TheWorldIsComplicated
Julian-Harker

Running is a Sport

TheWorldIsComplicated

Pro

I believe that running is a sport. The first round is acceptance. The con may not bring up new points in the final round.
Julian-Harker

Con

Running is not necessarily a sport, it may be a hobby. If you run eg to catch up to someone, it's not a sport, just getting to a point quicker. It depends what you do it for, if it is for competitive reasons, then it may be a sport, but running is NOT a sport in general.
TheWorldIsComplicated

Pro

I'm talking about competitive races.

Sport- an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Running clearly falls under that category. While running in a race a person is clearly using physical exertion and is a competition. Running was also the first sport in the Olypmics, so that certainly tells you it must be a sport.
Julian-Harker

Con

'I'm talking about competitive races'

This ultimately defeats the purpose of this debate. You're trying to relate to something that IS a sport which is based on running, you're supposed to convince me that running is a sport.
TheWorldIsComplicated

Pro

I'll try to put it more clearly. Running is a sport because you using your body, and you are either competing with youself or others. Any type of running can technically be a sport because you are using your body to run.
Julian-Harker

Con

Running is ONLY a sport if you are putting a comparison between you and others as a sort of contest. You're implying that if you run (like running across the road) it is immediately considered a sport. I believe this stands as one of your fatal flaws because you are not going in further depth 'why' you 'think' it's a sport. This is a point of clash in this debate and so far you are failing to affirmate the topic.

I believe my point shall stand because running is not always necessarily a sport but something we are not to compare with others, just a human characteristic that we use for many things, instinct of survival, to get to a point quicker etc, it's not mainly for competing.

This concludes my composition to this argument.
Posted by whiteflame 5 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: PandaSam67// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments)). Reasons for voting decision: Pro said running, but did not classify what kind of running. Con used this error to his advantage.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter needs to analyze specific points made in the debate by both sides, and not merely refer generally to what didn't happen in the debate.
************************************************************************