tylergraham95
debate339

Rush Limbaugh is a blithering idiot.

tylergraham95

tylergraham95

Pro

First round is for acceptance only.
Second is for construction only.
No new arguments or rebuttals may be made in the final round.

Blithering idiot- a dumb talkative person

Rush Limbaugh- A conservative political pundit

"Rush Limbaugh is a conservative radio talk show host. His website describes him as 'America's Truth Detector; the Doctor of Democracy; the Most Dangerous Man in America; the All-Knowing, All-Sensing, All-Everything Maha Rushie; defender of motherhood, protector of fatherhood and an all-around good guy.'"
-Politifact
debate339

Con

First round is for acceptance only.
Second is for construction only.

-Politifact
tylergraham95

Pro

"Now, how can I be anti-woman? I even judged the Miss America pageant." -Rush Limbaugh, March 14, 2012

Rush Limbaugh. What a man.

What an idiot.

Pros Case

Rush Limbaugh absolutely fits the definition of "Blithering Idiot"

In order to win this debate I must not only prove the Limbaugh is an idiot, I must also prove that he is an idiot that blithers.

Thus, it begins.

Limbaugh, the idiot.

Rush Limbaugh shows many signs of being an idiot: he makes statements that are moronic; he constantly states falsehoods as fact, not knowing that they are indeed falsehoods; he often makes statements that are sexist and/or racist; and he very often makes statements that show an obvious lack of education. This is seen in many of his quotes.

"What does it say about the college co-ed [Sandra] Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex -- what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex." -Rush Limbaugh, referring to a Georgetown Law School student who was denied the right to speak at a congressional hearing on contraception, in which she planned to discuss a friend of hers who needed contraception to prevent the growth of cysts, February 29, 2012 (1)

Honestly, that is REALLY sexist! People have the right to have as much sex as they like! And people can buy contraceptives if they like! It's none of Limbaughs business. Here is his follow-up statement.

"A Georgetown coed told Nancy Pelosi's hearing that the women in her law school program are having so much sex they're going broke, so you and I should have to pay for their birth control. So what would you call that? I called it what it is. So, I'm offering a compromise today: I will buy all of the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want. ... So Miss Fluke and the rest of you feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch." -Rush Limbaugh, March 1, 2012 (1)

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F*CK?! Are serious Rush? Not only is he totally misinterpreting the situation (classic strawman) he's also being incredibly sexist! Next thing you know he'll start talking about how his ex-wifes had too many rights.

"These were highly civil comments for crying out loud. I mean, people are going nuts. USA Today, the Politico. And some people were suggesting that my comments were below the belt. Well, take a look at some pictures. Given where she wears her belts. I mean, she wears them high up there around the bust line. Isn't just about everything about her below the belt when you look at the fashion sense she has?" –Rush Limbaugh, after being criticized for making derogatory comments about First Lady Michelle Obama's weight, Feb. 22, 2011 (1)

Well that's A) not logical, and B) just plain old mean.

"That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires." --Rush Limbaugh, on the death of longtime New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, July 13, 2010 (1)

Hey that's OUR WORD! Wait....

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is." --Rush Limbaugh, on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, May 3, 2010

Well clearly Limbaugh just doesn't understand the environment. Is Rush Limbaugh an environmental scientist? NO! Why is he making statements like this??? Because Rush Limbaugh is...(wait for it)... AN IDIOT!

Here are a few more highlights. (1)

"Guess what? Faisal Shahzad is a registered Democrat. I wonder if his SUV had an Obama sticker on it." --Rush Limbaugh, lying about the failed Times Square car bomber, who is not registered to vote, May 4, 2010

"I'm a huge supporter of women. What I'm not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women's movement — especially when walking behind it." --Rush Limbaugh, responding to criticism that he is sexist and defending his selection as one of the judges at the 2010 Miss America Pageant, "Fox News' Fox & Friends," February 3, 2010

"We've already donated to Haiti. It's called the U.S. income tax." --Rush Limbaugh, discouraging donations to relief efforts in Haiti after the devastating earthquake, Jan. 13, 2010

"Holocaust 90 million Indians? Only four million left? They all have casinos, what's to complain about?" --Rush Limbaugh in 2009

"The phony soldiers." --Rush Limbaugh, on U.S. service members who support withdrawal from Iraq

"He discusses his service in Iraq, the wounds he suffered there, and he says to me in this ad, 'Until you have the guts to call me a 'phony soldier' to my face, stop telling lies about my service.' You know, this is such a blatant use of a valiant combat veteran, lying to him about what I said, then strapping those lies to his belt, sending him out via the media in a TV ad to walk into as many people as he can walk into." --Rush Limbaugh, denouncing an ad by VoteVets.org featuring Iraq war veteran Brian McGough by likening him to a suicide bomber.

Furthermore, Rush Limbaugh is either A) an idiot, or B) a lying idiot. This is apparent not only in the quotes I've shown but also on the fact that his politifact truth-o-meter shows him to be 30% "Pants-on fire" (blatantly lying), 20% false, 35% mostly false, 10% half true, 5% mostly true, and 0% true (2). Obviously, the truth holds little meaning to Mr. Limbaugh.

Now that I have proven him to be an idiot I shall now prove he is a blithering idiot.

Blithering you say!

Yes! Blithering! He won't stop talking! Because he's a talk show host! And he has been since 1984. (3) So clearly if he's been on a TALK SHOW since the eighties he is very talkative!

If he is talkative and an idiot then he therefore qualifies as a blithering idiot!

VOTE PRO!

1. http://politicalhumor.about.com...
2. http://www.politifact.com...
3. http://en.wikipedia.org...
debate339

Con

CrY ABOUT IT
tylergraham95

Pro

Forward all points.

Does this mean my opponent concedes?
debate339

Con

debate339 forfeited this round.
tylergraham95

Pro

Forward all points.
debate339

Con

yea this debate is rater dumb... i forfiet on the grounds that ths was supposed to be a troll but... im screwed
debate339

Con

debate339 forfeited this round.
Posted by fidelacchius 3 years ago
fidelacchius
Lol
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
tylergraham95debate339Tied
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT: Forfeit, no attempt at debating. S&G: "CrY ABOUT IT" ARGUMENT: No contest on any points made by pro. SOURCES: Somewhat weakly, but pro takes this as well for well done research.