounts PER MONTH I Heard. Beat That WOW, You Only Have 10 Million Players In General.

Okay, Now Some Counter Arguements On Those Facts Stated Above:
1. Yeah, WOW Costs Money But It's A Better Gaming Experience.
Response: Really? Are You So Sure It's Better? Staying Away From Opinion Here, Runescape Has 200M Players, Many Bosses To Fight With More Being Added All of The Time, Over 20 Skills To Train Which Can All Be Trained In Different and Unique Ways, Which Are All Available Since There Are No "Classes" Locking You In To Certain Skills. Also, RS Has Very Decent Graphics, In Depth Combat, And Constant Updates.

2. THE SKILLS ARE REPETITIVE!
Response: Not True. Yes, Training Can Be Repetitive, But You Don't Have To Train The Skill If You Don't Want To. Some People Say, "I Have To Train The Skills, But I Don't Really Want To." How Is That Possible? In A Game Where You Do What You Want, What Is Making You Train The Skills Besides A Goal. And If You Are Trying To Reach That Goal, and You Don't Want To Train The Skills, Do You Really Want That Goal. Example: I Want 99 Fletching. If You Don't Want To Train The Skills, Do You Really Want 99? Also, In Combat Training, You Can Switch Monsters, Prayers, Weapons, Armour, and The Three Main Combat Skills, Range, Mage, and Melee, Whenever You Want.

3. BUT ONE CLASS IS BETTER! YOU CAN MAKE MORE ACCOUNTS IF YOU WANT MORE!!
Response: Okay, One Class Limits You To Certain Things, Where Runescape Let's You Have Everything On One Account. Also, If You Are Intent On One Thing, You Can Only Train That One Thing On Your Account If You Choose To Do So. For Example, There Are "Pures" Who Train Their Accounts To Be Amazing PvP'ers While Still Keeping Their Overall Level Low. If That Isn't Enough, Some of Them Stick With Only Training Mage or Range, Meaning That They Technically Are In a "Class".

4. PLAYER MODS DONT REALLY WORK, THEY JUST PLAY THE GAME LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE
Response: They Play, There Is Just A Lot of Work And They Can't Be Around You Personally Every Second of The Day.

5. RUNESCAPE'S COMBAT SYSTEM ISN'T IN DEPTH!
Response: When You Add Six Total Skills, Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Range, Mage and Prayer, One Skill That Works On NPC Combat, Slayer, and Several Non-Combat Skills That Can Benefit Your Combat, It Really Is. Also, There Is Summoning Which Can Be Used To Make You Fight Better By Summoning A "Helper" of Sorts.

6. WOW'S PVP IS BETTER!!!!!!
Response: WOW = Fighting People For Fun, No Real Loss, Gain, or Skill.
RS = Decide Who Is Worth Fighting, Actually Taking Care of Yourself in PVP, Every Person Can Heal, and The Wilderness Is Like One Massive WOW Battleground. Also, There Is Bounty Hunter, Duel Arena, and Many Other Combat Minigames. The Story Behind The Wilderness Is Also A Better RPG Experience. Okay, and WOW Combat In Itself Is More In-Depth? Well, After The Combat Beta Update Is Implemented, RuneScape Will Be Much More In-Depth Than WOW. I, However, Prefer Runescape's Simpler PvP Experience. It's Easier To Understand and Even Low Levels Can Succesfully PK.

7. PEOPLE SELL GOLD LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF STYLE! ALSO, IT'S DIFFICULT TO MAKE MONEY!
Response: Yes, They Sell Gold, But All Accounts Who Buy Gold Are Normally Caught and Banned, Which Leaves The Illegally Obtained Gold Removed From The Economy. Also, You Actually Have To Get The Hang Of Them Game Before You Can Make Real Money, Which Benefits The Economy Many Times Over.
(2)7. YOU CAN PRACTICALLY BUY GOLD WITH THE SQUEAL OF FORTUNE!
Response: Okay, Even I Don't Agree With The SOF, But Seriously. The SOF Offers No Real Substantial Amount of RSGP Except For The One Prize, 200m. Most Of The Time, You Don't Even Draw The Possibility Of Winning It. When You Do, You Spin Among It and Several Other Items. When It Is Drawn, It Makes Itself a "Red Slot Item", AKA a Super Rare Chance of Hitting It While The Other Items You Are Spinnign Against Are "White Slot" and "Gold Slot" Items. (Gold = Slim Chance)(White = High Chance) If You Can Find A Picture or Video of Somebody Winning It Online, I Would Like To See. I Personally Believe It Is There To Excite Players and Impossible To Win.

8. *Speechless*
Response: Nuff Said. =D

Okay, Now Some Reasons Why WOW Is Bad.

1. Bad Community
2. Lack Of Content Updates, Just Expansions To The Games, No Real, Hardcore, Game Changing For The Better-Do What The Players Want-Updates Except For The PvP Ruining Ones.
3. You Absoultely HAVE To Play With Other People
4. You Can Complete The Game In Short Amounts of Time With A Maxed Character (Short Amount of Time Is In Comparison To RS), Where In RS, Once You Max Your Character There Is Always More To Do And Constant, Technically Un-Maxing, Updates. They Provide Something To Make You Want To Keep Playing.
5. Once You Beat For Example, The Lich King, There Is No Other NPC To Reallt Scare You. The RS Bosses Are Pretty Tough, And Even Once You Beat Them All They Always Add New Bosses, For Example The QBD Was Recently Added.

Well, Debate With Me! I Do Not Intend To Start An Arguement, Just A Debate. There IS A Difference. And No WOW Nerds Who Will Say, "WOW IS B3TT0R, STFU NOOB!"
Stupidwalrus

Con

Won't be able to debate this, I apologize. Vote pro.
Chrisg198

Pro

Chrisg198 forfeited this round.
Stupidwalrus

Con

Stupidwalrus forfeited this round.
Chrisg198

Pro

Chrisg198 forfeited this round.
Stupidwalrus

Con

This is shaping up to be a very interesting debate.
Chrisg198

Pro

Chrisg198 forfeited this round.
Stupidwalrus

Con

hjlhjlhjlhjlk
Chrisg198

Pro

Chrisg198 forfeited this round.
Stupidwalrus

Con

best debate evar
Posted by SarcasticIndeed 4 years ago
SarcasticIndeed
If this was shorter, I'd accept it. I haven't played Runescape for more than a few minutes, but I'm guessing it's far worse. And, what bossy said.
Posted by thett3 4 years ago
thett3
oh, and lets not forget all the SW prods.
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
Runescape is clicking on things.
WoW is clicking on things with nice visuals.
Posted by thett3 4 years ago
thett3
D claws fu

Runescape has way too many OP weapons now. I miss the days of dragon scims and mage shortbows, fucck claws and godswords. One of the reasons I quit
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
I dislike both, but only ever tried one.

The other just sounds weird.